Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2002 4:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmmmmm I am indeed a 4th degree and I am NOT the same person as Sioux Citytkd1. If you people only knew the real Dan Davis you wouldn't be trying to defend him. He portrays himself as someone who he absolutely is not, and I can personally atest to that, can you?

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    10/01/2002 6:24pm

Style: Tai Chi & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You make an excellent point, Interested. On the "Get a Load of This Guy..." thread, I mentioned attending a tournament last weekend. Then, POOF! Out of nowhere, TKD4thDan appears claiming that he saw me there & SCTKD1 becomes a LOT less active on the forum. I saw 2 4th Dan black belts at that tournament. Neither of them should be afraid to state their names. They're very good practitioners who I don't think would give their school the reputation this individual is giving it right now. No, these guys would probably just call me out in person.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2002 6:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw at least 4 4th degree black belts.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2002 6:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you know all of Mrs. D's high ranking student/instructors?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2002 10:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey jackass, i have no idea who or where this tkd4thdan came from. so until you figure your sh*t out with another one who youve seemed to piss off, i would like my "name" left out. the reason i have become less active on the "forum", is due to the fact that i dont have the desire to trade words with someone like yourself, ie wannabe martial artist. i tried to drop "our" sh*t....

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    10/01/2002 11:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you know what I have learned?
    People with TKD in thier names with no background= losers.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2002 11:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, that is it. I happen to know for a fact that there were 2 4th Dans at the tournament. And that SCTKD and 4thDan are the same person. So quit writing on this page and embarrassing yourself and the STC. Get a life, you typed before you went to work, and you are typing once you got home. You have no respect for Martial Arts or Mrs. D and if you dont disclaim who you are BG I will!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2002 8:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it distasteful to even be on this website as it appears to be more of a forum for people who cannot din better ways to contribute their time than is is about 'revealing' faulty martial artists. i have heard about this site, but have avoided it as i would like to consider myself above blasting other people...only adds poison to my life.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    10/02/2002 8:33am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, and correct me if I am wrong Phrost, I believe the original intent of this site was to be a place where people can find if a school's instructor or style is legitimate. We are trying to help people avoid being ripped off by shady instructors. Unfortunately flames happen and there is nothing we can do about that. The original thread was to see if Brian Lay is indeed who he says he is. I have called the Shidokan several times in trying to verify his rank, but have not heard back yet. I keep getting the ususal I will talk to the president and get back to you speech. So we are still waiting.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2002 9:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it distasteful to even be on this website as it appears to be more of a forum for people who cannot find better ways to contribute their time than is is about 'revealing' faulty martial artists. I have heard about this site, but have avoided it as i would like to consider myself above blasting other people...only adds poison to my life.
    However, in defense of a couple of my 4th degrees, I wanted to clear a couple of things up. I will not visit this site again, so any slamming anyone has to do of me will be out of sight, out of mind. Thankfuly, my life is about more than what other people have to say about me. I know who I am and what I am about. I don't need to spend endless time verbally arguing with others to confirm that. My definition of black belt goes way beyond being able to kick/hit/choke the crap out of others.
    Dan Davis, this is Anne Docarmo of the Siouxland Taekwondo Center, and I am well aware of who you are implicating as being one of these writers. First, both of my fourth degrees were teachng WITH me at the exact time of the initial posting from tkd4thdan. On top of that , one of those 4th degrees lost his brother less than 2 weeks ago and is dealing with the issues of loss in his life...barely has time to catch up with his load at work and continues to contribute time either teaching or working out nearly every night of the week not to mention the amount of time he is devoting to his father and sister. Getting on this website is hardly a priority for him at this point in life, I can vouch for the amount of time he has been at the tkd school either through class attendance cards or time cards. You are right, though, he is of a better caliber than to lower himself to mcdojo antics. My other 4th degree did not fight this weekend, so there is no misunderstanding who you are directing your comments to.
    As for tkd4thdan or siouxcitytkd1, I don't know who you are, but don't even imagine that you represent my views, my school, or my instructors. Any instructor of mine enjoying these antics can find themselves another place to work out. I hope you are not someone I know or someone with a direct relationship with my school. What a total disappointment in my ability to communicate what a total martial artist should be srtiving for. It sure isn't about spending time on this site. Quit hiding behind a name yet implicating others. Seems your time could be better spent working out. If you know anything about who I am you know I believe martial arts are for everyone...yup, that means the uncoordinated, the sloppy, the old and the fat. I've been know to stand up for those beliefs in the last year...just ask me. I am sorry for any influences that have made you lower yourself to this level.
    As I observe the amount of time spent slamming others in the name of keeping martial arts 'pure', I am disappointed that anyone, my students included, who cannot find a more productive use of their time. I would hope anyone reading this would analyze the amount of energy that has gone into such a negative site. Imagine the results if that same energy had been used to produce something positive or used to contribute to a charitiable organization. Got a problem with a school? Offer to help...show up at Girls Inc or the Boys Club on tkd nights and see if you can help. Go to a church or a community center and set up a non-profit martial arts club. Do something tht displays your martial arts integrity and education, not your problems with everyone else in life. I have several signs above my computer, one being '28 Secrets to Happiness" Here are a couple of 'secrets' that should apply to this site...stop blaming other people...listen more; talk less...don't make excuses...don't argue...be kind to kind people...be even kinder to unkind people...be humble...undrstand and accept that life isn't always fair...don't criticize anyone for 24 hours. Too nice for some of you? Get over it and get a life! There are ALOT of serious problems in this world and none of them has to do with defective martial arts schools. Appreciate that there are differences, and then discover what you can do to make a difference!
    Dan Davis, thanks for your help with the tourney this weekend. I apologize if you feel you have been victimized by anyone associated with the STC. Feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast