Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 1:14pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From his site it would appear the Prof. has relocated once again and is now at a gym in some place called Macungie (sic) PA. If you look at the picts of Team Pereira from a recent tourney, one might question who exactly is utlizing that cage in their training???

Wonder how long this relationship will last. Any bets???

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 4:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: LOL GUN FU TEEHEEE

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool......

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 6:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Master Mansor is a very close friend of mine even though I no longer belong to Kioto. I actually ran into him yesterday and we talked for a bit. I'm now curious to find out exactly what he knows of Mauricio Sakata and Robson's training in Brasil.

I know Mansor is very, very aware of who trains under who, and who people get and give black belts too. He's actual;ly like an encyclapedia with any brazilian that got their black belt before 2000 or so. He is also very serious about preservation of the art which is why I find it hard to believe he would represent the Federation and promote someone unless he knew their background.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 9:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    M-Tri may be the missing piece of this puzzle. If you are in fact friends with Mansor, you can simply ask him the questions raised on this and other threads regarding Mr. P's background, particularly, info regarding Sakata (although I note that references to Sakata have long since been removed from the prof's website).

Looking forward to hearing back and, perhaps, putting this matter to rest.

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 2:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by duckII
    M-Tri may be the missing piece of this puzzle. If you are in fact friends with Mansor, you can simply ask him the questions raised on this and other threads regarding Mr. P's background, particularly, info regarding Sakata (although I note that references to Sakata have long since been removed from the prof's website).

Looking forward to hearing back and, perhaps, putting this matter to rest.
    I am friends with Mansor, but his english is not very good, and I don't see him often now that I am an instructor at a rival school less than 1 block away, so if I go over there questiong someone he promoted's credentials out of the blue he may feel disrespected.

Here is what I will try to do. I will make it a point to go to PA and do a class at Pereira's this year as his student was offering. Now from what his student said it seems that Pereira is willing to roll a bit with his students. I have rolled with several black belts in and out of competition, and I know what a black belt feels like. Also it's rare for me to find someone under high-purple belt level that I can't control/submit. I plan to roll with Robson, and then if I don't feel he is black belt level I will ask Mansor a million and one questions about him with good reason, so my old Master doesn't feel insulted.

I personally can't see Mansor giving any rank to someone unless he knew they deserved it; which is why I'm a bit skeptical on both sides of this fiasco, but just how long this investigation has dragged on has me interested in finding out the whole truth.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

facebook.com/ABMMA

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 11:51pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tri
    I am friends with Mansor, but his english is not very good
    His son will be happy to interpret if he's around...

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 4:43am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For any new members, current members, and/or members who have been away for a while, as well as the objects of these investigations, I would like to direct you to this link:

where did bam bam get his rank?[MOD NOTE: rank confirmed] - No BS Martial Arts

Unlike the whole Robson saga with multiple threads and multiple pages in each thread, this one was one thread and is currently two pages long. This is the sum of the thread:

1) Party A had questions about BJJ instructors rank

2) Some discussion went on

3) The instructor's instructor AND the instructor himself came in a verified the information and the website itself verified the information

4) Party A apologized

5) Thread is now on the second page as there is no longer a need for it

6) The End

The point is mainly for those that become very defensive about the questioning or their rank, their instructors rank, their friend's rank, etc, etc, etc. That thread shows that it is very easy to just answer some very simple questions and that's the end of it.

In fact, I think it's helpful to the instructor and their school. When someone runs a search on Robson and see all the various threads about this guy, they will probably become a little suspect about him. How will they go through all the various information about this man to determine what's true vs what is false. Now if you run the same search on Scott Sullivan and you find this thread, you will not only find an answer to your questions, you will find those answers in two pages in a thread, not multiple pages and threads. If I was looking for information on Robson, I would just say "**** it", if I was looking for information on Scott Sullivan then I would have the information I needed.

Again, more for those people I mentioned before, especially those who these investigations are about. It will save a lot of time, headache, and possibly loss of business to just be up front. It wasn't hard for Mr. Sullivan to do, why not the rest?

Also, regarding the Scott Sullivan thread, I was wondering if there is a place on one of the Bullshido sites for confirmed investigations were rank, qualifications, etc were in fact validated. This would provide a nice holding area where people can go to see if an investigation was already performed and if everything already checked out.

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 11:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckofDeath
    His son will be happy to interpret if he's around...

Krauss? Krauss runs Kioto in Brasil and hasn't lived around here for years, but you may be right about getting a translator to avoid any issues. I do know a couple others that might be able to help translate.

facebook.com/ABMMA

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 12:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr-Tri's response disappoints me as a simple conversation with Mansor would probably put the final nail in this coffin but, alas, he does not seem inclined to do that despite his initial representations regarding his friendship with and access to the Grand Master.

Could Mr.-Tri be yet another Robson plant sent to post on this thread under the guise of seeking the truth with the intention of coming back a week or two from now claiming to have rolled with him and declaring him "legit"??

Mr-Tri either pick up the phone and call your old friend or I call BULLSHIT!

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 12:29pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tri
    Krauss? Krauss runs Kioto in Brasil and hasn't lived around here for years, but you may be right about getting a translator to avoid any issues. I do know a couple others that might be able to help translate.
    Does he have any other sons besides Krauss? When I phoned him some time ago, he explained that his English wasn't that good and that he'd get his son to interpret, which he did. I never got the son's name.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast