Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2007 3:40pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We all know "the dude" who gave him the seond degree, and the third for that matter. It's the first degree which is in question and yes I do think if you were a national champion in ANYTHING, you would remember the date. Particularly if it is in a sport from which you now make your living.

That would be like a doctor not remembering what year he graduated med school, or where he went for that matter.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    9/08/2007 3:51pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by duckII
    1) who gave him his original BB and when and where it was received
    2) What year did he win the Sao Paulo championships and in what class
    3) what year did he win the Brazilian nationals?
    Even just get the answer to number 1.

But I wont hold my breath.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 2:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PABJJ,
    I defended Robson at one point, but never tried to deny that there were some big holes in his story. If he can't remember the dates he won the Brazilion Nationals or Sao Paulo state championship, then he is full of ****. There is no way around that one. If you don't think he is, then simply ask him and sit back as he gives you the run around. As far as his skill level, that has also been proven to be far less than that of a 3rd BJBB. He was tapped by several whites and there is another credible source, Rich Latta, who testified that he believed Robson was barely a white belt. Claiming he was barely a white was probably a bit of an exageration, but the point is that he is def not a BB

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 4:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Probably around the time he came back after 8 years off due to a broken back?

and he never told me that he didn't remember, I just didn't ask him yet

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 5:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even after an 8 year lay off the knowledge, it not the prowess, would still be there. Latta questioned both as have many others who have rolled with him.

PABJJ will ultimately learn the truth as BBinFu and MMAfan before him, but, of course, there will be someone else there to take his place so the saga will continue.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 7:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'd think Robson would be tired of being asked these questions over and over again.

There are probably nearly 100 threads about him on the internet with literally THOUSANDS of posts...I can't think of a person in the world who wouldn't have answered these questions after all this time (going on nearly 3 years now).

Not knowing when you won the Brazilian nationals in BJJ would be like Wayne Gretzky not remembering what years he won the Stanley Cup.
    Last edited by WaltJ; 9/09/2007 7:20pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 7:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WaltJ,
    As you said, you would think he would answer these questions after all the scrutiny. I mean who wouldn't answer some simple questions to make a few hundred people leave him alone? Obviously, he hasn't answered them yet because he can't.

PABJJ,
    Have you ever heard of a BB being sent for remedial training before? No you haven't, and there's a reason for that. If Robson would have simply verified who gave him his BB, then he never would have had to train with Latta in the first place. He would have simply said, "I know my skills may be lacking due to injury, but this individual gave me my belt and he will attest to my skill level prior to the injury."

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 10:31am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PABJJ
    Since it's keeping you from sleeping at night, I'll find out. You obviously have some sort of personal grudge against him because anyone who's trained or rolled with him would know how talented he is.
    In terms of if he "felt" like a 3rd degree black belt, I would honestly say that he did not. When I rolled with Daniel, I was thoroughly dominated from start to finish...we didn't move and I didn't do **** unless he wanted it so. With Robson, I was in no danger at any point whatsoever of being tapped, manipulated, or swept, and other than passing his guard once (and allowing him to escape to the turtle position) I had him in little to no danger either.
    This says it all for me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 10:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excellent point Mr. Fake. As a follow up I would pose this question to PABJJ, "What is your background in terms of bjj training?" in other words, how long have you trained and with whom?

This question is not intended to be inflamitory. Rather, in answering it, we may get an insight into why PABJJ respects Robson's skills so much. My guess is that, regardless of his other experience, he has not trained bjj prior to signing up with Robson or has trained very little, in which case it is no wonder that his skill level seems so high.

Any bjj novice (regardless of other experience) rolling with even a decent purple belt, or a high level blue for that matter, should be "owned" by the difference in skill level.

WaltJ has bjj experience, rolled with Robson and says his skills are not BB level. Latta is a Brown under Renzo, has rolled with Robson and says his skills are not even Purple belt level. BBinFu presumably rolled with Robson and felt he required "remedial training" under Latta who, at the time, was a purple belt.

It comes down to this, he won't answer the questions posed above because he can not and, to date, to our knowledge, the only people he has rolled against succesfully in a live situation, are blue belts and below.

That is what I have suggested that he roll with one of the other local bb's at his tournament in a "Superfight". Hell, he doesn't have to win, he needs only put on a decent display to silence many, if not all, of his critics.

Rolling with his own students impresses no one and answers nothing. Nor does competing (quite unsuccesfully) in a Judo tournament or referring people to Mansor for answers to very simple questions regarding his credentials.

PABJJ, f you are truely loyal to the man who would "give you the shirt off his back", perhaps you can convince him that his own good is served by stepping up to the plate on some or all of these issues rather than relying on others to plead his case.
    And remember, many of the people on these threads, such as MMAfan and BBinFu were, at one time, Robson loyalist as well before they became disillusioned with his ability to substantiate his claims.

By the way, I notice that Marcos Santos has been removed as a link on his web page. Anyone know what happened to that relationship??
    Last edited by duckII; 9/10/2007 10:58am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 9:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah yes...silence. So here's what happened:

PABJJ:Hey man, I did what you said and put some **** on the internet about how our school owns at competition and how skilled you are but they're not buying it. They are still demanding answers to questions regarding your background and credentials. What do you want me to do?

Robson: Dont no post no more stiff on inetnet. It all booshit. Mansor have my records. Carlinos have my records. They con cantact dem if want my stiff. Thy no undestand. Getting bb in Brasil not like US. we know have dis booshit. No disrpspt from blue and white belts!!!

How close am I my friend????
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast