Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/17/2007 3:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

how to step back 45 degrees

how do you step back 45 degrees in an orthodox stance to the left?

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    8/17/2007 4:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, get out your protractor ....
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/17/2007 4:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the hell kind of question is this??
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    8/17/2007 4:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula
    What the hell kind of question is this??

It's a "HOW DO STEP BACK 2 LEFT?"

Answer: Ask your teacher.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/17/2007 5:10pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    whats wrong with the question?

poser

Posted On:
    8/17/2007 5:31pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danny81
    how do you step back 45 degrees in an orthodox stance to the left?
    With your feet.

Assuming "orthodox stance" means a regular boxing stance, basically all you need to do is, y'know, step 45 degrees to the left, which is basically just swiveling on one foot.

Are you a bipedal organism? And if so, are you ambulatory? I'm just curious, because you seem to have a piss-poor knowledge of how such organisms move.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    8/17/2007 6:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You mean a side-step?

Step out to the side with your right foot first, then move your left foot to resume your normal boxing stance. As if by magic you will now be to the right of your original position, and will have turned approximately 45 degrees (give or take). Your opponent will have whistled past your front, punching futiliy at thin air, while you have a nice clear shot of his unprotected flank... in theory.

Some people step with their left first, but I feel too off balance doing that.

Edit: To the left.. apparently I can't read. There's still time to remove this and save myself embaressment, but I won't.

Actually, I'd like to know too, because I've no clue how to side step to the left properly from an orthodox stance (feels very awkward).
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 8/17/2007 6:30pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2007 6:27pm

Style: Krav Maga (4), BJJ white

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwoww
    Are you a bipedal organism? And if so, are you ambulatory? I'm just curious, because you seem to have a piss-poor knowledge of how such organisms move.
    I have six arms and a centipede body. Your response (and attempts at throws) amuses me, human.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 9:18am

Style: FMA & judo-ultra noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From my Arnis Article: Arnis Article

Practicing the 45 degree angles takes a bit more ingenuity. Thankfully, the Philippine people are fantastic for breaking down complicated tasks into more simplistic ones. So again, we find ourselves at a simple training drill to learn complex footwork. Here is what you will do:

Place your two sticks on the ground in front of you in a 90 degree V with the point aiming towards your position.
    Stand a bit beyond that point.
    Imagine an attack coming in at the crux of the V and step forward and out on either side to evade the attack while repositioning to a better angle of attack.
    Ensure that no part of your body crosses the plane created by the apex of the V. This way you can be sure you are clear of the attack.

*** insert pictures***
    Insert diagram showing direction faced based on position to attacker.

*i cut out the diatribe about sparring that's in this spot*

The drill for training backwards off-angle movement is to setup the V and merely move backwards. Your goal when moving is to wait until the last possible instant to move. You will understand this far greater when we begin Palis-Palis (which does require a partner) or even more so when sparring. The longer you wait, the more they have to commit to actually landing the strike. Objectively you want to wait until the last possible moment to ensure they are fully committed. This in turn makes it far easier to setup an effective counter. If you move too early, you can actually make yourself more of a target. Train yourself to push beyond your limits and get a better feel for the true ‘last possible second’ instead of what your fear tells you is the ‘last possible second’.
    I never got around to snapping pics and putting them in, I guess I should do that eventually, lol. Maybe when I stop working 60+ hrs a week :-/

Other more generic rules of footwork are covered earlier in the document like not crossing your feet, not cheating the movement, and not dragging your feet. You should probably know that stuff already.

poser

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 9:32am

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlienGunfighter
    I have six arms and a centipede body. Your response (and attempts at throws) amuses me, human.
    I wasn't talking to you, now, was I?

Go back to your asteroid.

But in the way of serious responses, saturnjunkie and lu tze sort of answered the question.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast