223879 Bullies, 3511 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 277
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Scrapper is offline
    Scrapper's Avatar

    Fear and bullets.

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dayville, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    4,286

    Posted On:
    8/13/2007 5:43pm

    staff
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vampire fetish:
    http://vampirerave.com/profiles2.php?profile=Scybermonk

    Weird sword crap:

    Sempai Kuma and Sensei Tatsu, goofing off.

    Who endorses you?

    What are your qualifications?

    Who have you trained under?

    What is your fight/co,mptetion record?

    Enough silliness.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

    --Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.
  2. Hanniballistic is online now
    Hanniballistic's Avatar

    By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Qo'noS
    Posts
    2,166

    Posted On:
    8/13/2007 5:47pm


     Style: JKD & Mok'bara

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw the basics videos on your site - they are diabolically bad.

    The punching in particular was shite of the highest order and the less said about the "water techniques" the better.

    Were it not for your responses I would rate you along "Real Ultimate Power"....the fact you are serious rates you slightly lower
  3. djrand is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22

    Posted On:
    8/13/2007 5:48pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: judo, bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DJ RAND: Wheres the link to those posts you made? And...because you think my stance doesn't let me sprawl, it's inferior? Huh? Where do you pull that one from? And as I stated before...I will be in Ohio hopefully sometime in October. I'll bring a camera.
    Yes, it is inferior because according to what you are saying, you are adapting your stance to each person you fight. The stance used in your sparring video has about no chance of defending a takedown, and your quoted comment leads me to believe that if you had been fighting a competent grappler you would have changed your stance to one more acceptable for takedown defense. However this is about the most asinine concept I've ever heard if I understand it correctly. How are you to know what an attacker is or is not versed in. This is why mma'ists adopt a stance and strategy that effectively allows them to deal with many different types of fighters.
  4. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,955

    Posted On:
    8/13/2007 6:02pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScyberMonk

    I neeeeevvvveeerrrrr said that being in shape wasn't relevent. Never not once. I wish I was more in shape, however, my ability to excercise regularly is limited to what I can do in the morning and evenings, excpet on thursday, my only day off, when I train most of the day.
    'm goofy when I fight. I have my hands low, and my weight looks off balance. Hell, I even have a spare tire. But you have to remember....for me, fighting isn't about your technique, it's getting the job done. Which I do.


    Quote Originally Posted by sybermonk
    And where do you get that I exaggerated my skills? Seems bit of a reach.
    Considering that I know Tatsu fairly well, I can actually explain his fighting. What you consider to be sloppy is simply because he knows he is fighting an opponent he has already gotten most of the measure of. He can take the riskier hits, as he knows the opponent isn';t going to be able to get aroound them. Nothing fancy is required. Therefore, the swinging his arms like clubs, while it doesn't look too terribly pretty, certaintly gets the job done. Also, I have known him to take several shots to the face, chest, legs, whathaveyou, and shrug them off. If you are certain enough that your opponent is going to do lasting damage, why bother with the 'correct' block? He's fought thai boxers. No one with any record, to be sure, but he didn't lose. Grapplers have tried to shoot in, and despite him looking slow...he goes as fast as he needs to, and it rarely ends well for the grappler. You seem to, again, forget that he is fighting incredibly green students.............................[paraphrased]
    I'm Tatsu. .*snicker*But rather than Scyber, call me Monk.
    ..
    But to be a bit less flip...I know I'm a skilled individual.
    But you have to remember....for me, fighting isn't about your technique, it's getting the job done. Which I do.
    And it does work for me. To put myself in a relevent box, I'm more of a proponent of Earth path. I'm a big, solid guy. So if you punch at me, alot of the times, I'm not going to bother blocking. If I feel you can't hurt me with a strike, then I am not going to waste time and effort better put into harming you, with blocking an attack that isn't gonna do squat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syber
    And I am not sure where yer pullin' off balance from, either. I'm perfectly balanced, well, as perfect as one can be, and solid in my stances, those I choose to take. I think what yer missin here is that I don't usually take a formal stance....because I choose not to. To me, in my combat, theres no need to drop into a nicely predicitable, familiar-for-the-enemy stance.
    I have my hands low, and my weight looks off balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by syber
    You choose to tell me your opinion, and that's perfectly fine, and I applaud you for it. As far as your opinion dimishing my teaching, well, that's another story...but then, that's just MY opinion, as well.
    SCRAPPER:
    1. Good set of fight experience..unfortunately, doesn't answer the whole 'qualifications to teach' bit.
    Your words...............................!!!!
  5. Virus is offline
    Virus's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,967

    Posted On:
    8/13/2007 6:06pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Big deal if they spar. They still have zero functional skills.
  6. Askari is offline

    The Bottom Brick

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,069

    Posted On:
    8/13/2007 6:38pm


     Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Videos are absolutely terrible demonstrations of crap.

    Sorry ScyberMonk, but you are not coming across as a very effective instructor.

    Can you come to Canada for your 'test'?
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"
  7. Hanniballistic is online now
    Hanniballistic's Avatar

    By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Qo'noS
    Posts
    2,166

    Posted On:
    8/13/2007 7:44pm


     Style: JKD & Mok'bara

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari

    Can you come to Canada for your 'test'?
    Calgary if possible!
  8. jtkarate is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    490

    Posted On:
    8/13/2007 8:08pm


     Style: karate,judo,JJ,Aikido,TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScyberMonk
    JTKARATE:
    Ahhh, the question of my past training. Been waitin' fer this one. I'ma tell you the very same thing I have told everyone else. Certificates can be faked, webmasters bribed, and belts purchased (which has been the subject of MANY a discussion here, as I recall.). If you wish to know what my fighting abilities are, then fight me now....as you cannot fight me in the past. What I have done has shaped what I am doing, and that's pretty much all the answer I'm willing to give. False pride is built on pedigree, and last I checked, I'm not a dog. I am not good purely because of who trained me, or what I trained in. I'm good because I'm good, period. You, just like everyone else thus far, have judged the school based on green student sparring. Try to avoid that.

    Most dojo will not put up video's of actual sparring that do not exhibit a high level of skill, so as to impress visitors to the site. I didn't make that site to impress people, I made it for my school...where we hold up our mistakes to the same lights as our success'.

    BTW, I am wellllllllllllllllll aware that the response I gave to the question of my training will lead to some severe hashing from the Bullshido crew. Go ahead and post it, but then, lets get back to the subject at hand.

    Well you must be highly ranked in side stepping the issue.

    There is no way in HELL that you can sit there and say that you are qualified to teach anyone else ANYTHING.

    Your so called sparring videos are just plain awful. Yet you say well this is only the low ranked people. SO WHAT ... I have seen yellow belts that could wipe the floor with most of these people based on skill alone.

    What I am apalled at is the fact that you have the nerve to sit there and say that you are trying to help people and the MA world in general with this crap.

    This is no different than someone who sits and watches every ninja movie out there and then says you know what I am a ninja today and I think I'll open a school.

    And for another thing I have never heard anyone in my life pronounce the number 1 as itchy and the number 2 as nitchy.
  9. jtkarate is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    490

    Posted On:
    8/13/2007 8:10pm


     Style: karate,judo,JJ,Aikido,TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    Vampire fetish:
    http://vampirerave.com/profiles2.php?profile=Scybermonk

    Weird sword crap:

    Sempai Kuma and Sensei Tatsu, goofing off.

    Who endorses you?

    What are your qualifications?

    Who have you trained under?

    What is your fight/co,mptetion record?

    Enough silliness.
    Sorry scrapper all of his instructors are gone...they were sucked up by the void.
  10. Askari is offline

    The Bottom Brick

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,069

    Posted On:
    8/13/2007 8:11pm


     Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic
    Calgary if possible!
    I just looked it up and his flight time would be around 17 to 22 hours, so he could do Calgary on a weekend.

    The rest of us would then have to come to Calgary as well. Man, its a hard life when one has to go to Calgary.

    All right ScyberMonk, you have yourself a group that is willing to help you out with your process of mental and spiritual development.

    Come on down.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.