Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    5/29/2010 3:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by perdido88 View Post
    I know he studied Silat under Eddie Jaffre, Victor de Thouars, and Herman Suwanda.. there are others, but I cant remember who they are. Im not sure if he studied under John DeVries...
    John DeVries died 40yrs ago, so I think he's out of the running. & be careful, I wouldn't bet the farm on the de Thouars' version of history. The only one in the US you might be able to trust is Willem.
    Last edited by Jim_Jude; 5/29/2010 3:41am at .
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2014 5:46pm

Style: Pekiti Tirsia Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    How come nobody added Paul Vunak to the list?
    I know this thread is ancient, so I apologize. I did however want to address this question. Vunak was one of Guro Dan's early students, not the other way around.

As to the others who have stated how amazing Guro Dan is, I concur. I have had the good fortune to attend some seminars with him and I am consistently blown away by his ability, and his dedication. He has so much to show and teach that his seminars end up like trying to take a drink from a fire hose.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123