BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    8/31/2009 9:02am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NECROMANCY!

Maru, the muggings were claimed by Younossi himself--he says he was in prison in Europe for mugging people during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, which would mean 1979 if I recall correctly. It's buried in that biography at the top.

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 3:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tae kwon do,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

waterman

i ran into younossi in a downtown gym in manhattan and he told me he was john gotti's right hand man in the gambino crime family.he also told me he bitched slapped john jr for pulling out a gun on him and not using it.he slapped jr and told him it's very disrespectful to pull a gun out on someone and not use it.this is the honest to god truth.also my freind told me he has a tatoo in chinese that he thinks saids iceman but a chinese lady let him know in front of my freind that it says waterman.

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 6:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

can't fight

Quote Originally Posted by jtkarate View Post
    He may be a decent fighter but those claims of his are just waaayyyyy out there.

suprised he hasn't said that he used his buttocks to smother a grenade that was thrown at him and his friend Pierre when they were ambused.
    i witnessed younossi getting beat up by a 150lb amateur out of five points.he can't fight worth a lick.i'm glad he is getting exposed,he is a disgrace to hard working martial artist that paid their dues.the belt he has was bought someone told me who knows him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2010 1:26am

Style: Muay Thai & Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a member of a Foreign Legion website
    www.cervens.net/

I only joined as I was chasing a particular book & while I haven't as yet posted on the forums,I would be happy to let them know of this thread & the investigation.
    If anyone should know about this guy & especially the missions he describes it would be current & former Legionaires.
    A mission with such a loss of life will not be unknown to these guys.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2010 10:07am

Style: Wujichuan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to add to the growing number of doubts, dyslexia is estimated to be relatively unusual in China owing to the nature of sound and character association during learning. I say estimated because it is quite a recent phenomenon and accurate stats are hard to come by. It certainly wouldn't have been diagnosed during his childhood in China, if indeed he was educated here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 1:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just wondering whether you investigator guys wanted me to go ahead & stir up the proverbial hornets nest,re,the FFL claims.

Since I am unsure of the protocol with investigations,I haven't gone off & orchestrated what I am pretty sure will be a shitfight,& will not do so without a mods o.k.

Sorry this is a week or so late,but I'm injury free again & the flu has been tapped,so I've been training like a maniac.

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 2:18am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

melt the iceman

please do,you will be doing a great service to the ffl and legitimate martial artis out there.this guy is such a fake it's terrible for the sport to have characters walking around like this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 2:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Will be done in the next hour.
    Lying about MA experience I personally find amusing.
    Lying about ANY military service is just not on.
    If he is even remotely truthful ( cough ) he would be a living legend amongst his peers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 3:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    O.K,The following is what I have just posted on the FFL website.
    Hi guys,
    I'm a long time Martial Artist,currently training Muay Thai & Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Sydney,Australia.
    My reason for posting is due to an investigation on the Bullshido website
    http://www.bullshido.net/[/URL]
    regarding a "Martial Artist" making some rather large claims regarding service with the FFL.
    Bullshido has done some pretty amazing work uncovering frauds within the Martial Arts & Military & I would like to invite any of you guys that have knowledge of the claims made to participate in the investigation.

Union, NJ: Freidun Younossi - The Iceman Lie-eth?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Was watching Regis and Kelly at work and Regis started talking about this amazing martial artist that he met at the gym.
    Pulled up the guys website and found some pretty crazy things on it.
    http://www.fredtheiceman.com/index.html

this is from his bio page...reads like some bad action movie.
    My name is Freidun Younossi. I was born in Afghanistan in 1963, into the Barakzai Dynasty, which was ruled by my uncle King Zahir Shah. My family ruled the country and we lived in the Royal Palace. At age three, I was kidnapped by three men in broad daylight and taken to a house, where I was held hostage for two weeks.
    My father's cousin, who was the Chief of Police--along with an army official--assembled a team of soldiers. They went door to door throughout the surrounding area of Kabul until I was finally rescued. The kidnappers were executed immediately and I was brought back to the palace. Within a short period of time, my parents notified me that I was going to learn how to defend myself.
    I was sent to Shaolin Monastery in Songshan, China. It was there that I learned the principles of Zen Buddhism, meditation, and the art of Kung Fu. I was the only Muslim Afghan in the monastery, where I lived for approximately seven years. It was there that I met Jackie Chan and Jet Li during belt-promotion ceremonies. My education was in the Chinese language, which I had difficulty picking up because I am dyslexic.
    Every day I was trained to be a warrior. I learned the ten-finger technique to kill a man. Next I was sent to Thailand to study Mauy Thai and then on to boarding school in Germany. While in boarding school, I robbed a pedestrian passerby. I was picked up in the red-light district a couple of days later and put into an adult penitentiary. During the short period of time I was in prison, the Soviet Union commenced war on Afghanistan.
    I joined the French Foreign Legion at the age of sixteen. I was trained in special forces at seventeen and dispatched to Djibouti, Africa. I carried out twenty-two missions. One night, my unit was ambushed and twenty-five of my fellow soldiers were assassinated. Only two survived: I and another serviceman named Pierre. The attackers kept us alive to torture us for information, but we escaped by killing the guards.
    After I recovered from my wounds and my contract was over, I went back to Germany. I joined the sport of underground fighting in Europe, an activity that led me throughout Europe over the course of five years. By the age of twenty-four, I had engaged in over 400 private fights.
    I then moved to California with my family. In California, there was a huge bodybuilding movement, which included the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger--a seven-time Mr. Olympia and breaking actor. I had the honor of training under him for a year. I also trained with Peter and David Paul, who were known as the Barbarian Brothers.
    I got married and moved to Minneapolis. My marriage, however, broke up after a year. So, I picked up and moved again, this time to Union, NJ, where a friend from California was living. I began underground fighting for extra income. I also started offering physical training services, work that I continue to do for various clients--whose goals range from overcoming the debilitating effects of illness or injury to simply getting into better physical shape.
    I began kickboxing on a professional level in 1982. My current professional record is forty-eight KO's, two draws, and zero losses. I went on to be the twelve-time World Kickboxing Champion and two-time South American Champion. I hold a ninth-degree black belt in Shao-Do-Kahn, as well as an eighth-degree black belt in Sil-Lum-Gung-Fu. I have also mastered Aikido and Jiu-Jitsu.
    In May 2006, I had a severe motorcycle accident that detached my left foot. My foot was surgically reattached after five surgeries. At my first post-recovery fight, a charity bout that was held at NYCís Webster Hall on March 29th 2007, I logged my forty-eighth career knockout. Pictures from the event are now on the photos page.

And that is the tip ..going to his ranking
    Over 30 Years of Martial Arts Experience
    9th Degree Black Belt in Shaolin Kung Fu
    9th Degree Black Belt in Shao-Do-Kahn
    8th Degree Black Belt in Aikido
    8th Degree Black Belt in Jujitsu
    12-Time World Kickboxing Champion
    4-Time MIddle East Champion
    7-Time European Champion in Thai Boxing / Kickboxing
    Competition Record
    50 Professional Fights
    48 Knockouts
    2 Draws
    0 Losses
    Physical Training
    Has Trained of Thousands of Individual Clients
    Teaches Multiple Training Disciplines
    Works With All Skill and Fitness Levels
    Certified in Sports and Health Management
    Now he may be a good ring fighter but 99.9% of this stuff sounds fishy IMO.

This is a copy of his bio.Here is the info I thought you guys would find interesting.

I joined the French Foreign Legion at the age of sixteen. I was trained in special forces at seventeen and dispatched to Djibouti, Africa. I carried out twenty-two missions. One night, my unit was ambushed and twenty-five of my fellow soldiers were assassinated. Only two survived: I and another serviceman named Pierre. The attackers kept us alive to torture us for information, but we escaped by killing the guards.
    After I recovered from my wounds and my contract was over, I went back to Germany. I joined the sport of underground fighting in Europe, an activity that led me throughout Europe over the course of five years. By the age of twenty-four, I had engaged in over 400 private fights.

http://Union, NJ: Freidun Younossi -...ceman Lie-eth?

Thanks in advance for any insight you guys may have ( & I hope the links work o.k, if not, just search function Freidun Younassi )
    Cheers,
    Bullshido member Rickko.

Hope this was done right.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 11:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right,so far there have been roughly 30 replies to my query on the ffl site.
    All calling bullshit.
    Around the time period claimed though,there was a plane crash that killed 25 Legionaires,no survivors though.
    One member went as far as to call the number listed & got a lady in New Jersey who apparently wasn't too happy wasting time with someone calling "wrong numbers".
    I believe others plan on trying to contact him via his webpage as one guy thought it "would be rude not to congratulate him on his victorious,albeit fictional,life"
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast