224568 Bullies, 3285 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 91 to 100 of 106
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Mr. Jones is offline
    Mr. Jones's Avatar

    resident sick ****

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,309

    Posted On:
    8/27/2007 3:17pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I do hate karate.

    Amusing the promoter for this show is a bareknuckle karate champ and runs the whole shidokan thing down here. I actually asked him about the possibility of doing some korotty matches, a prospect he was really excited about as apparently there is a massive shortage of korotty girls.

    And thus i shall prove that korotty is weak sauce.
    You can prove Karate is weak sauce but all the men in the audience will boo at you if you beat this girl up.



    カンフー
  2. Torakaka is offline
    Torakaka's Avatar

    Do you eat breakfast?

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,658

    Posted On:
    8/27/2007 5:40pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by From Bell2Bell
    You fought well, if you'd had a little more gas in your tank I think you could have beat her, even though she is a bit heavier.
    Thanks Brian, and thanks a million for being in my corner. You were a big help even if it didn't seem like I was doing everything you said haha. And of course thanks for the support, it means a lot.

    It just wasn't my day. She would be a challenging match for me either way, though I think I could win with a better fight strategy on a day where I'm feeling 100%. I felt pretty out of my element against someone with her fighting style that stays low and throws overhands, especially without the ability to throw knees (I was expecting K-1 rules, otherwise I would've) trained more boxing). But yeah, she's strong, aggressive and hits hard so it'd be tough for me in either case. We'll see how it goes when I eventually do a rematch.

    My next fight, though, I'm going to make sure I match up with someone between 120-125lbs.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
  3. TEA is offline
    TEA's Avatar

    Now iz BBQ Timez?

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    BFNTX
    Posts
    2,764

    Posted On:
    8/28/2007 1:58pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula
    She would be a challenging match for me either way, though I think I could win with a better fight strategy on a day where I'm feeling 100%.
    Not to bag on you, because I know you're a solid fighter, but I've heard similar and said similar myself after most of my losses. Actually, I don't think I've ever lost and said to myself afterwards, "****, that guy totally outclassed me and kicked my ass."
  4. MastaChance is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lawrenceville, Ga
    Posts
    802

    Posted On:
    8/28/2007 2:14pm


     Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do I get an Amateur fighter tag?
  5. From Bell2Bell is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    478

    Posted On:
    8/28/2007 2:27pm


     Style: The Sweet Science

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula
    Thanks Brian, and thanks a million for being in my corner. You were a big help even if it didn't seem like I was doing everything you said haha. And of course thanks for the support, it means a lot.

    It just wasn't my day. She would be a challenging match for me either way, though I think I could win with a better fight strategy on a day where I'm feeling 100%. I felt pretty out of my element against someone with her fighting style that stays low and throws overhands, especially without the ability to throw knees (I was expecting K-1 rules, otherwise I would've) trained more boxing). But yeah, she's strong, aggressive and hits hard so it'd be tough for me in either case. We'll see how it goes when I eventually do a rematch.

    My next fight, though, I'm going to make sure I match up with someone between 120-125lbs.


    Any time, I had a blast doing it:happy: I just hope I did a half-way decent job, that's the first time I've ever done anything like that. I'm looking forward to seeing the rematch; I'm willing to be you'll get your revenge if it happens.
  6. MastaChance is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lawrenceville, Ga
    Posts
    802

    Posted On:
    8/28/2007 2:40pm


     Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brian is cornering Kickboxing now, what? I thought you only did boxing?
  7. Torakaka is offline
    Torakaka's Avatar

    Do you eat breakfast?

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,658

    Posted On:
    8/28/2007 2:53pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA
    Not to bag on you, because I know you're a solid fighter, but I've heard similar and said similar myself after most of my losses. Actually, I don't think I've ever lost and said to myself afterwards, "****, that guy totally outclassed me and kicked my ass."
    There are a few opponents I've fought who DID just totally kick my ass, one of which I would not consider rematching due to a big size discrepancy, the other I would consider rematching after I've won a bunch more fights.

    I've rematched an opponent before and had a total turn around in the results and I think I could make the same happen with this opponent and thus I will probably try and make a rematch happen at some point. That's all I'm saying.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
  8. From Bell2Bell is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    478

    Posted On:
    8/28/2007 3:00pm


     Style: The Sweet Science

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    Brian is cornering Kickboxing now, what? I thought you only did boxing?

    That's right, all I do these days is box. Kat was there also, but she wasn't feeling well so they asked me to help out.
  9. MastaChance is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lawrenceville, Ga
    Posts
    802

    Posted On:
    8/28/2007 3:22pm


     Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by From Bell2Bell
    That's right, all I do these days is box. Kat was there also, but she wasn't feeling well so they asked me to help out.
    Cool, I think cornerman are only good for support, I never hear anything my corner says when i fight, lol...There also good for water, and cuts and stuff, but it is hard to listen to there advice.
  10. Torakaka is offline
    Torakaka's Avatar

    Do you eat breakfast?

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,658

    Posted On:
    8/28/2007 6:49pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    Cool, I think cornerman are only good for support, I never hear anything my corner says when i fight, lol...There also good for water, and cuts and stuff, but it is hard to listen to there advice.

    Eh, I have to disagree with you on this one. Your corner people are there watching what's going on in the fight from an outside perspective. They're your extra set of eyes and they can probably see openings and weaknesses in you and in your opponent that you're not seeing. If they're leaving their legs open or not defending leg kicks then your corner can tell you to capitalize on it if you haven't been. If you're leaving yourself open for a counter because of something you're doing they can tell you to change that. If you need to up your work rate because you got out pointed the last round they will let you know.

    I know when I fight there's a lot I don't think to do during the fight that I realize I should have done when watching the video and it seems obvious in hindsight, but when you're in there and your adrenaline is pumping and you have punches and kicks flying at you, you're not really thinking as clearly as you might.

    When you're in that fight or flight mode that being in the ring puts you through it's easy to forget about your corner and just do your own thing, but you're really just discarding a valuable tool. I find it easy enough to pick out my corner's familiar voice when I'm fighting. I just often don't do what I'm told because I'm feeling fatigued and don't have confidence in my ability to do what's being said to me. When I DO listen to my corner, though, I more often than not have successful results.


    edit: and while Brian doesn't really know anything about kicking, his knowledge of boxing and boxing strategy gives him a basis for how I can take advantage of certain openings my opponent was presenting. Especially given that the rule set made it more than 50% a boxing match.
    Last edited by Torakaka; 8/28/2007 6:52pm at .
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.