Sponsored Links Spacer Image

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    8/19/2007 4:28pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Regardless of whether the reporter is right...Boyd is claiming that Maynard is further trying to exploit Georgia's rules by advocating that he be treated as always on the ground. Neither Maynard or his attorneys argued that this should be the case. If he were to fight and it was treated as such, he could not be blamed for it as he didn't ask to be treated that way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2007 5:51pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maynard is a hero. There's no two ways around it. Who can honestly say they've got those kind of balls? That wold be like me fighting a 700 pound gorilla. If I were to do that would you blame me for "manipulating the ruleset" by asking that the gorilla's teeth be corked so he at least can't bite me, or would you say "man I really respect that guy for facing impossible odds?" That's not a great analogy but I cvant think of a better one.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    8/19/2007 6:17pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kracker
    Maynard is a hero. There's no two ways around it. Who can honestly say they've got those kind of balls? That wold be like me fighting a 700 pound gorilla. If I were to do that would you blame me for "manipulating the ruleset" by asking that the gorilla's teeth be corked so he at least can't bite me, or would you say "man I really respect that guy for facing impossible odds?" That's not a great analogy but I cvant think of a better one.
    What an awful comparison you've made. Yes i would abso-fucking-lutely fault you for corking the ape's teeth. If you want to fight an ape, then you fight the ape with all his weapons. It's retarded either way, but especially the way you've described. There's a video on here now of some douche fighting a de-clawed, de-toothed bear. Is a a hero too? I mean, it is still impossible odds after all. Get the **** out of here with that. And you may get some kind of inspiration from Maynard, but he is not a fucking hero. People use that word way too loosely and it's fucking ridiculous.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    8/19/2007 7:07pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    If he were to fight and it was treated as such, he could not be blamed for it as he didn't ask to be treated that way.
    Just wanted to highlight the crux of the argument.

We're not training pitbulls to go into the ring and fight, we're training human beings. Sure more of us are dicks than the average population but realistically we take money to fight, that has to forgive us for some stupid behavior. The issue is how his potential opponent will 'treat' him. Nothing more, nothing less.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Posted On:
    8/19/2007 10:01pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GOod for him but really, he shouldn't have claim to fame anywhere other then georgia for this reason.

He can't be submitted, though he can't strike back effectively.

But at the same time, all fights will have to start on the ground.

Will his opponent be allowed to kneel down and hit him?

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/19/2007 10:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm telling you that genetic malformatiosn can happen to anybody.
    I would like everyone to think long and hard about this sentence.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/19/2007 10:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it is indeed true that Kyle will always be considered a "grounded" opponent and there are no strikes allowed on the ground... wouldn't this just be another grappling match? What's the point of calling it an MMA match if the only thing either fighter can do is grapple? Is this point still up in the air or what?
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    8/19/2007 10:39pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula
    If it is indeed true that Kyle will always be considered a "grounded" opponent and there are no strikes allowed on the ground... wouldn't this just be another grappling match? What's the point of calling it an MMA match if the only thing either fighter can do is grapple? Is this point still up in the air or what?
    No head strikes on the ground, body strikes are allowed.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/19/2007 10:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So... a grappling match with punches to the body more or less. It'd be kind of sad for this to be passed off as an MMA match. I honestly don't see what the appeal is for Maynard to go for an "MMA" match when it's barely different from what he's already doing, other than an appealing headline.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    8/19/2007 11:14pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    I would like everyone to think long and hard about this sentence.
    Do you mean beyond the grammatical "malformatiosn"?

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast