Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 12:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by duckII
    Mr-Tri's response disappoints me as a simple conversation with Mansor would probably put the final nail in this coffin but, alas, he does not seem inclined to do that despite his initial representations regarding his friendship with and access to the Grand Master.

Could Mr.-Tri be yet another Robson plant sent to post on this thread under the guise of seeking the truth with the intention of coming back a week or two from now claiming to have rolled with him and declaring him "legit"??

Mr-Tri either pick up the phone and call your old friend or I call BULLSHIT!
    1) you really suck at dealing with people.

2) in my last post I just said I was going to call a friend of mine that could translate things to portuguese so mansor doesn't take it the wrong way.

3) I really don't care about Robson nearly as much as you seem to, so if you want my help I suggst you list the questions you'd like me to ask, and calm the **** down.

4) don't pretend to understand my situation here, or try to analyze things because you're WAY off.
    Last edited by M-Tri; 6/27/2008 12:37pm at .
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 12:48pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by duckII
    Mr-Tri's response disappoints me as a simple conversation with Mansor would probably put the final nail in this coffin but, alas, he does not seem inclined to do that despite his initial representations regarding his friendship with and access to the Grand Master.

Could Mr.-Tri be yet another Robson plant sent to post on this thread under the guise of seeking the truth with the intention of coming back a week or two from now claiming to have rolled with him and declaring him "legit"??

Mr-Tri either pick up the phone and call your old friend or I call BULLSHIT!
    duckII,

I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but some time ago I started a thread noting that I recognized the interior of M-Tri's Redboy gym as being the location of Robson's promotion by Mansor. The thread mysteriously disappeared. I'm wondering what caused the Redboy/Kioto split-off. And I do think it odd that M-Tri would wait until now to suddenly up and want to assess Robson's skills...

http://www.redboybjj.com/brazilianjiujitsu.html

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 12:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tri
    3) I really don't care about Robson nearly as much as you seem to, so if you want my help I suggst you list the questions you'd like me to ask, and calm the **** down.
    Our last posts crossed. If you're going to talk to Mansor, great. I'm wondering why he would tell me in a phone conversation that he doesn't know any Mauricio Sakata, and then later sign a letter attesting that he does know Mauricio Sakata.

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 1:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckofDeath
    duckII,

I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but some time ago I started a thread noting that I recognized the interior of M-Tri's Redboy gym as being the location of Robson's promotion by Mansor. The thread mysteriously disappeared. I'm wondering what caused the Redboy/Kioto split-off. And I do think it odd that M-Tri would wait until now to suddenly up and want to assess Robson's skills...

http://www.redboybjj.com/brazilianjiujitsu.html
    The thread didn't mysteriously disapear, it got deleted by a mod who thought it was out of line to begin with after you apologized.

Honestly I didn't even know that Robson's rank was in question until you made that thread. and I was involved in another mess at that time anyway, so I didn't pay much attention to it.

The reason I decided to get involved now is because this thread just happened to pop up the other day after I had read the updates in the Chris Van Valkenburg thread (I had forgotten about Robson until I saw this; and I rarely come in this section unless I have a reason to: CVV). Anyway I had nothing better to do since I'm still recovering from a broken arm, so I briefly skimmed through and it just so happened that Master Mansor saw me walking by his academy and stopped me that day when I was on my way to Subway. He got shoulder surgery around the same time I got surgery on my arm, so that was the main point of our discussion.

Kioto Port Jeff was at the current RedBoy Location. I had been LIVING in the school for about 3 months or so when the split happened, so I felt a lot like a child stuck in a nasty divorce. the split happened due to MANY differences in opinion on many subjects between Paul and Mansor; it was best for both of them. Anyway Master left and I stayed with Paul which he understood and never held against me since I was living there and he knew Paul had done a lot to help me. Master then opened up a new Kioto Port Jeff about a block away at a slightly smaller, but more visible location in the nearest shopping center. I walk past it almost everyday when I get lunch, etc. /story]
    Last edited by M-Tri; 6/27/2008 1:21pm at .
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

facebook.com/ABMMA

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 1:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckofDeath
    Our last posts crossed. If you're going to talk to Mansor, great. I'm wondering why he would tell me in a phone conversation that he doesn't know any Mauricio Sakata, and then later sign a letter attesting that he does know Mauricio Sakata.

So...

Question #1- Who did Mauricio Sakata get his rank from, and where was his Academy?

facebook.com/ABMMA

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 1:48pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr-Tri,

My people skills aside (and I admit they do suck!) I hope you are legit because a direct source to Mansor would sure be helpful.

As for why I seem to care about this issue, I have asked myself the same question and here is the answer I came up with.

The Robson debacle has left me completely disillusioned with a discipline for which I once had great respect.

Mind you, I couldn't care less about some poser bilking his students out of money under false pretenses. Hell, that happens all the time and if his "team" can't see the forest for the trees, more power to him, that's their problem.

What troubles me about this situation and the whole reason I got involved in this "investigation" originally, was my amazement athow high up the bjj ladder this BS seemed to go. First Marcos Santos, then Rigan Machado and ending with the G.M.

These were people whom I had admired over the years for their love and dedication to the art and to learn that they may have betray that trust has been a source of both disapointment and amazement.

Some time ago, I remember DoD talking about a book regarding these events and while that seemed far fetched at the time, in retrospect I don't think it is. Perhaps a full length book is a bit much but my god the whole story would sure make a teriffic article or series of articles in the Grappling mags.

In one of my last contacts with BBinFU I suggested to him that he reach out to DoD as a colaborative narrative from the two of them on the Robson saga from start to finish would, IMO, be explosive and engaging reading and I am confident many others who have followed this story would agree.

What is missing though is the "end game" and, hence, my frustration with posts like yours which, in the past, have always proven to be either set ups or which have fizzled out with no result.

If you are legit, my apology will come when hard information is provided and the final puzzle piece is put in place.
    Last edited by duckII; 6/27/2008 1:51pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 1:50pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way.

Question 2) When/Where did Robson win the Nationals

Question 3) When/Where did Robson win the Sao Paulo State title

Question 4) When did Mansor first meet Robson

The last question is interesting because I know the answer and am curious to see if Mansor's answer is different.

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 2:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok, could I please have links to the previous threads on Mauricio Sakata and Robson so I can catch up. I'm going to Grappler's Quest this weekend, but I'm going to read through them as soon as I can.

facebook.com/ABMMA

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 4:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok, could I please have links to the previous threads on Mauricio Sakata and Robson so I can catch up.
    This is the main one:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...auricio+sakata

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 4:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So...

Question #1- Who did Mauricio Sakata get his rank from, and where was his Academy?
    According to the letter signed by Mansor, Sakata got his rank from Carlson Sr.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast