Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 10:23am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    Sir for that I owe you a pint :happy:
    Thank ye kindly! If you're ever in the Seattle area, let me know... :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 1:42pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, so I finally got around to reading this whole thread and while I'm looking forward to a video of Deadmeat's match I just can't get over how disgusting and morally reprehensible those "Firsty" videos are. I get angry just watching them and I honestly can't believe someone can dance around like an idiot/asshole and bully women half his size and consider it a lesson or training in anything. ScyberMonk, you are incredibly lucky you have never seriously injured anyone by swinging them around haphazardly without even training them to fall first (or yourself to throw properly), and it's pretty easy to infer that you have no insurance of formal business practices regarding training in place from reading your (non) responses to people's questions about them. Basically, you're an irresponsible douchebag and I hope the majority of people who come to check out your "school" realize that you have no business teaching any form of martial arts or self defense to anyone.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2007 11:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WMA, Suio Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i am a noob to this forum, mostly reading and not posting, but I have to comment on the "weapons match" I saw on this guy's website. I won't comment on the unarmed stuff, but I was seriously disturbed to watch a man throw a little girl half his size around in a totally unsafe manner. Enough said about that.

As far as the "weapons" sparring, I saw two guys with shinai and no protection swinging them around. Or at least one guy bullying the other guy who clearly had no experience by whacking him on the arms. Seriously, shinai are not boffers or harmless toys. Somebody is going to get hurt. Badly. Please wear at least a fencing mask, even the Dog Brothers wear 3 weapon masks. Somebody is going to lose an eye or break their jaw, or crack their skull, and then it won't be much fun anymore. I train with weapons and weapon simulators on a regular basis and I won't even train with hard rubber knives without a fencing mask. I like the use of my eyes.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/22/2007 12:12pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is arranging a meet so we are letting the thread lie until the video.

Scybermonk:
    What styles have you studied?
    Who where you teachers?

I realized you explained much of your philosophy and intent yet, you never answered these two questions.

Please do after your little spar.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2007 8:47pm

Style: karate,judo,JJ,Aikido,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake

Scybermonk:
    What styles have you studied?
    Who where you teachers?

Good luck getting answers on that. Been asking since the start of this thread.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/22/2007 9:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I've been here since the beginning remember?

Just putting it back out since his subterfuge sent people into a million different directions.

We all pretty much agree that the firsty, after class, and weapon spars are bullshido.
    We all pretty much agree that the philosophy is a mish mash of various disciplines.

Those are the two big questions that remained unanswered.
    Should be were but oh well.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    8/22/2007 10:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Edit: Okay read as far as I need to. I'll wait patiently for Deadmeat to report.
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 8/22/2007 10:38pm at .

Posted On:
    8/22/2007 11:11pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Incidentally, this thread I started: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59120 outlines an amateur MMA event in this region looking for fighters.

I'd be happy to arrange for Monk to enter a sanctioned MMA event, regardless of whatever happens at our meet up. I recall someone stating that it would be a good way for him to establish credibility.

I'm considered to be quite a placid guy, so I may not be a "true test" of his abilities. In other words when we spar, we've already established that it's a to be in a respectful, controlled way - no intention of causing harm to each other. If, after our meeting is done, he intends to continue pursuing the "way of the void" as his chosen martial art, I can arrange for him to fight a gung fu stylist, a kick-boxer, a wrestler, whatever he wants, in a sanctioned event run by a reputable promoter. It's a rare opportunity.

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 3:02am

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, I don't think it's fair to try to get him to go to an amateur MMA event.

It's not cause I'm being nice, but because 99% of karate, kung fu, taekwondo, choi kwang do, tai chi, etc. instructors would fail horribly at any kind of MMA event.

BTW, it's Thursday morning here in Poland, but isn't it 6 in Australia right now, as I'm writing this?

The vid might be up in an hour or two.

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 5:54am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krazy kaju
    Actually, I don't think it's fair to try to get him to go to an amateur MMA event.

It's not cause I'm being nice, but because 99% of karate, kung fu, taekwondo, choi kwang do, tai chi, etc. instructors would fail horribly at any kind of MMA event.

BTW, it's Thursday morning here in Poland, but isn't it 6 in Australia right now, as I'm writing this?

The vid might be up in an hour or two.
    I agree that it would be inappropriate, but Monk actually identified that he would like to do so. I said at the time that I could set it up if he wanted tobut the focus fell on meeting for a spar.

If you look back a few pages, you'll not that the meeting was postponed by a week due to Monk's work commitments.

Lastly, I went shopping for a new guitar with Jim today and he said he'll come along to the meet up. He may have a roll, or do some rounds, but probably just hold a camera or something.

I'll be updating you all if/when I hear anything further from Monk.
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111718192021 22232425 ... LastLast