Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 4:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lawyer + several succesful businesses + BJJ black belt who finds it 'no big deal' to train as a professional athelete indicates one of the following:-

1) He's lying about his commercial career

2) He's lying about his MA career

3) You've come across some kind of weird uber-mensch who doesn't really need sleep, 3 meals a day or any form of social contact outside of (one of his several) offices or his gym.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 4:29pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also a point to bear in mind is that despite being a "just a white belt" I have 18 videos of me either competing or sparring... lawyer73 has no videos whatsoever. Nor does his "mma gym" have a website.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 4:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Das Moose
    Also a point to bear in mind is that despite being a "just a white belt" I have 18 videos of me either competing or sparring... lawyer73 has no videos whatsoever. Nor does his "mma gym" have a website.
    I hope you didn't mistake my ironic jibe at lawyer73's indignation as a dig at you being a white belt, mate.

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 4:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol no mate I was getting at lawyer73 rather than anything else.

This gives me an extremely tenuous excuse to link to a video. Make sure you listen with sound as it has awesome music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5nKiYwIrt0

Takedown defense is for pussies. Real men pull guard.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 4:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't need a Freddy Mercury backing track to look gay when there's no face punching. More face punching plz.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 5:01pm

Style: Getting mounted

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is entertaining and I'm going to follow it, but I have to say...it's probably a waste of your time to be investigating some bullshit posted in the comments section of a youtube video. Youtube comments are the absolute lowest and most pathetic form of internet discourse. Sherdog posts are miles above youtube comments in terms of sophistication. People make spurious claims about all sorts of things in youtube comments. This guy probably isn't the first to claim falsely that he's a BJJ black belt and I'm sure he won't be the last. I admire your dedication to the idealsof transparency in martial arts, but trying to hold youtube comments to any sort of discursive standard is futile.

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 5:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You don't need a Freddy Mercury backing track to look gay when there's no face punching. More face punching plz.
    You'll get your wish after the throwdown....

Well, for the 0.2 seconds the fight stays on the feet before I go "**** this striking nonsense" and double leg my opponent.

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 6:08pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nerveasian
    This is entertaining and I'm going to follow it, but I have to say...it's probably a waste of your time to be investigating some bullshit posted in the comments section of a youtube video. Youtube comments are the absolute lowest and most pathetic form of internet discourse. Sherdog posts are miles above youtube comments in terms of sophistication. People make spurious claims about all sorts of things in youtube comments. This guy probably isn't the first to claim falsely that he's a BJJ black belt and I'm sure he won't be the last. I admire your dedication to the idealsof transparency in martial arts, but trying to hold youtube comments to any sort of discursive standard is futile.
    I think that all dubious claims of BJJ black belts call for mandatory investigations. In my opinion this is equivalent to lying about being a PhD.

After nailing one person for making false claims of rank you kind of want to nail them all. It's our objective to expose the truth no mater how pathetic the form of internet discourse is.

Protecting your style from being polluted by BS is not a waste of time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 6:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you don't get a reply, you should ask over at the JJ Gear forum. half the BJJ guys in OC/SoCal post there. if this guy's for real, they'll know him.

http://www.nhbgear.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 10:12am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YT is horrid. filled with 13-20 somethings who pass on "My name is Kelly and I died yesterday...repost or else you'll have smelly feet" and some such. I'd say, from the clues you've given us, this one is 15-17 (winery is a bit lofty for ages beneath that), has an interest in or father/mother in law (interest could be watching Law & Order reruns), and has been to some form of martial arts but wasn't good enough to stick with it (the white belt comment strikes me as posturing due to inadequacies, ie. he couldn't even cut it at that level). Classic psychological "cop out", fantasizing, etc.

Easiest way to get to the point, ask him about his competition wins. Details, favorite techniques, positions, knowledge of the art, etc. Better yet, get a new profile on YT, load it up with favorites of BJJ vids, then pm him like a n00b who is interested in "training" with someone knowledgeable. After a couple pms, ask him where his gym is, if you can come down to see how good he is, etc. If he really is a trainer and has the ego problems I am seeing, he'll give the adress just to fluff himself and get a patent admirer. If he's fake as fake can be, that starts the dodging, "I'm hurt right now, I don't have time, my gym is closed because of work", etc. Then you've got *gasp, a law term* circumstantial evidence that the subject is being dodged.

That said, you can also hope that the guy he claimed as his trainer says "I've never given a BB to anyone." Which would finish the entire arguement. That's what I am looking for.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast