Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 9:39pm

Style: karate,judo,JJ,Aikido,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally Posted by ScyberMonk

And JTKARATE...that analogy doesn't make an ounce of sense
    Not to you but to the rest of the world ..yes it does.

I don't just tell people I am good, I invite them to spar me. Anyone who comes to my class spars me. Then they go through the class, and decide if they want to come back the following week
    Ohh big man...you invite people to come in fresh off the street and to spar with you. Particulary scared girls and people smaller than you.

So if you teach people how to do a technique that you yourself do not fully know who's to blame if they get hurt.

do you even teach basic ukemi? The video where the young lady gets slammed to the mat the second time you can clearly see her cupping the back of her head. Obviously because she WAS NOT SHOWN HOW TO FALL PROPERLY.

It would be like watching you perform said surgery, and then deciding if I wanted you to perform it on me. I think the news has recently proven that despite certification, people still can't do what they say.

Guess your living proof. You say you are showing these people a way to defend themselves.And your not.

I guess in your fantasy world the best way to keep from getting attacked is to be DEAD. Because that is where you are going to lead some of these unfortunate people.

Look I will say I don't disagree with anyone who wants to follow there own path in the MA world, shake things up , make it better , its all good.

But you have to be part of that world before you can change it.

Go learn from a legitimate teacher, become proficient in an art then move on if you choose to. But dont take one lesson then go somewhere else and take another then think you are qualified to teach anything.

And on a side note you like to play with swords . Who trained you in how to use them.
    I have a limited experience in iaido but your ability with a sword is severly lacking.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 10:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: judo, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtkarate

But you have to be part of that world before you can change it.
    That is prolly the best way this concept has been phrased so far, now the key is will he be able to get it even put so clearly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 10:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by djrand
    That is prolly the best way this concept has been phrased so far, now the key is will he be able to get it even put so clearly.
    doubt it.:dontknow:

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 11:03pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScyberMonk
    And DEADMEAT: Five ounce gloves, cup, mouthguard are all you want me to bring, yes?
    Bring your mouthguard, cup, mma-gloves, and some 10 ounce gloves too - that way we can have a box. The MMA-gloves will be more for throwing strikes if we have a grapple, as I don't really think it would be appropriate to use them in a pure striking spar, as you are an unknown quantity.

Feel free to bring wrist wraps, ankle supports, kneepads, whatever else you like to use.

While there isn't really much in the way of parking directly outside fightboi, there is ample street parking nearby, and the parking meters stop at 5:30 anyway.

Here's a snapshot from google maps, it should be of use in finding your way there:

Not sure how you want to do this, but I'd suggest we do a couple rounds of boxing, followed by a couple of rounds kickboxing, then a couple of rounds of MMA, and lastly a few rounds of grappling. 3 minute rounds, with 1 minute rest, and five minute rounds of grappling. Factoring in some time to stretch, warm up, and cool down, we could be done in under an hour.

That should be ample. Even going at a casual, relaxed pace, it's a fair workout, and covers pretty much all the ranges. If you want to demonstrate any of your techniques or ideas, we'll have plenty of time for that too.

To be frank, you have been pretty evasive in responding to questions about your formal training, and I haven't watched the clips of you sparring, so I have no idea what your skill level is. If your students pay you money in return for tuition, and you are not qualified to teach them, I personally feel that it is inappropriate on your part.

Lastly, despite the hackneyed argument about the cage vs. "th3 d34dly str33tz", I would prefer we do this in the spirit of sportsmanship. I would refrain from pulling your hair, and would really rather not be bitten in the course of a training session. It is after all, very unsanitary.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 11:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Deadmeat

Would you both consider video taping your sparring session and posting it here?

That way we can have a first hand look at ScyberMonks abilities.

As he has been saying over and over again his clips on the website were either of him sparring with first timers or just goofing off.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 11:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even I think that sparring sucked. Really, come on that is pitiful. The training must really suck to take normal people and train them to be that much less effective at beating on people than the average untrained person; in some respects it's almost impressive the degree of suckage you entrainl in your students.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 11:25pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, please if he really shows up.

Also, be more pliant with your rules. Not the biting and such I agree with the safety aspect but, trust me, he can't last that long. A couple of striking then MMA rounds.

Also, have a nurse or first aid person there for your liability sake. You haven't watched the videos and many of his strikes can lead to breaks, jams, and dislocations under stress conditions.

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 11:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Deadmeat

Would you both consider video taping your sparring session and posting it here?

That way we can have a first hand look at ScyberMonks abilities.
    I don't really mind at all. My camera crapped out a couple of months back, so ScyberMonk would have to bring one. In fact, I'm even happy to let Scyber demonstrate any techniques on me before or after the sparring session. I'm pretty comfortable with Ukemi, so I don't mind if he wants to record some of the techniques for you all to evaluate.

As he has been saying over and over again his clips on the website were either of him sparring with first timers or just goofing off.
    I just spoke with Scyber, and he's all set for next Thursday. He seemed reasonable and friendly over the phone. Thus far he's earned a bonus point for following through on his suggestion.

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 11:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Yes, please if he really shows up.

Also, be more pliant with your rules. Not the biting and such I agree with the safety aspect but, trust me, he can't last that long. A couple of striking then MMA rounds.

Also, have a nurse or first aid person there for your liability sake. You haven't watched the videos and many of his strikes can lead to breaks, jams, and dislocations under stress conditions.
    hmm... that's interesting. Well, I have a current first aid certificate, and I'm pretty sure Allan (the guy who owns the gym) is capable of providing first aid to me should I need it. I'm not intending on throwing any heavy leather myself. Light striking at a medium pace, and as for the grappling, I'll just work guard for starters and see how he goes.

The way I'm looking at it, Monk has made a claim as to his ability, and I am giving him an opportunity to demonstrate it. That shouldn't require him to try and knock me out to prove a point.

How about one boxing, one kickboxing, one MMA, and one grappling round, followed by however many rounds of whatever else he feels like doing?

edit: maybe I should watch these sparring videos and see what I'm getting myself into.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 11:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmeat
    edit: maybe I should watch these sparring videos and see what I'm getting myself into.
    Don't, you'll scare yourself, they are awesome
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast