Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 12:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysol View Post
    I realize that the last post on here was two months ago, but just wanted to share the following:

- While several people have made claims that the school is cult like, they now decided to block the website. The site now requires a username and password to view. The only contact info accessable to non-members is the phone number. When I last checked this thread (two months ago), the site was still up as normal. That's...interesting.

- The organization which was referenced in the original post (the one which may very well be owned by Brock) is no longer in existence. Or at least the website no longer is.

- I found this from 2003:

http://www.blackbeltblog.net/chat_ar...03archive.html

For those too lazy to scroll to 9-10-03, it says (copied directly from the site):

"My name is Walt Bushey and I am the President of KIAI ( http://kiai.dzaba.com/ <http://kiai.dzaba.com/> ), an organization seemingly verifying the background details of a person in an article in your paper. I hold the rank of Okuden Menkyo in Bujutsu (traditional samurai weapons and combative skills) under Kuniaki Senyo sensei ( http://katsujin.org/KGBR.htm <http://katsujin.org/KGBR.htm> ) and I represent Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iaijutsu and the Komei Jyuku of Sekiguchi Komei sensei (21st inheritor of Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iaijutsu ) here in Texas ( www.katsujin.org <http://www.katsujin.org> - bukijutsu page) .
    I read an article in your paper about a young boy from your town entitled, ?Garnett youth tops in nation in the world of martial arts? dated Wed. July 30, 2003. This article claims that a martial art federation called KIAI is responsible for registering this young boy and his father, one Brock Moody, as a ?sensei? of martial arts. While I applaud the efforts of one so young and in no way wish to diminish his accomplishments, in this article, Mr. Moody made many fanciful claims in regards to this organization called KIAI and in regards to himself in relation to KIAI. I have been the president of KIAI (Kenjutsu International Association of Instructors) for several years now and was appointed to the position of President by the founder of KIAI, Dr. Ivica Zdravkovic of Pozarevac, Serbia ( ikiliki@ptt.yu <mailto:ikiliki@ptt.yu> ). We do keep records of traditional nihon (japanese) budo sensei all over the world. ( Our KIAI web site can confirm this.) This man (and thusly his son) have never been registed by our KIAI or any known or registerd organization using that acronym. The ĎAdvocate? article claims that, Brock Moody, has been listed as the youngest sensei in America for more than twenty years by the ?KIAI martial arts federation?. I have checked with every contactable budo organization still in existence from the year 1946 (the year the first budo organization in the U.S., the? USKA ? was founded by Robert Trias) to now that has ever used the word or acronym KIAI in itís title with a listing online and those organizations not online with a contact telephone no. or recorded mention in the ? Complete Martial Arts Catalogue of Records, Titles and Organizations ? ( authored by John Corcoran and Emil Farkas ISBN 0-671-22668-1) . None of the organizations I have contacted have ever heard of Brock Moody or anything called the ?yen academy?. (Yen is the japanese word for money). There is no evidence of the legitmate existence of ? 20 year old record books? or ?Yen academy sensei exams? liscensed by KIAI or any recorded organization using the acronym ?KIAI? or word ?KIAI? in itís title anywhere in the last 57 years. If Mr. Moody has any legitimate records backing his statements or verification by legitimate organizations of any of his claims, I invite him to make this verifiable information public to clear this up and prove his statements, or to stop using the legitimate name of KIAI for his unverfiable claims. Walt Bushey President KIAI-President KGBR-Texas Komei Jyuku"

-
    I think someone had to get a new weblink www.aikijujitsu.net:eusa_naug

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 12:53pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you put in his name in Google, this thread still comes up first.

You thinking he is trying to pull the old name switcherooo to draw attention away from him and his school?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 3:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    When you put in his name in Google, this thread still comes up first.

Which must be why his profile just has him listed as "Sensei". And he's attained the coveted rank of "the boss".

Though I don't know why he prefers weapons owned by some dude named Sai.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 10:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since he has changed the name of his site(for whatever reason), I decided to email Mr Moody and some of his cohorts in an attempt to get some answers to a few questions. I have not received any response from Mr. Moody, but I did from one of his assistant instructors. Posted is my email and the response I received.

Mine:

Hello, I saw on your website that you are located in Garnett, KS, I am in Osawatomie. I had a few questions for Mr. Moody and wanted to make sure that I got through to somone. What is Mr. Moody's lineage? With whom did he train and earn rank? How many years did Mr. Moody train before he received his 1st degree black belt? What styles does Mr. Moody teach? Is it just jujitsu? Is it Aiki-jujitsu? Which Ryu-ha did he receive his rank from?

Thank you for your assistance,
    (Name removed).

The response:

(Name removed),
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I am fighting a very busy schedule. I started jujitsu under Sensei Moody a few years ago, and I absolutely love it. It has become a way of life for me. It is Aiki Jujitsu, providing students to learn not only jujitsu, but knowledge in many different art forms. Sensei Moody has studied a wide variety of different arts, and brings first-hand knowledge of each to the table. If you are truly interested in studying an art, I would strongly recommend this one. You won't be limited by katas here, you will be encouraged to develop your own style: accenting your strengths, improving your weaknesses, and completely free in form.
    I would invite you to join us on Mondays and Wednesdays at 6:00 pm. It may help you get a feel for what Sensei is all about, that is how I got started. In fact, I am so happy and content with the program that I have never inquired as to lineage or things of that nature. I've realized that aspect of martial arts has become an over-emphasized and non-relevant factor in my study of the arts. Many dojos will promote lineage as a means of drawing business, and you may find that they aren't as open to the development of free form fighting within each individual.
    Once again, I invite you to join us either as a participant or observer. Studying the martial arts is a very rewarding life activity, and selection of a place to study is a key part of the process for the individual .
    I hope this helps answer some questions, and if I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. Good luck in your quest to study, you will be glad you did.
    Hope to see you Wednesday!

With respect,
    (Name removed)
    Brown Belt/Assistant Instructor

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/18/2010 9:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just watched the videos on that dudes site and I know i've been out of the MA circle for a number of years, but as a TKDer I have to say those kicks are horriffic. I hope none of those people get into a real fight because they'll be owned quickley and probably hurt.

Posted On:
    10/02/2010 9:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont see anything at either web site listed.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/02/2010 3:13pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/15/2010 9:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whats with http://www.aikijujitsu.net/ ? Am i an idiot? Is this the brock guy, the name says cody stackhouse

It says

"
    Come see us little man please! You love talking crap without backing it up! Call us PLEASE! We can't wait. with your skills you won't have any problem with us. I love you and these guys picking on veterans in a 3000 small town just teaching some kids discipline, and having fun! You think they will teach an Amish kid to kill a cow or something?
    You should look up some of these guys you (searcher66071), dig420 and teamplayer your picking on? Look up "the little news paper kid" he was valedictorian, Athlete of the year, He made it into Annapolis and the citadel, and now is a marine! What are you doing with your life looser?
    Three others are also veterans that served their country yet you decide to anonymously talk **** with out showing who you are. I take it you served your country with honor right?
    Come see us especially dig420 since you were here and they "refused to roll with such a stud like you" we can't wait!
    Nothing like anonymous cowards attacking veterans!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/15/2010 10:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny, my name is NOT Cody Stackhouse. And I don't look like that. I am not sure who that is, but OK. I did not say anything about his or any of the other guys' service records. And I made my comments concerning my own experience with his fighters and my concerns with what seems to be his self promotion in rank.

PS- I have never been on fubar.com and I do not have a handle of stack42.

And it is LOSER, not LOOSER!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/15/2010 10:07pm

Style: GJJ - that's all I need

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nah that's not him. They took that text down but it's still in their page source lol
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast