Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 21222324 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 8:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right Scybermonk I noticed this on your website:

To the left, you will see various implements used in sword training in the Grill. Left to right, they are shinai, wooden bokken, composite plastic bokken, and a katana. We do not teach Kendo, we do not teach Fencing, we do not teach Kenjutsu, or Iajutsu, or anything else you might have heard of. What we teach is Void Swordsmanship, which is derived functionally from Miyamoto Musashi's concept of the inclusion of everything to the point that you no longer remember any of it actively......
    http://www.musashisbarandgrill.com/m...howpage&pid=11

How much of "Musashi's" :icon_eek: works have you studied and to what level?

Where the heck does your swordwork come from?
    Last edited by spooky; 8/20/2007 8:37am at .

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 8:21am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.musashisbarandgrill.com

That load of shite has to be the biggest load of bollocks I've read in a fucking long time.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 9:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can almost guarantee that when self taught loonies attempt to add some credibility to what they do they go and pull the Musashi card.

:new_cussi

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 10:56am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To the left, you will see various implements used in sword training in the Grill. Left to right, they are shinai, wooden bokken, composite plastic bokken, and a katana. We do not teach Kendo, we do not teach Fencing, we do not teach Kenjutsu, or Iajutsu, or anything else you might have heard of. What we teach is Void Swordsmanship, which is derived functionally from Miyamoto Musashi's concept of the inclusion of everything to the point that you no longer remember any of it actively....
    If I recall, the style of swordsmanship linked most closely to Musashi's own is Nito-Ryu, which I believe (again, if memory serves) employs two swords.
    You really should read a version of The Book of Five Rings that wasn't translated for use in Dungeons and Dragons.

In other words, yer makin' **** up again...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 11:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daGorilla
    If I recall, the style of swordsmanship linked most closely to Musashi's own is Nito-Ryu, which I believe (again, if memory serves) employs two swords.

Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu (the Two Heavens as One school) is the school formulated by Miyamoto Musashi.

Two swords are in there, just as they are in other Koryu, but they are only a part of the curriculum.

You really should read a version of The Book of Five Rings that wasn't translated for use in Dungeons and Dragons.

Sir for that I owe you a pint :happy:

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 11:33am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

In other words, yer makin' **** up again...
    Bwahahaha good point.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 1:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would appreciate it if you morons would stop shitting in this thread for awhile.

Trust me: you'll appreciate it too if you heed my advice on this matter. You have been warned.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 12:11am

Style: Not Currently Training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm...

Camera needed? *Ears prick up*
    In Aus, you say?

Unfortunately I'm in Perth, on the other side of the country, and I don't have the funds (and Jetstar aren't running any cheap flights between here and the Gold Coast). Otherwise I'd gather up the gear and organise a flight to document this event.

Hell, it could even fit into a show I'm (still) trying to get together for 31.

Maybe I'll just do a doco about Bullshido. Of course, that will have to wait until I manage to get the funds or backers...

Back on topic: unfortunately I haven't got any contacts in the biz on the Gold Coast, or none that I'm aware of at the moment, but I'll ask around and see if anyone's in the area and available. If I find someone, I'll post on this thread and shoot Deadmeat a PM.

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 12:58am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweet.

On a side note, pm me if you ever hit a cheap flight out (hint: tiger air is coming to Aus and you'll be able to get flight for less than $100) hit me up and we can do some training. I'm always interested in seeing how other people do things.

Same goes for any Bullshidoka.

A good mate of mine is a film maker, but he's in the UK till later in the year.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 10:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmeat
    Sweet.

On a side note, pm me if you ever hit a cheap flight out (hint: tiger air is coming to Aus and you'll be able to get flight for less than $100) hit me up and we can do some training. I'm always interested in seeing how other people do things.

Same goes for any Bullshidoka.

A good mate of mine is a film maker, but he's in the UK till later in the year.
    i think a Bullshido show that worked like Human Weapon, except with a complete opposite amount of reverance, would be awesome.
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 21222324 ... LastLast