--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wing Chun and Shaolin Weaponry - Looking at a school

Hey guys im new...

Ive been taking TKD for about a year now, i love it. The school is great and it benefits me alot,only problem.... it focuses on the kicking, im not saying that bad, im faster, and i kick faster, so its good... but of course it focuses on the sport...to much rather than actual self defense, only problem there were only karate schools near by, until i found this one http://www.canadashaolin.com/ its pretty close

I have been interested in Wing Chun for a while now, and i hear its an effective with self defense. Also it teaches Shaolin Weaponry which interests me aswell

I just want poeple opinion, because from what i read from the site doesnt sound bad, i just dont want to screw my self over and quit TKD for this, unless its really effective.

Thanks.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm always a little suspicious of a kung fu school that teaches kama, nunchaku, sai etc.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just watched some of their videos. I would not join that school.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra
    I'm always a little suspicious of a kung fu school that teaches kama, nunchaku, sai etc.
    Hey, I resemble some of that remark.

Yeah, run as fast as you can.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well dont forget they teach shaolin weaponry, im interested in this school because i have a friend that went here for about 8 years and hes pretty good, he 1 inch punched my friend and hurt him.

Thanks guys, im just going to see for a trial or something

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Codos, IiF, this guy can't be for real, can he/she?

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kppgno
    well dont forget they teach shaolin weaponry, im interested in this school because i have a friend that went here for about 8 years and hes pretty good, he 1 inch punched my friend and hurt him.

Thanks guys, im just going to see for a trial or something
    1 inch punch in 8 years?

Let me guess the guy hit stood there and was allowed to be punched in the sternum.

Am I Right?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The one inch punch is not a skill I've cultivated, but shouldn't a well delivered one inch punch do more than just hurt? Usually they do it through a phone book? I could definitely hurt someone with a one inch punch if they let me, and I don't even train for it.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get thee far away from that place and head there: http://www.allmasters.ca/index.html

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kpp that canada shaolin probably sucks ass but atleast they have some pics of wc sparring w/gloves go to the one guizzy said imo