Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 9:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/Vale Tudo ala Lovato

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Graduate 8th grade and get your 7th degree black belt!!!!!!!!! Come on kids, it's all the fad!!!!!!!! No other legitimate martial artist or school will recognize you, but you'll know your kewl!!!!!!

Ok, seriously......how can this kid be mature enought, have trained enough, etc for this to even be slightly legitimate? I doubt that Brock is even old enough to have legitimately obtained this rank, let alone pass it out. I know this is an obvious point that everyone has picked up on, but damn....and I thought McDojos that pass out blackbelts to 7 year olds where reprehensable. This is a farce.

....Oh, and look at the high tech weight room. Spiffy!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 9:58am

Style: musabetsu kakuto & booj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Belt: back in history, the belts were colorless and never washed. They then became soiled. Through the years the highest belt was usually the darkest. As history progressed they used colors to describe rank then ending with black as the highest.
    people still believe this ****?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 8:41pm

Style: GJJ - that's all I need

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm gonna answer an earlier question in this thread, but first I just HAVE to ask:

Osiris, when you had that loudmouth KF guy fully mounted in that parking lot after you pulled your head out of his lame guillotine attempt, why didn't you pound him out instead of letting him up to talk some more shiat? If I've ever seen someone in dire need of a hardcore ground and pounding, that was him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 8:48pm

Style: GJJ - that's all I need

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr
    what's up with that? i mean i know about laimon's gracie bashing, but i think that it's kinda messed up that he and pena would also transfer their "hate" on the gracie STUDENTS. especially since they were direct gracie students at one point in their bjj journeys.

but then again, i'm a machado student, and i've "heard" of certain "stories" about gracie students stopping by at an undisclosed machado school for open mat, and they became "fresh meat" with targets on their asses as soon as the machado students saw their gis with the gracie patches.
    You know, I'm really not sure... I came in there with an open mind and definitely not looking for trouble. I'm just a blue belt after all, and I'm quite sure Laimon could stomp me into pudding. He just started talking smack about Ryron Gracie to me, one of my favorite guys in the world, and finally I couldn't take it anymore and told him if he has so much to say ABOUT Ryron, he should just say it TO Ryron instead of a lowly blue belt. Scuttlebutt has it there are a couple of purple belts in LV that have tried to fight Laimon but he didn't want any. I've seen one of these purple belts, a big ferocious black guy and I wouldn't want any either. The other one was Kevin Casey and no sane person wants any of him. You'll be seeing him in the cage pretty soon, he was in Ralek Gracie's corner for his recent fight. Laimon has fantastic BJJ, at least in sport competition, and I would love to learn from him but I'm afraid he'd just kick my ass at some point.

Re Sergio Pena, that's just old school stuff going back to him and Rickson in Brazil. I felt no threat from Pena, he just let me know what's up, and it was kind of cool just being part of it in a minor way.

Gracie and Machado students, AFAIK, get along just fine and crosstrain quite a bit in Cali. At least I've never had a real problem with a Machado student or heard of one, but I imagine a little friendly rivalry could develop if Gracie students showed up at a Machado school.

The important thing about all this anyhoo is Brockdo Jiu Jitsu!! Someone needs to pay this clown a visit and see if you can get a roll in.

Posted On:
    8/31/2007 8:53am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dig420
    wow, thanks ant!

I wish this thread had taken off, but I guess it's such obvious bullshido that there's just no point lol
    7th dan 14 year-old? Can't get much worse than that.

Still, it would be nice to see someone roll with the guy and see what he knows. Looks like a strong mofo if nothing else...

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/31/2007 9:33am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the problem with a school like this is that everyone here knows it is what it is. This is the typical strip mall martial arts scenario happening on every corner. to try to go after a school like this is just a waste of time. There is nothing apparently fraudulent or misleading about this school.

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 9:59pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hate to bring an old discussion up, but I was searching through the archives and saw this. I happened across this school a few years ago while in the general area on business.
    This school is the definition of bullshido. He has no lineage at all. I asked to take a class, I was a blue belt at the time, and was not allowed. I think it may have had something to do with me mentioning that I took BJJ. His brother, who by the pictures will show, obviously hasn't used that "state of the art" exercise room. Ever. I also asked about his instructors for jujitsu, and not given one name. Just the old, "I've trained with too many to remember."
    Also if you take a look at the website, you can watch one of the most scripted fights you'll ever see. Almost like directly out of a Steven Segall movie. Also a picture of the chubby "sensei" doing a horrible display of a judo throw.
    No lineage, 14 yr. old 7th degree blackbelt, etc. etc. The place is a joke.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 1:49am

Style: PLUR

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If that guy weighs 260, then I'm a dirty little schoolgirl.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 3:21am

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

::Vomit::

That doesn't look like any escrima/kali/arnis stance strike I've seen in my life.

On your toes. completely square in closed stance. with your sticks loosely held.

Pathetic.

Don't even want to talk about this picture.

Last edited by variance; 11/30/2007 3:25am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 9:42am

supporting member
     Style: American JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, I know A LOT more background on this school. I'm friends with one of the former instructors that left due to the underhanded ILLEGAL activities that were going on.

Give you a bit of background on this tool. I'm at a wedding where he is the best man, this **** nuts shows up in an underarmour sleeveless shirt for the rehearsal at the church. He's eye'ing me down like he's gonna do something. My fiance at the time (now wife) was like, WTF is his problem? I said, he's the basic musclehead trying to intimidate anyone he can. I winked and blew him a kiss and he got pissed off. But he did what? NOTHING.

Apparently he had been (until a few months ago) posing as a cop (he was fired and still had his badge from the small town PD). He was posing as a cop and getting *****. He was fucking his students etc... It was VERY VERY cult-like. KBI got involved in the whole thing. Apparently if you try to leave the school, they all show up and try to COUNSEL YOU and won't let you leave the school. Threats, etc... Almost Manson-like type of ****.

Plenty of more bullshit that went on behind the scenes but will hold off on it for another time.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast