Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 12:06pm

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heffy
    I've also never seen MT/BJJ/Boxing classes where they practiced multiple opponent situations, or evading random kicks and stomps when you are on the ground trying to get up.
    You sure about that one?

Well, granted, most people don't bother with incorporating lots of multiple opponent drilling these days just out of the fact that it's now a common held belief that it's retarded to give their students a false sense of security; however, multiple opponent training is still pretty universal, regardless of style.

As for evading kicks and stomps... never heard of the "downed guard" in MMA/BJJ? Granted, you're not doing "the Worm" and looking like a reject from the 80's like in systema, but it's pretty damn effective.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 12:16pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd tread VERY lightly if you want to criticize MT or BJJ - they're both excellent, proven arts. Systema doesn't have that luxury yet.

And as for YOU ysc87, you wish you could do the worm.

Or at least you girlfriend does.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 12:33pm

Style: Almost Everything.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    I'd tread VERY lightly if you want to criticize MT or BJJ - they're both excellent, proven arts. Systema doesn't have that luxury yet.

Or at least you girlfriend does.
    Or what? You'll type me to death?

Please point out where I criticized MT or BJJ.
    Some of you guys have problems with starting arguments on purpose anytime anyone says something that makes you feel like you don't know everything.

I clearly said

"I find there is a really strong leaning towards MT BJJ and Boxing, especially on this forum. This is fine, they are all good arts, and work well in conjunction with each other."

I guess that was my brutal criticism of MT and BJJ(both of which I can do, and would stand behind as effective martial arts).

My point was VERY clear. BJJ and MT are totally different from Systema. To compare them, makes no sense at all. I never said one or the other was better, I just said they are like apples and oranges. Hardly makes sense to say one takes longer to get you to the same place, because they take you to completely different places.

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 12:45pm

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair enough-

However, for now, I will stick with the electric slide- it is a proven, excellent dance.
    The worm doesn't have that luxury yet... and never will.

*dances*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 12:50pm

Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Systema is a direct continuation of the legacy of Rasputin.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 12:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heffy
    Or what? You'll type me to death?

Please point out where I criticized MT or BJJ.
    Some of you guys have problems with starting arguments on purpose anytime anyone says something that makes you feel like you don't know everything.

I clearly said

"I find there is a really strong leaning towards MT BJJ and Boxing, especially on this forum. This is fine, they are all good arts, and work well in conjunction with each other."

I guess that was my brutal criticism of MT and BJJ(both of which I can do, and would stand behind as effective martial arts).

My point was VERY clear. BJJ and MT are totally different from Systema. To compare them, makes no sense at all. I never said one or the other was better, I just said they are like apples and oranges. Hardly makes sense to say one takes longer to get you to the same place, because they take you to completely different places.
    I'm not going to type you to death, so don't worry. The danger was that you would look like an asshole, but I guess it's too late for that.

You did point out that neither of those arts have multiple opponent attack defenses, or knife defenses, or sensitivity training. It's an implicit rather than explicit criticism, but a criticism none the less. Rhetorically, it opens you up to the point that such training may be unrealistic, and leads idiots to be overconfident, which it does for sure.

The best part is, I'm a systema practitioner myself, so now I look like an asshole just a little bit more, because of you. Thanks for that.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 1:00pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, MT and BJJ take you to a place where you can effectively defend yourself against an attacker who is committed to hurting you. Systema takes you to a place where you can effectively defend yourself against a plate of donuts and a large coke.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 1:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    Yeah, MT and BJJ take you to a place where you can effectively defend yourself against an attacker who is committed to hurting you. Systema takes you to a place where you can effectively defend yourself against a plate of donuts and a large coke.
    Thus spake the TKD guy. Fucking marvelous. See what you did heffer?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 1:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You did point out that neither of those arts have multiple opponent attack defenses, or knife defenses, or sensitivity training. It's an implicit rather than explicit criticism, but a criticism none the less. Rhetorically, it opens you up to the point that such training may be unrealistic, and leads idiots to be overconfident, which it does for sure.

It was not a criticism. I was pointing out how the....(pay attention) curriculum for them is different. It isn't that there is something wrong with MT/BJJ because they don't do knife disarms etc etc. It just means that these techniques are not the focus of MT, or BJJ. Just like Thai kicks, and armbars are not the focus of Systema. I am not trying to show any preference for one or the other. What I AM saying is that a person who does a year of Thai boxing, and a person who does a year of Systema, will learn entirely different things, and will approach fighting in different ways.

In my opinion it is best to learn anything and everything, then figure out if/where you can fit it into what you already know. I would imagine you agree since you are already there. Surely you can't be convinced that MT/BJJ is at all similar to Systema?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 1:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thus spake the TKD guy. Fucking marvelous. See what you did heffer?

Well forget him. I could beat his ass with a plate of donuts and a large coke.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast