Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 4:21pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Benefits of Goji and Açai

I'm curious about what potential health benefits goji and açai berries have. I'm looking to lose weight (already own PN and am following that) and I wondering about the utility in consuming either of those berries. I've not been able to find a decent source about what they do.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 4:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was a show on BBC tv about health foods etc, gojis were mentioned as a source of vit C, but that was about it, as far as I can remember.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/theoneshow/arti...perfoods.shtml
    There's the link... read the words, watch the video...

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 11:23am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's just food.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 12:50pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They probably are good for you, but not a miracle. Usually they are used to promote some overpriced healthfood scam.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 11:52am

Style: PTK / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Goji & Acai

I eat / drink both of them regularly, and so far as I can tell, their greatest benefit is that they taste good. Acai is popular in mixed drinks in NYC, so I see it all over the pace (acai-tinis) Would agree with PirateJon and meataxe on this one- it's just food.

That being said, if you eat lots of fruits and veggies, you'll probably be in better health than if you scarf down McD's all day.

poser

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 12:40pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dried goji berries are loaded with Vitamins A and C, are relatively high in protein, and taste like ambrosia. They also happen to be really expensive because of where/how they're grown and because health-food nuts tend to have deep pockets. Açai I'm not sure about.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 2:08pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwoww
    Dried goji berries are loaded with Vitamins A and C, are relatively high in protein, and taste like ambrosia. They also happen to be really expensive because of where/how they're grown and because health-food nuts tend to have deep pockets. Açai I'm not sure about.
    So called "goji" berries are actually quite cheap. Any Chinese grocer or herbalist has them. They are a staple in soups and such.

The don't actually grow in Tibet as some claim due to the altitude. They do however grow on the high-plateau in Xinjiang province (also in Western China). The berries from Xinjiang are considered to be good quality and have high vitamin content.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire