218358 Bullies, 7793 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Carl Cestari reported dead.

I just received an e-mail from one of Cestari's instructors, indicating that Carl had recently died. He had been battling health complications caused by his diabetes for some time. For those of you unfamilar with Mr. Cestari's work, he was perhaps the most famous American RSBD teacher. He taught an interpretation of WWII combatives as taught by Charles Nelson and modified with the Karate and Judo he previously studied. Cestari is survived by a wife and a number of instructors including Clint Sporman. I anticipate that Damian Ross of "Top Secret Training" fame will also now claim to be Cestari's "top" student.

RIP Carl

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 6:30am

Style: Combatives Pankration BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Carl Cestari RIP

Much as we made fun of some of the videos he produced (old videos, poor quality film, owned by Lt.X now (grrr)) and as much as his students (the NJ Wolf Pack) annoyed the hell out of me (not seeing that there were other legit trainers out there).

Carl Cestari has passed on at 48. He was one of the few realistic Combatives/RBSD trainers out there.

All I have to say is Bummer! I'dve liked to train with HIM (not the students but HIM).

One less voice against Lt X now

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 7:50am

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WHAT! What the hell happened?

Dammit, there goes getting a road trip to Jersey going...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 9:35am

Style: Combatives Pankration BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT Fitts
    WHAT! What the hell happened?

Dammit, there goes getting a road trip to Jersey going...
    It occured yesterday

Cancer and other fun stuff apparently, his Wolf Pack are still around (mind you their attitude is lacking some times as they act like snobs, I'll hold off on commenting further till the morning period for them is over).

Slan

Dr Gar Gar

Here is the notice:

Carl P. Cestari
    CESTARI Carl P. Cestari Martial arts instructor and practitioner, 48 Carl P. Cestari, 48, of Garwood entered into eternal rest on Monday, July 23, 2007, at his home. Relatives and friends are kindly invited to attend the funeral from the Walter J. Johnson Funeral Home, 803 Raritan Rd., Clark, on Thursday, July 26, at 9 a.m., thence to St. Helen R.C. Church, Westfield, where a Funeral Mass will be offered at 10 a.m. Entombment will follow in St. Gertrudes Cemetery, Colonia. Visiting hours will be on Wednesday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Born in Coventry, England, Mr. Cestari was a resident of Westfield and Roselle Park before moving to Garwood 13 years ago. He was a highly recognized instructor and practitioner of martial arts and a founder of the Tekkenryu JuJutsu System. Mr. Cestari was also a first degree Black Belt in Judo, a third degree Black Belt in Karate and Kenpo, and a fifth degree Black Belt in JuJutsu. He was the beloved husband for 13 years of Mrs. Carol (Wrege) Cestari, and survived by several nieces and nephews. In lieu of flowers, please make a donation in his name to Atlantic Hospice, 33 Bleeker St., No. 103, Millburn, N.J. 07041, (973) 379-8440.
    Published in the Star-Ledger on 7/24/2007.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 9:44am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last three posts are a thread that was merged with this one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 10:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sad to hear that. I quite liked the WWII vintage manuals that were on his website.

May Mr. Cestari Rest In Peace.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 6:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    May he submitting and neutralising the angels in paradise.

rip.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    7/27/2007 8:45am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm probably the only guy on this board who has done any training with Carl Cestari. My time with him was limited, two weekend long seminars in 2002 and 2003. What I learned in those seminars cemented my opinion that Carl was the real thing, both on and off the mat.
    Researcher, scholar and hardcore martial artist with 40 years of training in multiple disciplines, with his passing, we have not just lost a link to our shared martial arts history, we have lost a chain. RIP, see you in Valhalla.

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 9:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: S.T.R.E.E.T. Combat Defen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You were right

YES Mr. Ross has claimed to be the #1reality based self defense Instructor in the World. WHAT AN AZZHOLE. Even Bruce Lee never name the claim to be the best in the world. He did what ever self respecting man that wants that title. Hev let OTHERS make the claim. When Black Belt name him one of the most dangerous men in the world did he have them to do it NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The knew he was worthy of the Title.I am even a member of IACCP./ Every thing that he has is BORING AS HELL where as Carl's dvds may be of poor quality he make you wanna get up and try it. The last I felt that was when I heard Bruce Lee speak. Be it in an Interview or the movies he would make you feel what he was gonna do. The worst thing of it all Damian Ross did not even give him the proper write up. Go to fighting times and see what Tank Todd did. Damian's money grubbing azz was and is such a snobb I think the IACCP will fall without its MASTERLINK

poser

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 10:29pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVILGUY
    YES Mr. Ross has claimed to be the #1reality based self defense Instructor in the World. WHAT AN AZZHOLE. Even Bruce Lee never name the claim to be the best in the world. He did what ever self respecting man that wants that title. Hev let OTHERS make the claim. When Black Belt name him one of the most dangerous men in the world did he have them to do it NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The knew he was worthy of the Title.I am even a member of IACCP./ Every thing that he has is BORING AS HELL where as Carl's dvds may be of poor quality he make you wanna get up and try it. The last I felt that was when I heard Bruce Lee speak. Be it in an Interview or the movies he would make you feel what he was gonna do. The worst thing of it all Damian Ross did not even give him the proper write up. Go to fighting times and see what Tank Todd did. Damian's money grubbing azz was and is such a snobb I think the IACCP will fall without its MASTERLINK
    get the **** out of this thread.

RIP Carl.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast