Have you been by his school at all?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 2:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: I don't

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NO. I have been trying to get hold of them for the past couple days. I don't believe it is his studio.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 5:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, what part of the country are you in? What are you looking for in a martial art?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 5:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Orange county, ca

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 5:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my first post I mention it:

"I need something that is going to fill my gap in self-defense. What is that gap? The gap that occurs when I don't have enough time to pull my gun, or I need to buy time to pull my gun."

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 7:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would help if I read, right? Have you considered judo? There have to be some great places to learn some grappling out there.

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 8:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFC
    In my first post I mention it:

"I need something that is going to fill my gap in self-defense. What is that gap? The gap that occurs when I don't have enough time to pull my gun, or I need to buy time to pull my gun."
    Dump the USSD guy and go see James. Trust me. You mentioned using MA in combination with weapons so there you have it. James has the empty hand plus the weapons skills that you need without the RBSD bullshit that's out there. USSD will give you a good horse stance.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2007 10:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I need something that is going to fill my gap in self-defense. What is that gap? The gap that occurs when I don't have enough time to pull my gun, or I need to buy time to pull my gun.
    Please, I'm not saying I'm an expert, but haven taken an entire year of American Kenpo, (I know, you're doing Shaolin, same trash different name) and earning (LOL) my Purple Belt, I have only one thing to say about all Ke?po systems in general, THEY'RE TRASH!!!

Practicing pre arranged six step dance moves are not gonna help you in a real fight, or a "Stick Up" for that matter.

And why do you think you need to learn gun defense? And what are they gonna teach you? I'm sure it goes something around the lines of being compliant towards the person holding a gun at you, and then "attack" at them at while they look away or something. The only gun defense that works is the wisdom to stay out of the "hood" and to be aware of your surroundings.

Please, if your looking for a way to defend your self, stop on by your local boxing gym (not your local "Kickboxing Studio" that teaches Tae Kwon Do) and learn to throw a few punches. Or if your really lucky, see if you can find your self a MMA school.

EDIT: took out the carrying guns around joke, kind of offensive, sorry.
    Last edited by Christian_; 9/06/2007 6:52pm at .

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 6:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... or you can go try James' school. SFC, when are you going to go by James' school to try it out?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 8:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shaolin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I need something that is going to fill my gap in self-defense. What is that gap? The gap that occurs when I don't have enough time to pull my gun, or I need to buy time to pull my gun.

I started working with a guy that teaches kenpo, he calls it shaolin kenpo but as I understand there really isn't such a thing. I have taken one private class so I'm not married to the guy and he came highly recommend by my brother-in-law who trained with him and seems to be one of the few respected guys in the USSD system. PLEASE DON"T START UP ABOUT USSD!

Do you guys think I'm on the right path or should I be checking out something else?

Thanks.
    Glad you saw there is no shaolin in their system. Most of their instructors at ussd think they are teaching shaolin kung fu. Stay away from ussd! Your yellow and orange belt test IS $60 EACH!!!!!!!!!
    It's also $225 a month for lessons. Run away from this McDojo !!!!!!!!!!!!! Find an Ed Parker dojo or wing chun, Jeet kune do school. Just stay away from a USSD school. Their street fighting will get your ass killed on the street.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast