Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 4:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He would have fit into UFC 1. Too bad he couldn't get paired with Emmanuel Yarborough. Then we could really see the results of equal treatment.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 4:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy
    I concede to your obvious expertise.
    No, no, really, let's chase this. You think an able-bodied person who takes advantage of the specificity (read: universally-accepted pussification) of Georgian MMA rules by basing his entire game on pulling guard would NOT be considered a complete prick and a boring fighter?
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 4:29pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** it, i say if someone is willing to fight him let him fight. If there is a person out there willing to deal with the modified rules then so be it. He's a good wrestler and HAS submitted people in competition (check the other thread for video proof). All I'm saying is he's healthy and able. So, why should the GAEC get in the way if he wants a fight, and they're able to line up a fighter willing to fight him?

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 4:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, this reminds me of the Special Olympics for some reason. I can't imagine why.

Is Dana White gonna start the Special UFC to accomodate these guys?

I know, he can make a movie where because of new feel good government regulations he gets to go to Marine Corps boot camp. I can only imagine the title.

Not to be an ass, but I agree with Chizildz: Some Things Aren't Meant To Be.
    Like the expectation that most of us have to be born with all our parts.

"I'm not out to prove I can defend myself," Maynard said. "I'm out to prove I can keep someone else from defending himself."

HOW THE HELL CAN HE PREVENT A FULLY FORMED PERSON FROM "DEFENDING HIMSELF"???

Can someone answer that for me? Apart from severely limiting rules, that is...

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 4:33pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyd
    No, no, really, let's chase this. You think an able-bodied person who takes advantage of the specificity (read: universally-accepted pussification) of Georgian MMA rules by basing his entire game on pulling guard would NOT be considered a complete prick and a boring fighter?
    I think he would be a fucking moron to give up the obvious advantages of mobility for protection from strikes in a fight that already prohibits so much striking. More to the point, kicks to head, elbows, knees, etc are already forbidden standing or on the ground. Unless you are built like a gorilla, how exactly are you planning to hit him with your straight punches anyhow?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 4:45pm

Style: crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can see both sides of the argument about whether or not to allow him to compete in MMA, but to those of you who are launching into long winded rants about how much of a **** ass kyle maynard is, when I guarantee you've never even so much as had a conversation with the guy, or just taking the opportunity to do nothing but make shameless handicapped jokes that aren't even remotely funny, you are fucking pathetic.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 5:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 5:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 5:20pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    **** it, i say if someone is willing to fight him let him fight. If there is a person out there willing to deal with the modified rules then so be it. He's a good wrestler and HAS submitted people in competition (check the other thread for video proof). All I'm saying is he's healthy and able. So, why should the GAEC get in the way if he wants a fight, and they're able to line up a fighter willing to fight him?
    Perhaps so, but how can he punch back against someone that can punch him, however limited the rules may be?

Also, one can argue that Maynard has a disavantage for not having limbs, but he certainly does have a huge grappling advantage in not having them. I just saw his youtube clip, and it was his lack of limbs that made far more difficult for his opponent to triangle/mount him or for defending against Maynard passing guard. This is not to take away from Maynard, but just to give some perspective.

Now the question is, how can he punch back? So is it going to be Maynard doing grappling/wrestling against a MMAer with his striking reduced? Keep this in mind, his grappling opponents are not limited by a modified ruleset in what they can do to him. In MMA (or modified MMA or whatever we wanna call it) they would. We may as well stop pretending it's MMA and drop back into grappling/wrestling.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 5:22pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And if he could throw punches would they be legal under GA amateur rules? Technically, they would be elbows.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast