Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 4:14pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No edit function? Anway, triple post: One of my old instructors was Vincent Hirsch from that movie Miami Connection.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2009 6:47pm

Style: Northern Shaolin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The kid in the commercial opened his arms and the bullies went flying away! Maybe some kind of Jedi training? Mr. Kim extoled us to "break bad habits!", then as ChinkofSteel mentions: "call me now!" I was next door at East Coast Martial one day, and saw a whole family (Mom, Dad, Sis and Bro) of Brown belts walking into the school - in gi, but no shoes - and followed them in. Jhoon Rhee was there, so I said "hello" and shook his hand. Then I left before they charged me the 20 bucks.

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 11:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD, Ju Jitzu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    READ THIS!!
    Okay, I'd like to clarify this situation before it gets out of hand. :)
    I am a student at Martial Arts World. It has helped me immensely.
    I am 17, & very small for my age (& I can now kick a 6"4 man or woman in the head without even blinking now) I'm a white belt.... So, for you to say those things upsets me. Especially since you haven't even went to his classes or one of his many Do jangs... You said your instructors wife said that the instructor lined up the woman and got in their face and asked them if they loved their master? Well, you basically took the word of someone else and wrote it on the internet. That's immature. I'd love to tell you that Y. K. Kim has probably read this and he (Who is much more mature than you obviously-He didn't reply.) probably chuckled---In his broken english that is--- Oh, and by the way I'm no english teacher, but I believe you messed up on a few words in your few Demeaning paragraphs (so?? Were you typing in broken english?) Haha Yupp. Okay, and have you not ever heard that english is one of the hardest languages to learn?? How many languages do you speak? English is his SECOND LANGUAGE!! I don't think it's very fair of you to judge him. I think he's done well with his life. How many books have you written? How many commercials have you been in? You don't know how hard it must have been for him coming here. Okay, and people say their are no "failing" Belt tests? That's because if the instructors feel sure enough to give you a tip then they are Confident in their decision with advancing you to the next level. You don't get a tip unless you've done well enough (in the instructors eyes) On the things you must learn to excell. Not only that, but it's a FAMILY do jang. So, it's not just supposed to teach you how to Kick butt!! It's supposed to teach you morals and values as well as how to never give up and to not use your Martial arts in a negitive way. I think you should apoligize on the internet to Y. K. Kim. That would be the nice and morally right thing to do. And if you are all truly that advanced in Martial arts you shouldn't talk bad about Masters that are higher belt levels than you. It shows disrespect, not only to that person but to yourself by lowering your attitude. Not cool :) Just think about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 11:30pm

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinJade26 View Post
    READ THIS!!
    Okay, I'd like to clarify this situation before it gets out of hand. :)
    I am 17, & very small for my age (& I can now kick a 6"4 man or woman in the head without even blinking now) I'm a white belt.... So, for you to say those things upsets me. Especially since you haven't even went to his classes or one of his many Do jangs... You said your instructors wife said that the instructor lined up the woman and got in their face and asked them if they loved their master? Well, you basically took the word of someone else and wrote it on the internet. That's immature. I'd love to tell you that Y. K. Kim has probably read this and he (Who is much more mature than you obviously-He didn't reply.) probably chuckled---In his broken english that is--- Oh, and by the way I'm no english teacher, but I believe you messed up on a few words in your few Demeaning paragraphs (so?? Were you typing in broken english?) Haha Yupp. Okay, and have you not ever heard that english is one of the hardest languages to learn?? How many languages do you speak? English is his SECOND LANGUAGE!! I don't think it's very fair of you to judge him. I think he's done well with his life. How many books have you written? How many commercials have you been in? You don't know how hard it must have been for him coming here. Okay, and people say their are no "failing" Belt tests? That's because if the instructors feel sure enough to give you a tip then they are Confident in their decision with advancing you to the next level. You don't get a tip unless you've done well enough (in the instructors eyes) On the things you must learn to excell. Not only that, but it's a FAMILY do jang. So, it's not just supposed to teach you how to Kick butt!! It's supposed to teach you morals and values as well as how to never give up and to not use your Martial arts in a negitive way. I think you should apoligize on the internet to Y. K. Kim. That would be the nice and morally right thing to do. And if you are all truly that advanced in Martial arts you shouldn't talk bad about Masters that are higher belt levels than you. It shows disrespect, not only to that person but to yourself by lowering your attitude. Not cool :) Just think about it.
    I'm not even going to pretend to read this until you have the decency to break it up into paragraphs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2010 12:28am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    READ THIS!!
    Okay, and people say their are no "failing" Belt tests? That's because if the instructors feel sure enough to give you a tip then they are Confident in their decision with advancing you to the next level.

First of all, this thread died three years ago (not counting the necro from almost a year ago). If it offended you so much, why did you bring it back to everyone's attention?

Second off, I'm not even going to begin to touch on the gigantic red flag that this presents.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    2/14/2014 6:41pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another necro.
    I met a person that goes there. May or may not get to know her a bit better, but I'll report in what I hear. She invited me to go but I have no interest in checking out what everyone in my locale knows as a McDojo.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Yours truly

Posted On:
    2/14/2014 11:27pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Basically, I want to find out if it has cult-like tendencies.

I'm deathly curious. Almost to the point that I want to check it out.

Apparently YK Kim or one of his guys called the cops on my current instructor, Mike Bell when he showed up.

I will ask M. Bell directly someday and get more of a scoop.
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Posted On:
    2/15/2014 3:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    Another necro.
    I met a person that goes there. May or may not get to know her a bit better, but I'll report in what I hear. She invited me to go but I have no interest in checking out what everyone in my locale knows as a McDojo.
    Like we need yet another reason to avoid online dating...

Yours truly

Posted On:
    2/15/2014 5:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Online dating is fun as **** (pun intended) but it was not an online meet.
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Posted On:
    2/16/2014 3:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    READ THIS!!
    No.

Okay, I'd like to clarify this situation before it gets out of hand.
    'Cause your efforts--rather than this being a long-dead horse--will keep it all from going totally bonkers. What would the world do without you?

True. It's really, really hard to find places that will immensely help you by relieving you of burdens such as too much disposable coin.
    I am 17, & very small for my age...
    Chronological age, or mental? (Never mind--I just skimmed the rest of your post.)

(& I can now kick a 6"4 man or woman in the head without even blinking now)
    But if (s)he doesn't even blink, what good is the so-called kick?

I'm a white belt....
    Who would have guessed?

So, for you to say those things upsets me. Especially since you haven't even went to his classes or one of his many Do jangs.
    If we do go to one or more of these many dojangsies, do you promise to entertain us by getting all upset--or is that just an empty promise?

You said your instructors wife said that the instructor lined up the woman and got in their face and asked them if they loved their master?
    Not that you need to take any courses in clear communication or anything...

Well, you basically took the word of someone else and wrote it on the internet. That's immature.
    As opposed to this post, in which exactly the same thing seems to be occurring? How very mature of you.

I'd love to tell you that Y. K. Kim has probably read this and he (Who is much more mature than you obviously-He didn't reply.) probably chuckled---In his broken english that is
    I'm curious. How does one go about "chuckling in broken English"? Have you a twelve-step course for this remarkable skill?

Oh, and by the way I'm no english teacher,
    But...but...everything you've typed so far is stylistically immaculate!

but I believe you messed up on a few words in your few Demeaning paragraphs (so?? Were you typing in broken english?)
    Is that the second part of your twelve-step course, after "broken-English chuckling"? You are indeed a master of broken-English typing, perhaps even 10th Dan. Go on...award yourself.

Haha Yupp. Okay, and have you not ever heard that english is one of the hardest languages to learn??
    I've heard it, but simply do not believe it.

How many languages do you speak?
    Four. Why?

English is his SECOND LANGUAGE!!
    As it is mine. What's your excuse?

I don't think it's very fair of you to judge him.
    With geniuses like you defending him, you can rest assured that he is now completely above any beyond the judgement of any mere mortals.

I think he's done well with his life.
    Oh please, begin more sentences with "I think". Thanks in advance.

How many books have you written?
    Only Mein Kampf. Why?

How many commercials have you been in?
    Wait--he's been in...commercials??!!?!? Cancel any wayward thing I may have written up to this point.

You don't know how hard it must have been for him coming here.
    And you do?

Okay, and people say their are no "failing" Belt tests? That's because if the instructors feel sure enough to give you a tip then they are Confident in their decision with advancing you to the next level. You don't get a tip unless you've done well enough (in the instructors eyes) On the things you must learn to excell.
    What isn't clear, genius, is who's giving whom the tip, and how much is involved.

Not only that, but it's a FAMILY do jang. So, it's not just supposed to teach you how to Kick butt!! It's supposed to teach you morals and values as well as how to never give up and to not use your Martial arts in a negitive way.
    You've been a shining example of positivity from word one of this post. Seems The Family has taught you well. As well, they've done marvels in teaching the moral value of stoicism. You've certainly not shown anything remotely resembling a thin skin thus far.

I think you should apoligize on the internet to Y. K. Kim.
    Another "I think". How do you manage all this deep and insightful thought?

That would be the nice and morally right thing to do.
    In my morally-relativistic universe, "nice" is the total opposite of "morally right". You should come visit some time. It'd be fun--maybe even for you (but don't count on it).

And if you are all truly that advanced in Martial arts you shouldn't talk bad about Masters that are higher belt levels than you.
    Nonsense. I can do old-man-pants better than anyone I know. Hell, kid, on some days, I can even hike that belt damned-near right up under my arms.

It shows disrespect, not only to that person but to yourself by lowering your attitude. Not cool :) Just think about it.
    If we think about it long enough, can we also write amazing phrases beginning with "I think"?

Please? Can we?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast