Id love to see him fight in japan.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 8:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd love to see him fight in Rio Heroes.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 8:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClintEQ
    Yeah. It's fucking retarded that a guy with a disability follow his athletic dreams instead of caring that the rest of us are squeaumish and don't approve of him. He knows the risks. He's not asking you to watch.
    YES.
    HE.
    IS.

How dense are you people? Do you all seriously believe Maynard is anything more than a mediocre wrestler and a professional cripple? Do you not see how Maynard is cynically leveraging his disability to run the talk show circuit and, conveniently enough, promote his NO EXCUSES LIFESTYLE (now available in paperback and audiobooks)?

Maynard isn't a hero. The risks for him competing in MMA are virtually nonexistant, the rewards are tremendous, and Maynard knows this. It doesn't matter if he competes, it doesn't matter if he wins or looses. All that matters is he's successfully convinced legions of people he's an American hero and not just an average wrestler with a penchant for exploiting rulesets.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 8:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boyd wins. Thread over.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    8/18/2007 10:00pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    Boyd wins. Thread over.
    Read this thread on the same topic. If it's possible to win a thread more than once, Boyd pulls it off here.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...58#post1533658

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    8/19/2007 12:48am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unless you wrote the ruleset, any and all complaints about you "exploiting" the ruleset are bullshit. Simple truth.

There's no difference between that and the standard MMA "exploiting the ruleset" nonsense:

*That wrestler just pinned that guy against the cage; he was just exploiting the ruleset, he's not the better fighter.
    *That wrestler held that striker down for three rounds and smothered his offense completely, but he didn't try to submit him, so he was just exploiting the ruleset, he's not the better fighter.
    *That guy threw elbows and got a lucky cut; he was just exploiting the ruleset.
    Etc. etc. etc.

Ridiculous. The guy didn't amputate his limbs so he could have some supposed loophole advantage in a sport. He was born, he grew up, and he wanted to compete. He looked at what he had and what he didn't, and he decided wrestling was a good fit for him.

I was the biggest kid in my school when I was a freshman in high school, and I couldn't throw, catch or hit a ball with a bat to save my life, so I took up American football. I liked it and I was good at it. The way the game was played gave a significant advantage to a big man who could be quick and think on his feet. I guess I was just exploiting the ruleset, though.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    8/19/2007 1:05am

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So whats the name of that other tough guy quad amputee who anally raped boyd. Cause that would seem like a good matchup maybe.

Posted On:
    8/19/2007 1:15am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boyd wins. Thread over.
    Agreed...

I was the biggest kid in my school when I was a freshman in high school, and I couldn't throw, catch or hit a ball with a bat to save my life, so I took up American football. I liked it and I was good at it. The way the game was played gave a significant advantage to a big man who could be quick and think on his feet.
    Right, but let's be honest here...you played football, you were not the football. Now do I blame him for taking a "disability" and using it as an advantage to make some money, gain some fame? No. Is he inspiring? Sure. But where is the line going to be drawn?

It reminds me of people (so called parents in some cases) telling kids: "It's ok if your fat Johnny, it's whats inside that counts"...bullshit, it's not ok when Johnny dies at 30 because people were scared they might hurt his feelings.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2007 2:41am

Style: sadness and tears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just get him to fight a midget

sorry, whats the pc term?

midget

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/19/2007 3:24am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever happened to the good ol' Carny days when freaks were stuffed in cages, fed kibble , and people paid two bits to look at them? Now they seem to think they can "do" stuff. The worlds gone mad.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast