Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2007 6:58pm

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True, but they might not want to use it because one of the Yudansha partners is a Kodokan Judo club, and as Tom already noted, "Yudanshakai" is used for local/state chapters of Judo feds.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    8/16/2007 7:29pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroth
    True, but they might not want to use it because..//..
    Well that just sums up the lack of those people's understanding of the Japanese language.

yudanshakai - a group of dan grade holders. Sounds daft for an organisation's name but, as a term used to refer to people who are part of a group, and they are dan grade holders, then yudanshakai is quite apt.

Example : Eikoku yudanshakai - English/British group of dan grade holders
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2007 7:38pm

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I meant that since Yudanshakai is already used in conjunction with the fed/org of one of it's partners, it might sound like they were trying to fluff their system up by tying it to an established name, aka "name dropping". Like ninja do with "Togakure" and "Koga"..............

I will now hit myself for mentioning ninja. It was out of my fingertips before I could stop myself.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    8/16/2007 7:46pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I meant that since Yudanshakai is already used in conjunction with the fed/org of one of it's partners, it might sound like they were trying to fluff their system up by tying it to an established name, aka "name dropping". Like ninja do with "Togakure" and "Koga"..............

I will now hit myself for mentioning ninja. It was out of my fingertips before I could stop myself.
    see..
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus
    Well that just sums up the lack of those people's understanding of the Japanese language.

~Ella Wheeler

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    8/16/2007 8:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True, but they might not want to use it because one of the Yudansha partners is a Kodokan Judo club, and as Tom already noted, "Yudanshakai" is used for local/state chapters of Judo feds.

Other organizations which are not tied to Judo also use the term. That, along with what Sparty boy is saying, tells me Yudanshakai is generic.

I understand exactly what is meant by answer to my question. For instance, suppose I replied to Sparty boy's very succinct answer: "Thank you very largely." You'd get the jist of what I meant to express, but you'd also be similarly amused as a bilingual Japanese speaker would be when they hear/read "Yudansha Fighting Association" or "Judo-do".
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    8/17/2007 1:38pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    Other organizations which are not tied to Judo also use the term. That, along with what Sparty boy is saying, tells me Yudanshakai is generic.

I understand exactly what is meant by answer to my question. For instance, suppose I replied to Sparty boy's very succinct answer: "Thank you very largely." You'd get the jist of what I meant to express, but you'd also be similarly amused as a bilingual Japanese speaker would be when they hear/read "Yudansha Fighting Association" or "Judo-do".
    Or BUDO-DO. I've seen that as well. - Check this **** out !! http://www.bushinkenpokai.moonfruit....ill/4515417829

And just to confirm.. Yudansha and Yudanshakai are generic words and not organisational names
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 8/17/2007 1:42pm at .

~Ella Wheeler
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12