T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 12:20am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Combat Sports International: Thai Style Training Gloves

I've had these gloves for about 10 months now (16oz model). On average I use them 3-4 times a week in class. They have held up extremely well, and I'm not even contemplating another pair of gloves yet. The padding still feels pretty much like it did the day I got them.

One of the nice things about these gloves is the thick velcro wraps. This makes them extremely easy to put on without assistance, even with your hands wrapped. Once you have them on, they feel very comfortable and fit well.

I'd recommend these to anyone in need of training gloves for serious training. There are definitly less expensive gloves out there but these feel so good, and hold up so well that I think it's well worth the price.

edit: added material/production quality and protection ratings. These are extremely well made gloves (hence the 10 rating in material/production quality). I think they're also very protective, but i do get the occasional mild velcro burn. So that's the reason for the 8 in protection.
    Last edited by Wolf; 11/19/2007 3:59pm at .

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 11:49am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i agree these are great gloves.

as sparring gloves they have the same flaw as all velcro gloves, in that you can tear up your partner's neck in the clinch.

for that reason alone, i prefer the american style safety gloves, because they have an elastic sleeve that covers the velcro. however many people find those gloves annoying to put on and take off. they work fine for me, but i have small hands and can slide them right on and off.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 7:01pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's only ever really been a problem of mine once. The nice thing is the harsh side of the velcro goes down. So if your partner is conscientious, all they need to do is make sure the strap is on straight, and it's not as big a deal.