Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 12:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: KUK SOOL WON/KUNG FU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now guys and gals. Im opening my own martial arts school, this guy is my sensei jackson is going to be my head instructor. Totally korean based and traditional. He is a former world champion. Check out this video and tell me what you think. YouTube- LIVING COLOUR - Jim Carey-Karate Instructor

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 7:44am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought it would be a good thing to do this by the numbers. You see sir, this is Bullshido. Things work a bit differently here. We ask questions, and when the answers don't make sense, we ask more questions.

<<<Call it what ever you will>>>

The problem is, I am not calling it. HE calls it Chinese Martial Arts. Yet, NO LEGITIMATE Chinese martial art sifu, would EVER use Japanese terms. Do you know what they call Tai Otoshi when you study judo in Russia? Or France? Or Turkey? Tai Otoshi. That is the point. Traditional Chinese martial arts are NOT taught with Japanese terms. As such, WHATEVER Mr. Brown is teaching, its NOT traditional Chinese martial arts.

<<<It's still a great place (probably the best place) To learn martial arts weather it be japanese or chinese, it's still just martial arts.>>>

This of course is the standard line, made famous around here by NAAMA when they say "Martial arts are known by many names all over the world; be it Judo, Karate, Jujitsu, etc, they are all Martial Arts and they are all the same." Clearly this is a fatuous assertion made by one of the largest Bullshido programs (NAAMA) ever. To assert it here creates a connection best avoided.

<<<I have been to many a places in the recent years here in texas. Ive practiced at Gracie Barra schools down here, Green power ranger school (Rising sun,HAHAHA, It was laughable.) And a kuk sool won school and I'll tell ya even if y'all think your being scammed there, Trust me these so called "legit places" can't even come close to what you can learn there.>>

Problem is, one does not excuse the other. This web site is filled with stories of Bullshido programs all over the world. We have no way to know anything about the programs you saw. I know about the program you are praising because I have personally seen their demo's, and their "ground fighting" clinic from years back. If you think that is great stuff, you need to get out more.

<<<So if you people think sifu is a fraud, then I say probably the best experienced fraud i have ever had the pleasure of practicing with in my life.>>>

Again, perhaps you need to get out more. I do not "think" sifu is a fraud. I KNOW he is not teaching legitimate traditional chinese martial arts as he claims.

<<<And trust me, ive being practicing for about 14 years, I know what Im looking at.>>>

Your appeal based on 14 years of what? I suggest you don't care what you are looking at, because you have drank the kool-aid. :ohyea7qh:

I am waiting to hear what Angelo says about the BJJ guy. But simply put, anyone looking to train in legitimate TCMA is not going to find it there.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 8:47am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whats wrong with cool aid?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 9:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no such thing as real kung fu honestly. Few and far between. The truth is that many of the people now adays that teach "kung fu" or any hard soft art, were first practicing hard styles for many many years. So it would probably be safe to say that most kung fu schools are not traditional kung fu schools. But it doesn't change the fact that it is still a good school.

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 7:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IXxAZAZELxXI View Post
    There is no such thing as real kung fu honestly. Few and far between. The truth is that many of the people now adays that teach "kung fu" or any hard soft art, were first practicing hard styles for many many years. So it would probably be safe to say that most kung fu schools are not traditional kung fu schools. But it doesn't change the fact that it is still a good school.
    Well, now we will have to define "good." Before I do, it is interesting that you want to rush past the simple truth that Mr. Brown is NOT a legitimate Chinese Martial art school. This is NOT about hard or soft; it is about where the techniques came from; who taught them to him, etc.

You see, this is the problem with martial arts vs martial sports. So lets define good, ok?

Is this school the best place to train in MMA? Well, of course not. They do not have a program, they are not turning out MMA fighters, they have no MMA champions to claim this program is why they are winning.

Shhhh... stay with me, my point will be clear in a moment.

Is this school the best place to study BJJ/GJJ? For this discussion lets say you guys really do have the highest ranked BJJ black belt in the state. I really doubt it; but ok. How did your team do at the last BJJ open here in Michigan? NO legit BJJ black belt would say "we are to deadly to spar" well the Gracies are kinda moving in that direction but I digress. What championships has this man won? NO legitimate BJJ black belt will be without a solid competition record. I suspect those medals are going to be lacking, which is why the rank claim is flummery. Where is your team? Where are the gold medals? BJJ/GJJ is a martial sport, and they believe in contest to test the people. As such, this school would NOT be the best place to train in grappling arts.

Combatives? The "real deadly?" 99.999% of all schools claiming to teach this are full of crap. Michigan is a "shall issue" state. Real combatives here begins with a licensed firearm and goes from there. Combative programs that are not taught by legitimate military/LEO types, with MAJOR time spent on the law both before and after the crisis are simply a waste of time and very likely to be taught by the Ralph Severe types of the world.

By now I am sure you are saying "we don't claim to teach that." Fair enough, you don't. You claim to be teaching "Chinese Martial Arts." Problem is, I have shown why that can not possibly be true, as no legitimate Chinese Martial art school would be using Japanese terms.

So we are left with...... what ever "chop suey" program is being taught there. It is true, I have no idea what is being taught there now...

...but I do know, what is NOT being taught there.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 8:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't been there in 2 years so im not sure what is going on there now. Perhaps if they change the name to "school of almost but not always chinese martial arts" would this make you happier???? Try fitting that on a t-shirt right?

Posted On:
    3/02/2010 1:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't been there in 2 years so im not sure what is going on there now. Perhaps if they change the name to "school of almost but not always chinese martial arts" would this make you happier???? Try fitting that on a t-shirt right?
    Perhaps we should look into his background and find out exactly what his legitimate TCMA history is? As I said, I know what it is not.

Perhaps "Brown's version of Chinese Martial Arts?" That would fit on a T-shirt nicely, and looks better than "Brown's I made this up myself Chinese Chop Suey!"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/03/2010 2:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well if he did make it up him self, He put together a very very well rounded self defense system

Posted On:
    3/03/2010 2:07am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well if he did make it up him self, He put together a very very well rounded self defense system
    Yes, EVERYONE makes that claim.

Notice how you no longer attempt to refute my points, just say his stuff is a great self-defense system. :nobodycar

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/09/2010 1:31am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just don't really care to dispute anything, Just bored really. who am I to tell you what to believe???