Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 1:56am

Style: GJJ - that's all I need

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Garnett, KS: Brock Moody Sr's Brock-Do-Jujitsu is WORSE than [some other Bullshidoka]

ok, so I'm in Garnet KS, visiting my gf's family on our way back to Las Vegas from Indiana, and her brother tells me about this place called brockdo jiu jitsu (http://www.brockdo.com). He also tells me that this guy Brock had a write up in the local paper telling all about his truly amazing accomplishments in the world of martial arts, which was followed up by a letter to the paper from someone from one of the organizations Brock claimed to have received some of his accolades from saying that they had never heard of him, he had never won a tournament from this organization and neither had his students.

I'm a blue belt in BJJ from Gracie Academy in Torrance, with additional training from Jeff Glover in LV and Mike McVicker in Terre Haute, In., so I figured I'll come in and see what's up with this guy and roll with him since he claims to be a JJ teacher. I show up, he doesnt want to roll right then. Fair enough, I ask him what's a good time to take a private and roll with him. He says I can roll with his brother, who he says is 300 lbs. I ask Brock what he himself weighs, he says 260 - I can tell he's 200 max, but I say 260 is better than 300, so how about he and I just go at it instead. He says he can't because he's booked up alllll week, not an hour to spare. I tell him I'll happily go with his bigass brother, he takes my number, and they never call me. When I was talking to Brock I asked him who he learned from, he says 'bro, over 30 years thats too many teachers to pick one!' I explain to him my personal Gracie lineage, who trained me and who trained my instructors, he still refuses to come up with a name. Basically what it comes down to is he refuses to train with me even though he has at least 30 lbs and plenty of muscle over me. IN fact when he's writing down my number for his brother his hand is shaking like its about to fall off.

ok so I go to his website, and I notice that he claims, among other things, that his son is world record holder for having trained 975 hrs in 1996, when he was four years old, and was a 'sensei', whatever that means, by the time he was 11 years old in 2003, credit for that fact goes to http://glocktalk.com/sitemap/topic/445978-1.html

THe first claim on his school website, http://www.brockdo.com, is that he is a proud member of the KMF, the 'premier North American organization dedicated to all the martial arts disciplines', and looking at betterwhois.com you can see that the kmf website is registered by someone also located in Garnet, KS, a town with a population of something like 13. Pretty coincidental that both KMF and brockdo happen to be located in the same tiny Kansas town. http://www.kmfmartialarts.com

Looking at this guy's website, there's just so much bullshido I almost don't know where to start... he has a kid who has apparently been training for 14 yrs, looks like he's about 14 years old and is a 7th degree black belt. He currently attends jr. high school and is the school's head weapons instructor!

He has a daughter in grade school who is listed as an instructor. Among the other rules of his 'school' are 'no lieing' (sic) and that if a kid gets in trouble at school he must be notified immediately by the parents. He was awarded his own 'style' by the ubiquitous KMF and if u look at his pics they're mostly of him posing in a weight room trying his very best to look ultra superduper hard. I'm serious, if u wanted to go over his website and credentials with a fine tooth comb, all this stuff is just the tip of the iceberg. This guy is a joke.

Anyone want to pick up the ball and run with this? please please please!!!
    Last edited by dig420; 8/18/2007 2:26am at .

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 4:36am

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep on trying to get a spar with him, his brother, or one of his students.

It'd be interesting to see what happens.

On a side note, they have a 'Little Dragons' program, and we all know that whatever dojo has that is a total McDojo. They also count to 10 in Japanese. And it seems like they have 'kid senseis'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 4:42am

Style: GJJ - that's all I need

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm already in Utah, getting my ass home to some serious BJJ training with my boy Glover, thinking I might hit Cobra Kai too although Marc Laimon seems to despise me and any other Gracie family student. LV Combat Club is pretty badass although Sergio Pena seems to hate any Gracie except Rolls lol... sometimes I feel like I'm in an old timey KF movie as a Gracie student, it follows you around wherever you go.

If I need any credentials here, I'm the guy that brought Anthony to Gracie Academy and got him away from TMA. I really wish someone would look this Brock guy up. I'm 41 and out of shape right now because I've just spent 6 months rehabbing a broken nose. I'd like to see a brown belt or even a good blue belt mosey in there and just tear **** up.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 6:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dig420
    Marc Laimon seems to despise me and any other Gracie family student. LV Combat Club is pretty badass although Sergio Pena seems to hate any Gracie except Rolls
    what's up with that? i mean i know about laimon's gracie bashing, but i think that it's kinda messed up that he and pena would also transfer their "hate" on the gracie STUDENTS. especially since they were direct gracie students at one point in their bjj journeys.

but then again, i'm a machado student, and i've "heard" of certain "stories" about gracie students stopping by at an undisclosed machado school for open mat, and they became "fresh meat" with targets on their asses as soon as the machado students saw their gis with the gracie patches.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 7:05am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the thread title was correct, it is indeed worse then Coda Scott...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 7:26am

Style: musabetsu kakuto & booj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i don't know if can qualify this as WORSE than coda... at least this guy has a "legit" school and is not using student loans to fund his "school"... however, i would definately love to see how this turns out... definately have to get recording of the match :)

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 7:44am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An invite has been sent to Brock to join our discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by me, motherfuckers
    Hi, Brock. A thread has been started about your school and the recent local article written about you and your accomplishments. Please take a moment to register and join us in the discussion at http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58909 .

Yours,
    Locu5

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 8:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is going to be really interesting.
    For those who only glared at his website: its worth the while to check the photo section out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 8:00am

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshido or not...this stuff was bound to happen...pick up a popular growing sport, add rising popularity of mma and mma programing and you get the new "ninja fade", with two differences...most bjj guy try to fight( and several can) and you usually don't get far by doing bullshido, in the sense that, if you compete, are not well known as a teacher/practicioner or don't have a confirmed lineage, things will blow in your face eventually!

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 8:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.brockdo.com/contact.htm
    Helpful hints and terms:

Brock: meaning fights like a badger.

Do: term meaning the way to enlightenment, self realization, and understanding.

Ju: taking advantage of an opponents method and forcing a defeat for his or her purposes.

Jujitsu: the gentle art of self defense.

Sensei: highest instructor that is instructing the class. Usually, an instructor that has completed a Yen course.

Belt: back in history, the belts were colorless and never washed. They then became soiled. Through the years the highest belt was usually the darkest. As history progressed they used colors to describe rank then ending with black as the highest.

Chi: an energy that is generated by the respiratory system. Martial artists use this energy to drive through an opponent.

Ki: a persons' center of balance that they use when moving in any direction.

Sen: a defensive decision, or thought in life or combat.

Go-no-sen: acting on a defensive decision, or thought that can be made in life or combat.

Sen-no-sen: making the defensive decision and acting on that decision before the act itself ever happened.
    Careful guys, they have chi and ki.
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 8/18/2007 8:23am at . Reason: Because I had an attack of the retards.
Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast