Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 10:51am

Style: TaeKwonDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FickleFingerOfFate
    Umm, If you're an American Citizen, living in Florida, why would you want to join the Korean Marine Corps? The USMC has more than enough openings for people who want to serve, and if you want to learn a self defense, join MCMAP.

If you're dead set on learning TKD in Korea, Join any of the U.S. Military branches and request posting there.

Or am I missing something....
    I do not wish to join the ROKMC so i could train in TKD, i wish to join the ROKMC because i feel a fillial duty to my motherland. Im more than willing to pay my debt to america by joining the USMC for 2-4 years, but the question is when i leave the USMC would i be able to join the ROKMC? You could say becoming a HaeByungDae was a childhood dream of mine that i really would like to fullfill.

edit:
    BTW MaverickZ we all no GwangJu thugz are the most scary, they make you laugh then kill you. GwangJu people are scary period.
    Last edited by ToUnderstand; 8/14/2007 3:11pm at .

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 2:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToUnderstand
    Also Tukkong i have a question for you how might i be able to join the ROKMC i do not hold dual citizenship and im a american citizen.
    Why the hell would you want to do something like that? If you're dead set on joining the military do it here. The ROKMC pays almost nothing to it's personnel and they actually will beat you. Not to mention that you would be regarded as an outsider and treated accordingly.
    Without being a citizen I don't think it's even possible to do so and there would be absolutely no benefit to doing it.
    Last edited by D Dempsey; 8/14/2007 2:50pm at .

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 3:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by D Dempsey
    Why the hell would you want to do something like that? If you're dead set on joining the military do it here. The ROKMC pays almost nothing to it's personnel and they actually will beat you. Not to mention that you would be regarded as an outsider and treated accordingly.
    Without being a citizen I don't think it's even possible to do so and there would be absolutely no benefit to doing it.
    Im well aware of how the ROKMC trains but i doubt they would label me an outsider by the time i join i will be on native speaking level and since im korean they probally could not tell i am an outsider, especially since i mostly speak in gyeong sang do dialect even now. Also its not about the money its about duty to the motherland, like i said im willing to pay what little debt i have to this country by serving 2-4 years in USMC, but i rather not serve more than that.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 3:49pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Age:
    17"

Oooooh, well that explains it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 3:57pm

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im well aware of how the ROKMC trains but i doubt they would label me an outsider by the time i join i will be on native speaking level and since im korean they probally could not tell i am an outsider, especially since i mostly speak in gyeong sang do dialect even now. Also its not about the money its about duty to the motherland, like i said im willing to pay what little debt i have to this country by serving 2-4 years in USMC, but i rather not serve more than that.
    Unless they changed things, which I doubt, the minimum enlistment in the Marine Corps is 4 years. Depending on MOS it could be more.

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 3:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, i dont hide my age and what is that supposed to explain does some awakening happen magically when i turn 18?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 4:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, i dont hide my age and what is that supposed to explain does some awakening happen magically when i turn 18?
    More like 25. It's called experiance.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 4:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On a side note, someone mentioned MCMAP. That was probably the best MA training that I have had. Big step up from LINE.

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 4:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    is MCAMP the USMC martial art?

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 4:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtDutch
    More like 25. It's called experiance.
    Very true. Some would probable say older.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast