Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 1:36am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmeat
    The Bullshido Bullies I met up with on the 4th of August in Sydney are probably going to be doing a regular meetup at Larry Papadopoulos' gym "Boxing Works". You should get in touch with Lilly, Arhetton, or Born Sceptic. They are all very nice and sensible in their training approach. Also, it's worth going just to meet Larry Papadopoulos - he's world famous.
    Boxing Works is the gym where I've been going to for the last month or so! Just been doing bag work/cardio right now as it's the only thing that fits my schedule, but it's a really cool place. Speaking of which, I should get off the computer and get to the gym!

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 3:57am

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you don't have any formal martial arts training, call yourself a Sensei (which would mean you have extensive formal training), teach your students quite frankly horrible grappling and striking (those videos show the worst crappling I've ever seen), and charge people for your so-called 'teaching'?

Honestly, I just watched the videos, and some of that stuff should form a new Bullshido crappling video. No technique at all.

If you actually want to learn something useful to work with your students, but are unwilling to go to an actual gym or dojo to learn useful techniques, I suggest you make use of the free techniques that can be found on Lockflow and UltimateJujitsu.com.

P.S. SOMEBODY GET TEH CAMERAS!
    Last edited by krazy kaju; 8/15/2007 3:59am at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 4:30am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    id also be quite interested to know what kind of insurance setup you have, and what credentials you have to actually be allowed to teach. One of my dads friends is a cop and recently moved to Brisbane- He owes us a favour and after watching some of those firsty spars, I'd like to know what he makes of a guy knocking a girl 100 pounds lighter than him out and apparently trying to break her wrist.

Personally I think monk is a fucking idiot, no better than any other cult leader who collects weak people around them to make his own sad existence seem meaningful. I also think it's only a matter of time before either he badly hurts someone, one of his students get a fucking hiding because of his aweful training, or (and i hope this happens first) he gets badly injured himself. Monk, if you are serious about teaching martial arts, at LEAST learn some basics. neither you nor your students have any idea what they are doing. this whole "fighting naturally" thing is fucking bullshit, fighting is a skill that needs to be trained and developed with proper guidance, and you can't teach that.

Prophet of Apathy

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 5:26am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Proresu?

For the record scybermonk, I can confirm that Deadmeat is a nice guy and won't subject you to unnecessary pain.

I hope you do meet up with him and afterwards that you really consider what you're doing.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 6:55am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why use the word Sensei at all? It's not a japaneese art right? So you are LARPing it up!

Hell, I'm starting a judo/bjj club here on campus. My instructors will not be able to make it more then 2 or 3 times a month, so I will be running the practices. NO ONE will ever call me Sensei.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 7:02am

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YES SENSEI!!!

Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 8:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScyberMonk

SOCHIN: At what point, exactly, do I proclaim myself a master of anything? Is there a copy and paste book for you guys to slam people with? We don't dress up, and we aren't pretending to do anything other than fight. So...where, precisely, are you getting that from?
    Sorry, I just read your MYSPACE and assumed anyone that could punch through concrete and fly would be a master... my mistake.

I'm a Monk.
    I am a martial artist.
    My kung-fu is, in fact, stronger than your kung-fu.
    I can punch through six inches of concrete.
    I will beat the **** out of you for your own good...and you will thank me for it.
    I teach martial arts.
    I used to be able to fly.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 8:11am

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i call my instructor Steve.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 8:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: judo, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmeat
    I just spoke with Scyber, and he's all set for next Thursday. He seemed reasonable and friendly over the phone. Thus far he's earned a bonus point for following through on his suggestion.
    Thats not surprising as throughout this thread he has conducted himself very politely. I dont think anyone is calling that into question. However it really doesnt change anything about the situation, all it does is assure us that he is either a well intentioned SEVERLY mislead individual, or it is just part of his larping.

Either way, I can appreciate his politeness but the issue at hand is the bullshit that he is teaching his students and believing himself. I am glad that he has agreed to a few spars with you, however I implore you to watch those sparring videos so you know exactly what you are getting into. In my opinion, this sparring is ultimately pointless, he would not be able to fend off the attacks of someone who has been training mma for two months let alone years.

Now normally that would be fine, but from reading his posts here I think he is just simply not going to learn anything from it. I would say at best he will start teaching his students trumped up bullshido variations of what you destroy him with. He has already stated that if someone from here beats him it only proves that he has more to learn, and that it says nothing about the validity of his style.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 12:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: judo, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also I just found this on his website. www.scybermonk.net
    His own accounting of his training, albeit could just as likely be bullshit.

At the age of three and a half, my mother decided I was crazy and had me given an EEG, which resulted in some unneeded electricity being added to the greymatter, the result of which is nightmarish headaches. On the up side, I can take damn near any physical punishment and giggle. Which is really creepy, from what I understand. At the tender age of six months later, I was put into martial arts, under the tutaledge of one Master Taisu, in the art of Tijitsu. After a few years of doing nothing but sweeping the floor(with a broom I later learned was WEIGHTED), and many style based misses later, I finally settled on Earth Golem style. Didn't have the control for Fire, the patience for Water, or the physical mentality for Air. Though I tried, because even then, I was a stubborn, arrogant prick. I was just a much smaller version. Unfortunatly, Master moved when I was 8. However! My mother also went insane when I was 8, facilitating my move to my grandmothers. I learned that my Master had moved to Virginia, which is where I moved to, and thus I was able to continue training.
    Now I dont know if he is meaning to spell taijutsu or if it is just something I have never heard of. Below is a link to the page that quote came from, I`m really starting to think there is a bit of mental instability at work here.

www.scybermonk.net/about.htm
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415161723 ... LastLast