Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 3:25am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for the delayed response.

Quote Originally Posted by elipson
    I've tried several supplements, none seem to work. Arthritis meds don't work at all (glucosamine, Chondroitin), but anti-inflammatories work when they are sore.
    Glucosamine is only thought to be effective for osteoarthritis. That is the most common type of arthritis, but just making sure you're not treating something that it isn't going to help.

How long were you taking it? I'm told that it takes at least 2 months of continuous use before it will be effective. My personal experience is that it took a bit longer (3 months or so) before I noticed real improvement. That could be because of the dose that I was taking initially though. Also, some suppliers report their dosages differently. Usually what you buy is glucosamine sulfate (or sometims glucosamine chloride), which are salts of glucosamine, not the free base. Some suppliers report the total weight including the sulfate (or chloride), not just the weight of the glucosamine. Only the glucosamine portion is effective, so you might have to step up the amount a bit. These days I take twice the recommended 1.5 grams per day, just because my knees are pretty crunchy. They feel pretty good now, and I have been taking the stuff for about 9 months.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    10/01/2007 9:06pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MY knees are a lot better these days. They only get sore during long car rides where they can't straighten out for hours on end. I've heard the stuff works great for arthritis type stuff, but no one ive talked to suggests it for this condition (except ppl selling it of course).
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234