221376 Bullies, 4075 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 91 to 100 of 277
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Deadmeat is offline
    Deadmeat's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,014

    Posted On:
    8/14/2007 6:27pm


     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScyberMonk
    DEADMEAT: I have similar restrictions on my time, however, I am usually free on Thursdays. Are thursday nights good for you? Possibly wednesday nights?
    Wednesday nights I'm at Judo, followed by a recurrent poker game, so that's out. Thursday I generally do rounds anyway, so yes that would be fine. Any time after 5pm. Anyone is welcome to come and have a roll or do some rounds. I get unrestricted mat access at FIghtboi gym - they have mats, bags, gear, and a ring. Mat fee is cheap - only $5 if you are affiliated with a legitimate club, or in the company of someone who is.

    My current schedule is as follows:

    Sunday - Gym
    Monday - MMA
    Tuesday - Gym
    Wednesday - Judo Class
    Thursday - Sparring or Gym depending on availability
    Friday - Rest
    Saturday - Judo Class
  2. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,764

    Posted On:
    8/14/2007 6:41pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScyberMonk
    IT IS FAKE: I am not teaching them to push punch, are you daft? I do teach a push kick, yes. But not a push punch. And what's wrong with the Walk videos? You try those excercises, and come back and tell me they aren't good. And lastly...well, i could say I have both, but I am not actively pursuing a local MA tournament, with the link provided to me earlier. So we'll see how I do, and go from there.
    Really, Really Really???

    There is a push punch in one of those videos. It is your school. You said they are inexperienced. Remember the bouncer who can't strike? So, any striking I see in those videos I credit to you.

    Here you go:
    http://www.musashisbarandgrill.com/m...howpage&pid=36

    Basic earth strike.

    Hateful walk? Hateful Walk?

    Point is you are making up things that can hurt and damage people. Just because it feels hard doesn't mean it is a good exercise.
  3. ScyberMonk is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A little bit of everywhere.
    Posts
    86

    Posted On:
    8/14/2007 6:41pm


     Style: Way of the Void

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dayoung, I like how you put that. I use the term purely to mean teacher, a point I make very clear across the board. I understand that some people have arguements such as yours against it, and more personal arguements against me personally in regards to it, but I still use the word. However, even if you disagree with what and how I teach, the fact remains that I am teaching, ergo, the word does apply. But appreciate the lack of venom in the post.

    DEADMEAT: I will send you a PM. I cannot do it this Thursday, however, I will try for next Thursday. Do they have parking?
  4. Chaotic is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    68

    Posted On:
    8/14/2007 6:44pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScyberMonk
    I'm looking around on Google, have been since I posted, but, CHAOTIC, I am having a bit of a time finding any MMA tournaments. I could simply be looking in the wrong place.
    http://www.warriorsrealmrealityfighting.com

    I am going to be completely honest with you. You would get destroyed by any amature MMA fighter. This is a reality check, it is not meant as an insult.

    The reason why you goof around at your dojo when fighting those girls is because these are your friends and you feel uncomfortable tossing around a 100lb girl. So you psyche yourself up into thinking its okay by being silly.

    The thing is, those are your friends. They aren't your students. You aren't a martial arts teacher. There is nothing wrong with this except there is a good chance someone is going to get hurt. A big part of good martial arts is learning how to defend yourself. None of the videos showed even a remote semblance of good defense.

    You are the person who is control of the "dojo" and you have the ability to steer things in the right direction. You will probably have to swallow some pride, but these people are your friends and they obviously like you. Get the ones who want to learn how to fight to join a kickboxing or bjj gym in your area. Learn karate or kung fu if you want.

    I know your natural reaction to this thread will be to go defensive and articulate all of the reasons why your school is valid. Take a moment to step away and actually listen to some of the criticism. You aren't going to be able to make your school better, because none of you know how to fight. You are sparring in an unsafe manner. The only reason people don't get hurt constantly at your school is because they are so bad at fighting.

    Don't worry about what people think of you here or at your club. Worry about doing the right thing.
    Last edited by Chaotic; 8/14/2007 7:00pm at .
  5. ScyberMonk is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A little bit of everywhere.
    Posts
    86

    Posted On:
    8/14/2007 6:45pm


     Style: Way of the Void

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IT IS FAKE: That is a demonstration of the technique. And if you look closely, it's not pushing, the punch stops at point of contact. It's simply to show placement, that's not how you would use it in combat, just like the lapel technique wouldn't be done in staccato stages.

    And as for the name....the name is humerous. That's about it. And 'Combination Lunge and Front Thrust kick excercise, with a balacing thrown in for good measure." was a bit wordy.

    And DEADMEAT: Five ounce gloves, cup, mouthguard are all you want me to bring, yes?
  6. ScyberMonk is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A little bit of everywhere.
    Posts
    86

    Posted On:
    8/14/2007 6:52pm


     Style: Way of the Void

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, Chaotic, only some of them are my friends...and those girls are not, I hadn't met them before they came to dojo. And I went there, I poked around, and I didn't see anything about entering, save a contact form, which I had already used.

    I'm not going to defend my school, or my right to teach, any more than I already have. You asked questions, I answered them, you don't like the answers, and you have drawn your conclusions. Only time and improvement on the students behalf can really change that opinion...and a hopeful good showing in a tournament or against one of the Bullshidoers. I appreciate the non-venomous input, and I have taken the relevent comments to heart, I absolutely have. Not to do so would be to fly in the face of the whole 'wisdom from many sources' thing.

    I am off for the rest of the day, but I will return later on. Please try not to avalanche me completely, it makes it harder to give good replies.
  7. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,764

    Posted On:
    8/14/2007 7:02pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScyberMonk
    IT IS FAKE: That is a demonstration of the technique. And if you look closely, it's not pushing, the punch stops at point of contact. It's simply to show placement, that's not how you would use it in combat, just like the lapel technique wouldn't be done in staccato stages.
    That is a push end of story.

    The mechanics of the punch are wrong.
    The angle of the fist is wrong.
    The elbow is wrong.
    The execution is wrong.
  8. GoldenJonas is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,378

    Posted On:
    8/14/2007 7:32pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScyberMonk
    GOLDENJONAS: Nice list. (1)If I am in Florida....I will absolutely look you up. As I plan to make a DisneyWorld trip sometime in the next year, that may well happen. And you seem to have completely missed the point of Firsty Sparring. They havn't learned ANYTHING by that point. We've done stretching and had noodles. That's it. (2)Firsty Sparring is a formality for them, and it is explained that if they really don't want to fight, all they have to do is tell me, and I will walk over, lightly tap their shoulder, and then they tap. It's happened alot with people who simply weren't ready for it, and there's nothing wrong with it. And, again, (3)I didn't evade a damn thing. Not giving you the answers you want isn't evasive...at best, it's annoying. So, perfor you go frothing at the mouth again, try to actually figure out what goes on in those videos.

    Also, something else I would like to point out. There seems to be the impression that I fight these guys to increase my ego...where that the case, I imagine there would be more end of class spar's with me in them, mm? (4)No one has to fight me at the end of class unless they want to.
    (1) I look forward to your visit; who knows, if your not a delusional douche in person maybe I can get you some comp passes.

    (2) "Firsty" sparring is nothing more than the typical newb hazing you see in many frats or the forced indoctrination of pecking order and obedience that you see exhibited in many cults. WHAT IT IS NOT is a useful teaching tool.

    (3) Fine, if you did not evade the question as to your experience and qualifications then your answer is actually that you have none. You have no formal teacher or instruction in any standard style of MA or fighting art; you have no professional or amature fight record; you made this "Void" style up by putting together......hmmmm.......well, nothing, there are no redeeming features demonstrated in any of your technique or sparring videos that can derive any basis or influence from any MA that I have ever seen.

    Basically, you are a fraud, because you are taking money from people and providing an illusory crutch of defensive competence that will get some one killed or severely beaten when the chips are down.

    (4) I would request that we fight at the beginning of class so that I can take the fees you collected from everyone off of your unconscious body and me and the other "students" can go out for lunch and I can locate a real fight instructor for them.
  9. Mobious12 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    85

    Posted On:
    8/14/2007 8:04pm


     Style: San Shou, Kickboxing MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome thread so far, hope a a sparring session will clear things up. This sure is interesting.
    Anyway... I dont think you answered Monk...


    Do you claim to be offering defensive training? Or training on how to fight effectively?
  10. Hanniballistic is offline
    Hanniballistic's Avatar

    By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Qo'noS
    Posts
    2,166

    Posted On:
    8/14/2007 8:30pm


     Style: JKD & Mok'bara

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Scyber - a few basic questions any instructor should be able to answer

    What is your insurance premium?

    Who are you with for said insurance?

    What is your level of first aid training?

    Which Martial Arts Association are you registered with?
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.