Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 5:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BEHOLD: Erle Montague

Erle Montaigue

Now I used the search function and theres only a little bit of info about Erle Montague. Its Mostly written pre youtube days - and since then, Erle, or one of his students, or somebody, has been busily putting up material on youtube for all the world to see.

Oh, and he calls himself 'Montaigue' but I reckon he had his name changed to make it more like Tai chi.

Behold:

Leaping Qi Disruptive Form
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlzDR-YH4_U

Fighting Against A Grappler
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvf6MAV3vBA

Knife Defence
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPP2aJFFPvA

The things I love about Erle:
    His students all have long hair and look like hippies
    He spends ages talking, and his students lose concentration, thats when Erle Attacks!
    He kind of gets really big and grows a santa beard in some videos and then he gets skinny again (seriously theres like a hundred videos of this guy on youtube watch the evolution of the hair/beard/gut).

"toe to the neck" .
    Last edited by Arhetton; 8/09/2007 5:22am at .

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 6:29am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Plus he gets out of breath just talking and waving his arms about. Against a grappler is my favourite! Thanks for reminding me about this douche.

Random story: He offered to fight the Gracie family. Renzo was in Australia on seminars. He called him up and offered to fight Erle under certain safe conditions, for his safety. Erle said "No, I'm not interested in your puny sport fighting. It's a fight to the death with no rules, or nothing." Renzo said "No rules? No problem." Of course, Mr. Montague slimed his way out of it.

I think that's how it goes, anyway.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Prophet of Apathy

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 6:43am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by supercrap

Renzo was in Australia on seminars. He called him up and offered to fight Erle under certain safe conditions, for his safety. Erle said "No, I'm not interested in your puny sport fighting. It's a fight to the death with no rules, or nothing."
    Every time I think how much the Gracies sound like arseholes I have to remind myself how many times they've had to hear this mantra in their lifetimes.

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 6:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The 'against a grappler' video is fantastic. Toe in the neck!

I just love how he keeps talking and talking in his demonstrations, then he demonstrates a half baked move. Its fantastic. He never spars for a full minute or anything, its always 3 seconds of waving his arms around and then he's back to talking. I think hes talking to reinforce himself more than anyone else.

If you actually listen to what he says in some videos, its simply rediculous.

Like in the first video, he says there is a masculine way to wave your arms around, and a femine way. And it literally wouldn't work if they did it the wrong way around. In one of the techniques he demonstrates, he says males knee with the right leg, and females knee with the left leg! How bizarre!

I love the gracie challenge lol.

I've seen another video where he thinks he can knockout someones teeth using the blade of his fingers from the side (some sort of finger slash). Correct me if I'm wrong but sometimes a good whack directly to the teeth doesn't always knock teeth out, let alone the austin powers judo chop.

In his Qi power demonstration of a punch, he suggests that you turn the hip away from the punch at the last moment, to generate more force... ?? how?

He's a hippy from N.S.W australia I love it!

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 7:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    uhm i don't get the toe to the neck part...how would that go?

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 7:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dunno he believes in alot of weird stuff. He claims to have practically invented dim mak!

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.taijiworld.com/about_me/about_me.htm
    He because the first Westerner to introduce Dim-Mak to the Western World with his books from the early 80's and also DVD productions. Prior to Erle's productions, there were only a couple of small and insignificant half heated books written and published in China on Dim-Mak as not many ever received the real transmission. Even now, Erle's books on Dim-Mak are the ruler for all others and all other books on Dim-Mak have taken from Erle's work. Many so-called masters say that they knew it all along, but sales records show that they have all bought Erle's work. One extremely famous Chinese Master in the USA who wears the silk suite and Niki shoes recently bought Erle's MTG3 DVD on the Pauchui San-Sau form and then put out his own DVD title on that form. However, Erle, being Erle, has changed some things in the original form so that they work much better and sure enough, this master has re-created these changes in his own DVD titles. So we know positively that this person learnt from Erle Montaigue's DVD!
    Clearly he hasn't heard of CPR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyc-7PP1vUk

lolcats more "boxing"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kblv6c5_lw

Hey it turns out that erle can hold a tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4nHvMzfosg

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 7:30am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last time i saw the big Lebowski, the Dude was still cool...

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 7:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh wow...the video of Erle singing reminded me of the Kelly family..for those unfamiliar with that family..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVkDf6brE3E

oh and note that the boxing video is at the same location as his band performance...isnt that bad chi?
    Last edited by Lebell; 8/09/2007 7:37am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 7:44am

Style: VT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy has a areally big following. People travel from all over the World to Australia and take part in these ridiculous Summercamps.

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 7:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    the video of Erle singing reminded me of the Kelly family..for those unfamiliar with that family..
    WOW.

They all have fabio hair lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    oh and note that the boxing video is at the same location as his band performance...isnt that bad chi?
    Man thats pretty observant. You don't don a cape and cowl at night do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bear1980
    This guy has a areally big following. People travel from all over the World to Australia and take part in these ridiculous Summercamps.
    I didn't know that - haha! He's moved to the UK now it says so on his site.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast