Posted On:
    8/10/2007 1:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Alexander
    I'll heed your advice.
    The relavent threads should take you a while, enjoy.

Do keep in mind, for as many "Adam Alexander read this or die" threads I've read, I haven't stumbled on anything remotely similar to what I'm suggesting...or guiding principles
    Keep reading, you obviously haven't found the right stickies yet.

...and I've been here a few days...
    A whole few days, gosh, that long. I lurked for 4 months before I even registered. I'm just kind of introspective that way.

Do keep in mind, that either you're pandering to each other, or you're trying to help people. I don't care which one you're doing. But, if you're going to dress youself in the wool of assistance, doesn't it seem unusual that a guy who's read a couple hundred threads here hasn't found it helpful? But, quite the contrary?
    I'm curious what threads you might have been reading, YMAS is for comedy, and Trollshido is for outright garbage, but otherwise there are several excellent forums with information and advice from people with years of experience.

It's not about you, it's about the consumer...then again, I guess it's about you...
    Since we are the consumer, yes it is about us, and everyone else that thinks the school in question might be worth spending money on.

If you read the right threads, you may even find something worthwhile here.
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 1:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As long as you understand I'm correct.

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 1:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Alexander
    As long as you understand I'm correct.
    Even a blind squirrel gets a nut, once in a while.
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 1:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FickleFingerOfFate
    Even a blind squirrel gets a nut, once in a while.
    I thought your troll-putation was stronger. Oh well...

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 1:54pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, we obviously see you don't read the stickies. You would know trolling MABS, which you are in, can lead to banning.

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 3:51pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=Adam Alexander]

Pardon me, I was under the assumption that you folks would appreciate irony. It was a joke...along with most of the post. I was trying to offer it lightly. Apparently humor only works when you're agreeing with the flock.

Pardon me but your sense of irony could easily be mistook for passive agressiveness.

I often get into it with the proverbial flock here but sometimes the flock is right. Besides you really believe that this teacher was violated in some fundamental respect because a student wants to communicate with a bunch of other users of martial arts services on a forum. I guess I am the opposite extreme... I get all misty eyed and love the fact that people who come in and have an interest in my class actually have some knowledge and can compare what I do to someone else who is peddling BS. The love i have for the martial arts is only eclipsed by the knowledge that I will not have to deconstruct absurdities that the potential student has... as a matter of fact I will make it a standard policy for students to read these boards. Read the sections on Dillman and I won't have to deal with questions about unseen forces, read the sections on realistic training and I won't have to make my techniques finish with an ending that looks like a Jet Li movie to impress upon you the value of the techniques being taught.

Your entitled to your opinion but I really think that if you ever taught martial arts you may be amazed to find that even the kindest students in the class have a hidden agenda, various issues, etc. A teacher has to be above that when she assumes the role of teacher. In a word YOU ARE SCRUTINIZED!! You are being held up as an example, evaluated, compared, etc. If this teacher thinks this is underhanded he is niave at the very least. And many teachers who can't deal with this reality set up a little clique around them like a secretary who is sympathetic, a cult of worship, etc. These same teachers use the arts they teach to insulate them more than to teach what they were designed to teach.

Anyhow believe as you will my friend, but I hardly think you are getting the short end of the stick. Frankly I think that under the circumstances people have been mellow towards you.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 6:53pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    More likely they are saying Shiken Haramitsu Daikomyo is standard for Takamatsu-den schools.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Probably. What does it mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    Roughly: "May everything I encounter lead to my enlightment"
    Wrong...

Stupid idiots messing with things they don't understand...
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456