Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 12:50am

Style: TaeKwonDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ROKMC Hand to Hand?

I was wondering if anyone had any information on the ROKMC hand to hand training information, Like how they train or even if they have sytemized MA like the US marine corps has. Any information would be helpful.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 2:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tukkong, Gongkwon Yusul

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The general military trains in Taekwondo. Special Forces train in Tukkong Moosool. Some units used to train in their own styles, but I think this is no longer the case.

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 7:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have seen a documentary (some years ago) on Special Forces and the item on Korea claimed that to be considered for selection, the potential candidate had to have a Black Belt in TKD before they even considered him.

Sadly, can't remember the documentary and it was on British TV (ITV). As an aside, it also featured a member of ROK Special forces killing, skinning and eating a snake. Blimey, what a Mindset.

Hope this helps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 9:08pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToUnderstand
    I was wondering if anyone had any information on the ROKMC hand to hand training information, Like how they train or even if they have sytemized MA like the US marine corps has. Any information would be helpful.
    In 1983 they used a type of line training that seemed to combine the more praticle aspects of TKD and Hapkido.
    This of course was my observation from training with them while serving with the 3rd Mar Div, Okinawa, excercise Team Sprit, more like Team Clusterfuck though.

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 9:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tukkong
    The general military trains in Taekwondo. Special Forces train in Tukkong Moosool. Some units used to train in their own styles, but I think this is no longer the case.
    I have a question here. Do all the ROK SF units do Tukkong Moosul? One of my wife's friends from highschool is a Korean SEAL and I thought he said they were doing judo and hapkido. I'm going to korea next month and I going to try and roll with him.
    Back on topic all the ROK marines that I ran into were all doing TKD, just like all the ROK army guys.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 9:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tukkong, Gongkwon Yusul

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That clip of the guy eating the snake is on the internet. Unfortunately, I saw it on a Korean site and cannot remember where. You could clearly see the snake still moving after he had skinned it.

I remember a TKD 3rd dan blackbelt coming to my gym for training in Tukkong. I was told that he wanted to get his blackbelt so as to help him get into the Black Berets.

In the past, the different units had their own styles. For example, the Commandos had Tukkong, the UDT had something, and so on. However, these days, Tukkong is the main style. Actually, Tukkong is not a clearly definable style. The Tukkong of the special forces is different to that of the Presidential Security Service, which is different to the civilian program.
    Last edited by Tukkong; 8/13/2007 9:40pm at .

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 10:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting. Do you know of any Tukong Moosul schools in Busan? I'm going to be there for the first half of sept. and I would like to check it out if I can.

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 9:55am

Style: TaeKwonDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Busan owns Kyeong sang do for life!!!!
    Also Tukkong i have a question for you how might i be able to join the ROKMC i do not hold dual citizenship and im a american citizen.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 10:08am

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also Tukkong i have a question for you how might i be able to join the ROKMC i do not hold dual citizenship and im a american citizen.
    To join the ROKMC you would have to give up your US citizenship. Or you know... you could just join the US marines.

Also, daegu thugz pwn pusan!
    Last edited by MaverickZ; 8/14/2007 10:14am at .

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 10:14am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Umm, If you're an American Citizen, living in Florida, why would you want to join the Korean Marine Corps? The USMC has more than enough openings for people who want to serve, and if you want to learn a self defense, join MCMAP.

If you're dead set on learning TKD in Korea, Join any of the U.S. Military branches and request posting there.

Or am I missing something....
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast