Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 9:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Robson Pereira - new school?

Call out to members, especially the Duck of Death. This guy, Robson Pereiro, is opening a BJJ/MMA school in my backyard. I'm told that controversy surrounds this guy and that he's basically a big phony. Anyone know him and have any info?? I guess he was exposed a while back in the Pocono's area and is expanding to new territories where he can hide under the radar. Don't know him personally but I'm told from legit sources that his so-called black belt is bullshit and that he has no skill what-so-ever. Anyone have anything to say about this guy, good or bad????
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 8/11/2007 12:24pm at . Reason: X-Large font size removed.

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 10:13pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    here's the relevant thread u need to be at to find the ppl integral to this investigation

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=53697&page=25

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 10:26pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

thanks

thanks for the info.

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    8/11/2007 6:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why don't you go there, talk to the man, take the free intro class, roll with his students, roll with him and then come here and give us your thoughts? That would be the ideal outcome instead of jumping on the bash-wagon. We can all talk trash, however it would be nice to have a first hand account. The common thought is he's a phony but nobody has stepped up and done anything about it.

ps - Don't go there like an ass either or spill the beans that you are from Bullshido. You will not get an unbiased view.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Posted On:
    8/12/2007 4:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Red Elvis, I think I was pretty decent to this guy in my post, considering the first hand information that I have. The information I have about this guy is from very reliable people who have had this guy on the mat. So, I'm not jumping on the bash-wagon as you put, rather, I'm just trying to get more information. I've had a half dozen people, that I like, ask me about him and express interest in training at his place. I think I owe it to my friends to check this guy out and give them some solid feed-back.

Posted On:
    8/12/2007 4:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Red Elvis, I've also been told that he won't roll with any of his students, unless their very obviously new to BJJ. I agree that a trip to his gym is in order. Not sure what to expect, though. I've got some pretty busted up ears so who the hell knows if he'll even roll with me. That's not to say that I'm some bad-ass, but he may not be taking alot of chances, especially with someone who looks like they've trained a while.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/12/2007 4:22pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was told pressure points will kill and chi can knock people out from a distant.

Hunh?

Exactly.

Yes, you may have been nice , Red has a valid point. Go to the school yourself and see if he rolls. If you go and he says no then you can say yep he balked.

The information I have about this guy is from very reliable people who have had this guy on the mat.
    This is secondhand information not firsthand. Firsthand would be a person witnessing or participating in said event.

No, this doesn't make what they said (or you) lies. Just saying, we have a ton of second, third, and fourth hand stories floating around.

Posted On:
    8/12/2007 4:28pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK so you're right, it's second-hand information. Air-tight, iron-clad second hand information, but second hand none-the-less.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2007 5:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's what will happen. You'll go there and you'll come back impressed by how charming and humble he was. Very polite and not at all arrogant. He'll show some basic moves which any blue belt should have mastered, and will come up with some excuse not to roll with you. Either that, or if you don't train gi, he'll offer to roll with the gi and will gi choke you pretty quickly based upon your inexperience in that regard. You will then come back here and cast doubt upon the prior investigation and accusations because "he seemed like a pretty cool guy" and "clearly has some skills".

This is the constant refrain thoughout all of these threads. Obviously, the man has some skills. Marcos, Rigan and Mansor would certainly not back a complete novice by "recognizing" him as a BB.

The problem is, none of this will answer any questions or serve any purpose. What needs to happen is someone needs to go in and take a class, roll with him and then, after class so as not to cause a scene or embarass him in front of his students, hit him with the "hard" (although they should be easy) questions: who gave him his ORIGINAL BB, when did he win the Sao Paulo State championships, when did he win the Brazilian Nationals, etc.

That is what needs to be done, the question is, are you able/willing to do it??? If so, perhaps we can put this matter to rest once and for all.

By the way, all of my info is second hand as well but a great deal of it comes from members of his former academy and from within his own association so I think it carries some weight.

By the way, I personally am glad you started a new thread on this topic as someone who wants to train with the Professor at his new school and who has no knowledge of Sakata (as no reference exists on his web site) would otherwise be left in the dark.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2007 5:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, I think the info MMAfan received from Latta at Hatfield, who said he "wasn't even worthy of a white belt", though perhaps an exageration, was first hand as he apparently had trained with him for a short time during his "remedial training" period.
    Last edited by duckII; 8/12/2007 6:03pm at .
Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast