Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 10:27am

Style: karate,judo,JJ,Aikido,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet
    From watching his videos he doesn't look like some super terminator 20x champion he just looks like a big guy with moderate amount of training and decent athleticism. I would be surprised if half his claims are true.

He may be a decent fighter but those claims of his are just waaayyyyy out there.

suprised he hasn't said that he used his buttocks to smother a grenade that was thrown at him and his friend Pierre when they were ambused.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 10:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Consider the source:
    Quote Originally Posted by jtkarate
    Was watching Regis and Kelly at work and Regis started talking about this amazing martial artist that he met at the gym.
    Regis.

Which brings to question:
    Why were you watching Regis<?>

Guys like this Iceman chap. The more they talk, the less they've done. It's like some form of pathological overcompensation. Really. If he had only done 1% of what he had claimed, it wouldbe considered a pretty full career...but it's still not enough. Really, like his 2nd cousin the police comissioner and the soilders COULDN'T have taught him to defend himself so they sent the Muslim nephew of a King to a Shaolin temple.....and then joined the FRENCH FOREIGN LEGION as opposed to his home army in a sign of solidarity to his uncle, the King...

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 12:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw it too while I was painting the nursery. Regis first said he had met the "World Kicksboxing Champion" at the gym on Monday. Then he said the guy was "The Iceman."

I honestly thought he might have met Chuck Liddell at a gym in Manhattan--that could happen, right? I was smirking to myself "That's former champion of the UFC now, Philbin."

But no, it was far more entertaining than an "I met Chack" story.

Is this our big chance to get Bullshido.net mentioned on Regis and Kelly? Let's send him a t-shirt and a detailed debunking.

However, is it impossible that he met Jet Li and Jackie Chan at the Shaolin Temple? You CAN study there, including full-contact kickboxing, right? And Jet Li at least is much beloved there for making the Shaolin cool again with his early films, right?

I think his 48-0-2 record and world championship will be easier to debunk.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 12:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope this guy is joking for some reason. If not he will be a prime example of someone who can fight but still be full of **** which is pure Bullshido.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 1:10pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I call bullshit on the whole thing - even his kickboxing record is probably padded more than Kate Moss's bra.

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 1:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [MEDIA]http://www.fredtheiceman.com/assets/images/db_images/db_fred_1493.jpg[/MEDIA]

Isn't that the old NWA 'rasslin belt?

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 1:22pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found an article where they say he is a K-1 fighter. I can't find him anywhere on their website.

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 1:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who wants to email the bug lug then?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 1:38pm

Style: karate,judo,JJ,Aikido,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic
    http://www.fredtheiceman.com/assets/..._fred_1493.jpg

Isn't that the old NWA 'rasslin belt?

Oh my god you are so right. Wonder if he knocked out Flair to get it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 2:58pm

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, sorry, but this is a long post. The claims left me with alot of angles to search. Long story short, I found little to deny or support the claims, but much information to help should someone choose to speak to the French Foreign Legion, Mr. Younossi himself, or anyone who has supported or dispersed his stories and has evidence to back it up.

After searching for "Shao do kahn", I found only two useful references, both to this site.

http://www.blockeracademy.com/content.php?content.2+url

What's funny is this lists another art that Mr. Iceman can give rank in, Shinto-Ryu Kenjutsu, as well as listing the Iceman as the Snake Blocker's personal instructor in Muay Thai (with a nice little level 10/red armband for added benefit). And this guy's background reads like "I trained 2 days with all of these people, look at me!" And, though it has little to do with the Iceman, The Snake Blocker continually mispelled Fabiano Iha's name (Fabiano Ihn). Not a very good thing to do when claiming you received rank from a person, ie. you trained enough for them to give you any kind of personal recognition.

But I digress, I find little information online to confirm or deny his claims. So I attacked the "Shao do kahn" aspect again, dropping the "kahn" because I assume it may well be a bastardization of "quan" or "chan". So a search of "Shao do" and martial arts reveals...all of the above again, plus a myspace profile mentioning a random guy's practicing "Chan Shao do Kung Fu":

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=31388318

I even streeeeetched a bit and tried "Xiao do", "Chan xiao do", and "Quan xiao do". Nothing useful. So, I will assume Shao-do-Kahn is a VERY rare and almost unheard of artform. Maybe a nice CMA person will address this.

Younossi is obviously a member of the USKBA, as searching for Younossi and USKBA finds that he judges matches for the association.

www.uskba.com/02_04.htm & www.uskba.com/01_11.htm

You'd think if he were the World Kickboxing champion 12 times (it has changed since he did the website, as his fight videos show when he is anounced) there would be a FERVOR of fans and information concerning this man. You'd think.

After watching the video with a very scrutinizing eye, you can take it from someone who has seen alot of video footage of Thai fighters and Thai training, as well as being trained in Muay Thai, he was NOT trained in Thailand, or, if he was, he learned nothing. His stance, his toe kicks, his high kicks with no turnover at hip, all of these scream TKD, Karate, or Kontact Karate/American Kickboxing, but most certainly NOT traditional Muay Thai. A second opinion from other Muay Thai trained fighters would be appreciated, but I am fairly sure anyone familiar with Lumpinee stadium matches could definitely say it's not even close.

So, I moved on to Shaolin Kung Fu. This one will be alot harder, as it's more of a catch-all phrase for what could be one of many artforms. The only hit of any worth, an article at The Coaster, though not actually dealing with the Shaolin aspect, tells us where the "K-1" tie-in comes in.

http://thecoaster.net/wordpress/?p=1267

"For Younossi, an acclaimed K1 style kickboxer who specializes in Muay Thai and has a personal memoir to rival that of Forrest Gump, the comebacks seem too numerous to count."

K-1 Style? So, what, he trains for the rules of K-1 but doesn't actually compete in K-1? In that case, from hence forward I will call myself a "San Shou Style" fighter since I train Muay Thai and know how to take someone down, or a "_ing _un Style" fighter because I can grab at people's arms and work out on a wooden dummy like a fekkin' champ. That's a very vague comment to make about someone. This is becoming a very lacking ordeal online, I suggest someone nearby contact him for information, then try to followup at the source, ie. contacting The Coaster itself for their sources and whether any form of evidence of the claims was presented.

On the last front that I addressed, the Younossi ties to Zahir Shah, I found this, a genealogy site of the Barakzai Dynasty.

http://www.4dw.net/royalark/Afghanistan/yunusi.htm

Now, while it does not list many of the children's names in the Younossi family, one would hope such an exciting life would be well documented by a royal family, at the least to show the same solidarity that they had shown in shipping young Freidun off to save him from assassins. Not so, as his name is not listed. So, without knowing who his parents were, by name, it would be very hard to confirm or deny, but this page does make it a bit easier to go into any debunking with a good source for said.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Zahir_Shah

And this entry can be used should anyone claim that Zahir Shah's exile is the reason little information remains about the Younossi family's heritage and any claim that they are exiled from the country. "In April 2002, while the country was under American occupation, he [Zahir Shah] returned to Afghanistan to open the Loya jirga, which met in June 2002. After the fall of the Taliban, there were open calls for a return to the monarchy...Hamid Karzai, a prominent figure from Zahir Shah's clan, became the president of Afghanistan and Zahir Shah's relatives and supporters were handed key posts in the transitional government." (All emphasis courtesy of me, not the site.)

Also, as has been done before with other claimants, someone should try to get ahold of or in some way verify the French Foreign Legion aspect. That may be the hardest to nail down, yet the most telling aspect of the entire construct. Breaking that would be tantamount to denying a huge chunk of his purported life.

Good luck to anyone undertaking the rest of this, but I work overnights and it is now 12 noon here, so bedtime and preparation for another hard day at work is ahead of me.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast