225228 Bullies, 4510 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 15 of 15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. sempaiman is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    1,454

    Posted On:
    8/09/2007 8:59am


     Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why don't you just go to his school and ask him to show you if he is legit...
  2. daGorilla is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA area
    Posts
    1,043

    Posted On:
    8/09/2007 9:54am


     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Yet, you post a question here on a website ready to believe what we say.

    Circular logic for the win.

    Red is right look up the names, make phone calls, send emails. Then come here and ask for help. Be happy Red was in a sporting mood to help you out. Many wouldn't.
    This isn't a criticism of you, It Is Fake, but your quote does illustrate what I see as a central problem with Bullshido as a whole.

    * Bullshido wants to be the central "stamping out martial arts BS" site on the Internet, which it has arguably achieved to some degree.

    * However, anyone (read: noobs) who posts is esentially slapped around/ criticized/ told to F- off and help themselves before seeking help here. Bullshido helps those who help themselves -- but those who help themselves don't really need Bullshido.

    I'm not saying we should all be shiny, happy people or eliminate personal involvement and accountability for people to lazy to do it themselves.

    However, it seems to me that Bullshido is its own worst enemy in trying to achieve its goals and becoming more useful, helpful, and respected on the Internet as a source for good information that will help people avoid crappy martial arts schools.
  3. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,977

    Posted On:
    8/09/2007 10:07am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daGorilla
    This isn't a criticism of you, It Is Fake, but your quote does illustrate what I see as a central problem with Bullshido as a whole.

    * Bullshido wants to be the central "stamping out martial arts BS" site on the Internet, which it has arguably achieved to some degree.

    * However, anyone (read: noobs) who posts is esentially slapped around/ criticized/ told to F- off and help themselves before seeking help here. Bullshido helps those who help themselves -- but those who help themselves don't really need Bullshido.

    I'm not saying we should all be shiny, happy people or eliminate personal involvement and accountability for people to lazy to do it themselves.

    However, it seems to me that Bullshido is its own worst enemy in trying to achieve its goals and becoming more useful, helpful, and respected on the Internet as a source for good information that will help people avoid crappy martial arts schools.
    No I took his response to Red's help as shitty. I still stand by that. Red gave him some answers instead of cool thanks, he gets a snarky response.

    He gets
    People can say anything they want to on a website. I don't know him or anything about him other than what is posted on his website.
    Red pulls everything up and gives him a little lecture and he still acts like an ass.
    So, in part you a minutely right. A large majority of us help me included. Doesn't mean we have to be nice when someone is being a dick. When he got a nasty kick in his pants he found everything he needed correct?

    Yes, I was an ass but I told him what else he could do right?
  4. Red Elvis is offline
    Red Elvis's Avatar

    Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Soviet State Of Kalifornia
    Posts
    2,201

    Posted On:
    8/09/2007 7:54pm

    supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daGorilla
    I'm not saying we should all be shiny, happy people or eliminate personal involvement and accountability for people to lazy to do it themselves.

    However, it seems to me that Bullshido is its own worst enemy in trying to achieve its goals and becoming more useful, helpful, and respected on the Internet as a source for good information that will help people avoid crappy martial arts schools.
    I can understand your argument daGorilla but lately there’s been a rash of stupid posts and it gets old. The OP posted regarding the legitimacy of an instructor at a reputable school. No problem or issue here. In fact in post #2 I make simple points as a response on why someone would question his legitimacy. I am being cordial at this point. However the response I get is this:

    Quote Originally Posted by SFC
    People can say anything they want to on a website. I don't know him or anything about him other than what is posted on his website.
    I apologize if I offend some people but ****. In post #2 I just gave him simple bullet points for him to research. Instead he takes the lazy way out instead of just confessing that he’s new to MA or saying something along the lines of “I’m new to martial arts and don’t recognize those people” or “how would I go about researching more about him”. Now, that just irritates me to no end. I agree that not everybody has all the answers or knows everything but come on. People should at least TRY and get more info especially when I just handed him some roadmaps. We shouldn’t have to write a fucking essay on who these guys are and give a computer tutorial on Google every time a noob asks a question? If he didn’t know who those people were he has but to Google their names and do a little searching. It took me all of 3 minutes to find James on Sherdog, Paulson’s site and Vunak’s site. If I had no idea about what Front Site was or who Vunak was it would take but 5 minutes more to learn about them and what they do. As for the failed search attempts, he needs to brush up on his Google-Fu.
    .
    :icon_twis
    .

    To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness
  5. Red Elvis is offline
    Red Elvis's Avatar

    Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Soviet State Of Kalifornia
    Posts
    2,201

    Posted On:
    8/09/2007 8:02pm

    supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFC
    If you guys had done your homework by looking at some of my other posts before you posted then you would see that I know nothing about MA and so I don't know to what extent people lie and how they do it. Perhaps you should listen to yourselves.
    This is a gem. WE should have done OUR homework to find out about the OP to answer a question HE has in which HE has not done his homework.

    Is it just me or is this a joke? :dontknow:

    Seriously, this site has plenty of answers but;
    1. It's not hippy happy playland and
    2. People should take an active role.

    I have no doubt SFC that you will now make a fine addition to our happy home if you haven't been run off by some very mild noob welcoming.

    I miss the days when Omega would just berate NoObs to get their skin toughened up. Now they all wanna be happy flowers. :icon_sunn :5shocking

    ps... SFC, You should have paid more attention to the OmegaBot in your other threads, it used to be a lot worse prior to the bots and NewbieTown.

    Quote Originally Posted by BJJbot
    Welcome aboard, SFC! The Bullshido staff would welcome you personally, but the thing is they’re busy keeping the peace, so they’ve apointed me, a bot, to pat you on the back and assure you that in no way will you be harmed during your stay here at BS.net. Your views on the martial arts, your philosphy, maybe even your entire reason for being will be challenged, shattered, reorganized, melted down, and forged into something new and shiny, but we swear it will only hurt a little bit… at first.
    Quote Originally Posted by AikidoBot
    We knew you could do it! SFC posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.
    Last edited by Red Elvis; 8/09/2007 8:14pm at .
    .
    :icon_twis
    .

    To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.