Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 10:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hamdem Ct Mantis Kung Fu

I can't rave enough about this place. I go there when I can when I visit my friend (live out of state). This place is really out of a movie. The instructor is the real deal. He's an ex russian military who trained and lived in China. He speaks fluent manderin and definitely knows his stuff. The training is very traditional yet very practical. He blends practical mantis boxing with russian sambo. It's a little small and maybe could use more people (but you're getting more personalized instruction). Check it out, you won't regret it.

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 10:17am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know those numerical ratings? They're not based on opinion, there are actual criteria for each one.

Ratings and You - Read This Before Posting Your Review - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

For example, to get a ten in striking and grappling you would need "superior excellence including A-level competitors/instructors", and a ten in equipment requires "superior equipment (full ring/cage, etc)", which seems a little unlikely if the school size is so small. In fact you've rated gym size a five, which means "we train at the park", so how do you stop people stealing the expensive equipment left out in the open?

The school in question may qualify for all those tens, but it's going to need some verification.

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 10:21am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very good post Evil Solvalou, I didn't know I had a crush on you.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 2:23pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To the OP: How many times have you actually visited this gym? What is roughly the amount of time you've spent training there combined? Do you train in mantis kung fu and/or Sambo when you are not there?

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 8:21am

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the second time i've seen kids birthday parties advertised on a kung fu schools website.

Authentic Kung Fu in Buffalo, NY

http://www.buffalokungfu.com

http://www.laoshierinmarkle.com

Posted On:
    9/15/2010 8:34am

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes I'm very suspicious of schools that claim to have the deadly and also have birthday parties.

Although I should point out that this is the first time I've seen sambo in the same place as childlike wonder.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 11:00am

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with the fact that the OP probably needs to brush up on the ratings system before posting something like this. However, I read through the curriculum and checked out the schedule and if the instructor is any good, this may be a cool school (whether or not it actually deserves any 10 scores.) I wouldn't want to tangle with someone well rounded in both San Shou and Sambo.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    9/16/2010 10:47pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The cost for up to 20 children (including the birthday child) is $175. There is a $15 charge for each additional child. The final number of children will be determined at the end of the party.

You supply the food, cake, juice, goody bags and paper products. (We can supply all paper goods, which are a generic white. Paper goods include plates, cups, napkins, forks and spoons. If a theme is your child's desire, feel free to bring your own supplies.)

I don't get it. Is it 175 dollars for being able to have your bday party at a r34l krotty place? Or for 25 students, 250 bucks. But 175 for 20.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 1:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    duley noted on the ratings. I'd say i very rarely post on forums in general, mostly read on them on free time.

I train in bjj,kravmaga, and wing chun when I can. While I didn't go there for any particular reason other by reccomendation from a friend, I go whenever I'm in town. Regaurdless of style you can learn something and take something away from the instructor. The classes are always exceeding an hour and his instruction is top notch. He does an excellent job in correcting habits and presenting practical applications of mantis and sambo.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    9/17/2010 2:48pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In striking, do you guys compete and have world-class competitors and such? Do you realize thats what a 10 is like? My past school was taught by 11 time world champion and breeds fighters regularly, yet I still rated it under 10 because its fairly new and isn't as established as much as say, ATT. So I rated it a 9.

Steven Segal..
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast