Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 8:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: To-Shin Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I rarely post much of anything on these boards and only am here to read. But since this one is literally in my backyard, I was paying close attention to this. I live in Media, my sister lived in macungie and now lives in allentown. I have friends in reading. See what I mean by backyard? Didn't occur to me until I checked out the pictures, but I met this guy. I know nothing about BJJ. The only thing I can add that, as has been stated elsewhere in this thread, he's not a bad guy. He's very personable, well spoken from what I remember, and generally easy to deal with. The facility is freakin huge so either this guy is from money and has a trust fund, or he's a evil genius making people buy enough of whatever it is he's selling to fund that project. Because either the guy is renting the place $$$$ or owns/financing it $$$$$$.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 10:11pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read the thread titled" In Search of the Elusive Mauricio Sakata." That will give you alot of insight. What you have said about his demeanor is basically what everyone's first impressions are. I worked for him and thats how I felt, in the beginning.

Posted On:
    4/22/2012 2:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I use to train at Renzo's in NY but moved to Reading to help out my parents, when I got there I looked up what BJJ schools were in the area and found a Royler affiliated school, so I went down there just to check it out, but felt hurt that the owner of the school was just a purple belt, so two years later I decided to look again online, and found some website of a guy named Robson Pereira whom was teaching at body zone.. So I went to check it out, when I got there the first thing I noticed was how big his head was, I remember thinking "WTF????" lol anyway, so there was like two other students there and we started doing the warm ups, so the warm ups were pretty good and the technique that he was teaching, well at the end of the class we started rolling and I was doing my thing but stopped cause it was my first time training after several years and I was exhausted.. so he started rolling with a student and I remember thinking "this dude doesn't move like a black belt, he's like a really good blue belt" and he never tapped his student he would be in position to lock up a arm bar and just stop and tell his student "I had a submission right there" anyway being completely disappointed after seeing him roll, I decided not to go back, oh and I remember asking him whom is he under and him trying to break it down that Mauricio Sakata is under Marcos Santos whom is under Rigan Machado.. wellfirst thing I did was go home and look him up and first thing that popped up was Bullshido lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2012 2:59pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't look now but from his site, it would appear that Prof. Pereira has ammassed a pretty impressive mma record in recent years. 9-1 ammy 4-0 pro! Strange though how both mma.tv and sherdog fail to list any of those 14 bouts on the official fighter records pages. Those guys really have to clean up their act and get their record keeping straightened out
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011