Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 3:21pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come on bbinfu, grow a pair and post what you know. Since when is it wrong to tell the truth?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 7:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not a lack of balls which has kept me from posting. Rather, a lack of time.

DII is correct. My offer was to confirm info which M-tri garnered from his proposed discussions with Mansor, not to respond to random questions whether posed as questions or statements submittted for confirmation.

Having said that I will respond to RP's questions to the best of my ability. Unfortunately, the answer to those questions is that I don't know.

As I believe I've indicated in past posts, all of the discussions between Robson and Mansor
    were conducted in Portugese so I was left out. This is the same as all discussions with Marcos and Rigan.

The only $$ which I paid to Mansor was a $1200 fee for a seminar. I was told, however, that Robson paid additional fees for Mansor to "reconstruct" his record. MY understanding was that this process was an archive search through the federation aimed at confirming what we had been told regarding his background.

When this "search" discovered 2 titles (state and national) which had never been mentioned before (guess he forgot about them) I knew things were not kosher and within 2weeks Robson was out of my gym.

Shortly after that Mansor gave him his third dan within 10 months of Marcos giving him his second (that's a whole other story!) and the rest is history.

I can also tell you that the tape DOD has is in fact Mansor. The explanation I was given by both Mansor and Robson was that he was confused because DOD pronounced it wrong, he said "Sakata" when it was supposed to be "Sakata". Hear the difference???? No??? Niether did I.

Also, the first time I ever heard of any reference to Carlson was when I was told what to write in the letter for Mansor to sign. Before that, I was told Sakata was under Rickson.

Hope this helps.

On a more positive front, Riddle was back at Rat Pack this past week for a visit and to train with the guys. Was good to see him and mend fences as I know he's going to be a huge star.

Also, just got word that the infamous Irishtemper who started the original robson mma.tv thread, a high level purple under Renzo who, along with many others, did his best to shut Rat Pack down for the better part of a year, fought in Robson's UGC tournament this past weekend and lost the absolute division to Rat Pack's Fredo Pimentel, a white belt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD DAMN I LOVE A HAPPY ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 8:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, just so there's no questions raised, if you check the UGC results you will see Fredo registered under our fellow Simrell MMA School, Reality Martial Arts. He did that out of respect as I have told my guys if they ever do Robson's tournament I would prefer they not register under Rat Pack for obvious reasons.

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 11:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bbinfu
    I can also tell you that the tape DOD has is in fact Mansor. The explanation I was given by both Mansor and Robson was that he was confused because DOD pronounced it wrong, he said "Sakata" when it was supposed to be "Sakata". Hear the difference???? No??? Niether did I.
    Mansor's a lying ************.

When I spoke with him, his son interpreted. I spelled out S-a-k-a-t-a, and the son pronounced it SAH-ka-ta to the GM. I also made it clear that I was not asking about another person with a similar-sounding name, Sukata. The son spoke to the GM about SAH-ka-ta and SOO-ka-ta, and the GM replied that he knew of the SOO-ka-ta guy, but not the SAH-ka-ta guy.

My friend the writer says this is definitely going into his book...

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 11:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bbinfu
    By the way, just so there's no questions raised, if you check the UGC results you will see Fredo registered under our fellow Simrell MMA School, Reality Martial Arts. He did that out of respect as I have told my guys if they ever do Robson's tournament I would prefer they not register under Rat Pack for obvious reasons.
    I smell an insidious Rat Pack plot here. This Fredo guy is probably brown belt level, but you sandbagged him and insinuated him into the tournament as a white belt for the express purpose of embarrassing Irishtemper...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 1:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You give me way too much credit DOD but no such luck.

Fredo is in fact a white belt (he's been training a little over a year as far as I know) and while he has great potential, having won his mma debut last month, and while his grappling is improving everyday, he is probably blue belt level at best and to my knowledge never wrestled. He is also far from the best we have at Rat Pack (no insult to him) and is actually one one of our mid range players on the mat.

The report I got was that while IT would skunk him 99 out of 100 times (IT is definitely one bad ass s.o.b. on the mat who used to kick my ass so bad I usually ended up injured for about a month and finally just refused to roll with him) on this particular day he stuffed several IT take down attempts and then got the take down at the end of the match for a 2-0 victory which won the day.

We at Rat Pack had no idea he was going to the UGC as my guys are not encouraged to compete there to say the least and who the hell would have guessed that the author of the original Robosn thread would be going into Robson's tournament (he never did before)

I found out the story after the fact when Fredo sent me an e-mail telling me of his win and only as and aside did he ask me if I had ever heard of the guy as he was told he used to train with Brian Miller who, of course, now teaches for Rat Pack.

Just a matter of being in the right place at the right time and the stars aligning in a wierd karma kindof thing.

And by the way DOD, no one is going to buy your friends book if I get mine out first so he better hurry up!
    Last edited by bbinfu; 7/30/2008 2:09am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 2:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know its ironic. I used to be accused of trying to pass a white belt off as a black. Now I get accused of trying to sell a brown belt as a white. I just can't win!

For the record, as it stands, the highest rank we have at Rat Pack is purple (other than simrell and miller of course) of which we have 3, 4 if you count Riddle who got his purple while he was with us.

The bulk of our guys are and always have been ex wrestlers and street fighter types who don't train gi and, hence, have no aspirations for rank in bjj.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 3:02pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would appear from the Prof's web site that his ever changing calidascope of credentials has shifted again.

No reference is now made to Rigan, Marcos or anyone else for that matter, no further claims of titles or rank, no past training with the greats, no reference even to Mansur, just a pict with the Grandmaster himself and a statement that he started training at 10 in Sao Paulo. I think we may now have a bio that's basically legit.

Also, from the UGC result photos, it would appear that the same guy who lost to BBinfu's guy (I assume he's the latino guy since his shorts appear to say Rat Pack Fight Team on the leg) also lost in gi to another guy. Any info on him BBinfu? Is he one of yours? What rank?? Hoping for IT's sake he's at least a high level purple, otherwise, that must have been a real bad day.

One last observation. The prof must run a hell of a tournament based on the picts of the crowd (hint, there is not a single person in the stands in any of the action shots. Not a one!)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2008 3:24pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nevermind. Just watched the video on the UGC website of the gi match between the guy who one first (Chris Pagotto according to the results) and who I assume is IT from what appears in the video to be very noticable purple belt.

What is quite clear, video quality aside, is that the guy who beat him IS ALSO A WHITE BELT!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I'm not defending Robson in any way but wasn't one of the big "clues" in this msytery the fact that Robson allegedly lost to a white belt in training???

Here we have what BBinFu says is a high level purple under Renzo who used to teach at Hatfield (I've read the old threads where he told Rat Packers if they wanted real training they should go to Hatfield and ask for him) loosing in both gi and no-gi to 2 different white belts!

What does one make of that??

Does it potentially refute one of the arguments against Robson?

Were they both higher ranking plants working undercover for BBinFu (from the video I would say no, the BJJ looked pretty white beltish to me)?

All I know is that if you're going to talk **** the way IT talked ****, you sure as hell better either be able to back it up or for the love of god don't let yourself be filmed getting bested by white belts from the school you talked **** about and at a tournament run by the very guy you talked **** about. Jesus!

Wait...what's that I hear??? I think it's Renzo getting ready to hang himself from the shower rod....

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    8/06/2008 9:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had quite a few things happen to me since I last posted in here, and quite frankly I forgot about this due to more pressing matters.

long story short. I am no longer staying in Port Jeff, and will no longer be in NY as of tomorrow. I did talk to Master Mansor briefly a couple weeks ago right before I left, but the only Robson we discussed was Robson Moura who I plan to train with when I reach my destination of Florida.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast