Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 5:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckofDeath
    According to the letter signed by Mansor, Sakata got his rank from Carlson Sr.

I guess it's obvious you couldn't find any records of Carlson Sr. giving Sakata a Black Belt, but were you able to find anything about him at all? and did you have a portuguese speaking/reading memeber check any brazilian websites?

edit- I'm going to start reading the thread you linked now. I'm sure it will answer most of my questions.
    Last edited by M-Tri; 6/27/2008 5:14pm at .
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2008 7:30pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    M-tri
    I would not even bother asking Mansor about when Robson won the two events. Mansor never claimed to know the answer to that question, and if Robson can't answer that himself, then how could anyone else? But, I guess if you have the time, then go for it. That issue alone proves that Robson is a liar. Although, it still baffles me that he would post such an elaborate lie on his website for everyone to see and think he wouldn't get called out on it.

This question may seem out of left field, but if Mansor does claim to know Robson's history in Brazil, please ask him if he has any knowledge of Robson changing his name?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2008 8:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!!

You know, at first I was thinking, "jesus this shits still going on" but then I checked out old Robby's web site and saw that he's at yet another location and still claiming to be a Rigan rep despite the fact that, as I understand it, Rigan gave him the old heave-ho more than a year ago. IMO he continues to bring this **** on himself.

What I found particularly amusing was the fact that when he left my place he indicated he was happy to leave as we were just a bunch of poor farmers who did not practice "real jiu jitsu" and he needed to have a team of real bjj players. From the picts, I guess real bjj guys are old men, a few skinny teens and little kids with glasses!

Anyway, now that I've vented for a moment a couple of comments on the task at hand:

DuckII , as I think you are aware, I have every intention of submitting an article or two to the rags when I have time about my trials and tribulations in this business. Your proposal of a joint project with DoD is an interesting one and maybe when the time is right I will reach out to him via p.m. and see if we can't make something happen. I have to admit it would be interesting. Sort of like Nixon and Bob Woodward as co-authors.

mmafan,

I'm curious what you know about a name change. I know what I know and would be interested in comparing notes. E-mail me if you like. I think you have my address. If not, let me know and I'll post it.

MrTri,

Out of respect for Mansor and as a courtesy (quite undeserved) to Robson, I have been reluctant up until now to post all I know about that unholy union. However, if you want to find out what you can and post it on here, much like the legendary "Deep Throat" (I know we've used this analogy before but I like it) I would be willing to confirm or deny what you discover to keep you in the right direction.

A word of advise, in watergate it was "follow the money". Here, may I suggest that you should "follow the rank". From the sounds of it, you won't have too far to travel to get your answers!

Anyway, back to work on plans for Rat Pack II which should be opening by summers end. More on that later.

Take care guys.

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 12:43pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bbinfu
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!!
    Welcome back...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2008 10:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey bbinfu just saw where your boy Riddle says Rampage is a nice guy but a stinky coach.

Maybe true but do you really need to talk **** about the lhw Champ?

Guess you're in good company in terms of no longer being good enough for that guy!

My guess is that his arrogance and his mouth will be his downfall.

Mr-Tri,

Well...?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2008 7:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well Duck II "my boy" keeps talking about now being at a "real fight camp".

My question is, what is more real.

A local gym owned and run by a couple of guys who love the sport andput their own money in to try and recruit the best local talent they can find to make the place better for their memberos or some huge place owned and financed by some faceless corporation which has the $$ to simply go out and buy whatever and whoever they want in order to become a force in the mma world.

Yes, the second is a more appropriate training ground for guys like Riddle who have world class potential but I don't agree they are more "real".

Just my 2 cents on the issue...although no one aksed.

A better quote would have been, "I'm now at an unreal fight camp".

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    7/01/2008 9:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm on it. my girl just flew up from florida, and she's only here for a week, so I'm not going to be online much. But I didn't forget
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 12:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BBINFU, So what exactly happened with Riddle? Did he completely turn his back on you guys or is he simply trying to further his career. The fame must have definitely gone to his head because he definitely wasn't this arrogant in college. I was only around him a couple times, but he seemed to be more of the quiet guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 9:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mmafan.

Probably a subject for another thread. Suffice it to say, I met Matthew when he had no submission titles or mma fights. I believed in him from day 1 and told him and his Mother that together we would make eachother famous.

From April 07 through January 08, I along with the Rat Pack gang supported him in every way imaginable.

He trained for free, I paid his way into tournaments, fights, etc., I managed him for free, I drove him to and from the gym, he often stayed at my home for extended periods, I paid for his hotels when he travelled for tournaments, bought him a Wii when he made the show, I found out about the try outs for TUF, made his video and drove him there in a snow storm, I handled all communications with the UFC, bought him supplements and whatever else he needed for Vegas, drove him to the airport when he left, picked him up when he came home, sponsered and paid for his premier party and one week later he claimed I used him in the now infamous mmajunkie interview (an interview which I helped schedule!) and that he was going to "set me straight".

My wife cried for days (she still does on occasion when she thinks about it), my kids (particularly my 13 year old son who idolized him and considered him a close friend) cried, tore up his pictures and threw out the t-shirts I had made up for his fights. (He later refused to allow my son to be his "friend" on my space.)

Draw your own conclusions.

I wish Matthew well and know he will be a big star in mma as I always predicted. I only hope that someday he will appreciate what we did for him asking in return only that we be able to share in his dream by getting some well deserved publicity for the gym out of his success.

Apparently that was too much to ask.

My personal disappointment is immeasurable. However, my biggest fear (that this would send Rat Pack back down the ladder of success which we have worked so hard to climb since the Robson debacle) has not occured and I truley appreciate from my inner core the fact that the majority of my past detractors, particularly DoD, DuckII and the like, not only refrained from jumping on the band wagon but, in fact, have expressed support and understanding.

Don't let my experiences taint your views. Matthew is a nice kid with great personal potential and, again, I honestly believe he is the future of this sport. I wish him great health and success and my door will always be open to him, both literally and figuratively.
    Last edited by bbinfu; 7/02/2008 9:58pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2008 7:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah but he's always smiling and so fucking chipper!

**** Him, quit crying and move on.
    Last edited by duckII; 7/03/2008 8:03am at .
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 LastLast