Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 3:20am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

help put me to sleep

i dont know why these days i cannot sleep until 3-5 is there anyway i can get myself to sleep easier and i wake up at 7 every morning too i mean i stay in my bed but just cant sleep

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 4:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Drink heavily. 2. Smoke weed. 3. Get sexed 4. Get a job.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 4:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ummm isnt that over doing i already have the last 2 can i replace the first 2???

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 5:30am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is your matress comfortable? Are you under stress?

If you're working regular hours, and you're not tired at night, then the problem might be serious (2-4 hours a night for extended periods is not healthy). How long has this been going on?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 5:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think my matress is okay, no stress.

i dont know why durring work i feel like a dead fish but right after i seem to be perfectly okay or even if i feel sleep i wont go sleep like tonight its almost 7 and i am still up which means no sleep tonight. its been like that for a month already

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 7:43am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could be your body clock is out of sync, in that case the recomendation for drink/spliff is serious, just to help you get back into a normal routine (then ditch em).

It could be a symptom of a more serious problem though. You sure you're not stressed (this may sound stupid, but sometimes we convince ourselves we aren't). You self employed? Taken on any extra responsibilities lately?

Best thing to do if it carries on is see a doc.

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 8:10am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    Best thing to do if it carries on is see a doc.
    QFT.

Dude, go see your physician. Ambien, Lunesta, Rozerem (which I haven't tried, but hear great things about), or even Xanax will put you right out (though the Xanax might only work for 5 hours, it's not always an ideal sleep aid).

If there really is no other cause for your insomnia than just being "out of synch" then you should be able to get back on a proper sleep schedule in no time when you have powerful pharmaceuticals hammering you into sleepy time.

Until then, get a white noise machine or turn on a box fan to mask the background sounds, and get a sleep mask (or put aluminum foil on your windows) to block out the light.

Cutting or at least dimming all the bright lights an hour or so before bed might not be a bad idea either. IIRC, light exposure can supress melatonin production for up to 3 hours.

Have you tried turning off the TV a few hours before bed-time? It might help if you can remove some of the stimuli to the reticular activating system right before you wanna sleep.

Most importantly, stay the heck away from caffeine past noon. While it's often reported to have a half-life of 4 hours, in many cases it can be 5-7 hours, or even longer. I'm amazed at how many people will tell me that caffeine doesn't affect them while they're texting me at 3am...

Do you suffer from sleep apnea by any chance? Do you snore a lot or very loudly? Is your nose stopped up in the morning, or is your throat very sore? Do you have to breathe through your mouth at night? You could try shooting some Afrin up your nose right before bed and see if that helps.

A sleep study might be worthwhile. If it turns out you're not breathing, you can always get a CPAP or surgery. It can make a HUGE difference.
    Last edited by sdave; 8/05/2007 8:23am at .
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 4:21pm

Style: BJJ/no-gi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RNC for the win.

Try reading a book before bedtime to relax the mind a bit. Don't go on the computer or watch TV.

I've also found that the supplement ZMA really helps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 9:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdave
    QFT.

Dude, go see your physician. Ambien, Lunesta, Rozerem (which I haven't tried, but hear great things about), or even Xanax will put you right out (though the Xanax might only work for 5 hours, it's not always an ideal sleep aid).

If there really is no other cause for your insomnia than just being "out of synch" then you should be able to get back on a proper sleep schedule in no time when you have powerful pharmaceuticals hammering you into sleepy time.

Until then, get a white noise machine or turn on a box fan to mask the background sounds, and get a sleep mask (or put aluminum foil on your windows) to block out the light.

Cutting or at least dimming all the bright lights an hour or so before bed might not be a bad idea either. IIRC, light exposure can supress melatonin production for up to 3 hours.

Have you tried turning off the TV a few hours before bed-time? It might help if you can remove some of the stimuli to the reticular activating system right before you wanna sleep.

Most importantly, stay the heck away from caffeine past noon. While it's often reported to have a half-life of 4 hours, in many cases it can be 5-7 hours, or even longer. I'm amazed at how many people will tell me that caffeine doesn't affect them while they're texting me at 3am...

Do you suffer from sleep apnea by any chance? Do you snore a lot or very loudly? Is your nose stopped up in the morning, or is your throat very sore? Do you have to breathe through your mouth at night? You could try shooting some Afrin up your nose right before bed and see if that helps.

A sleep study might be worthwhile. If it turns out you're not breathing, you can always get a CPAP or surgery. It can make a HUGE difference.
    i do breathe thro my mouth when i sleep is that a problem??? thanks for the ideas i will try it tonight

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 9:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdave
    QFT.

i do breathe thro my mouth when i sleep is that a problem??? thanks for the ideas i will try it tonight
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast