Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Atleast it wasn't this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuIIXFm9vd4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuIIXFm9vd4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH5OYRrSX8w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH5OYRrSX8w

(im catching kickcatcher fever)

editted by admin to remove crazy extra embed information from tags
    Last edited by Wolf; 8/05/2007 10:16am at .

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 10:18am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you post youtube videos, don't copy from the Youtube embed field. You get a ton of extra crazy stuff. If you just type in the url to the video the system will automatically embed the video for you.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 12:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drjoker
    Hey,

You guys are actually complaining that the Karate black belt guy didn't fight full contact (with head punches) with Bill? Gee, I wonder if the show can have future episodes if the host dies off the show?
    Well, I doubt Duff would have died. If the Karateka would have went full-contact head shots, Duff would have been given the same opportunity.

Did you see when Bill "accidentally" punched the Karateka in the face? He wasn't following the rules. The Japanese are a VERY rule-abiding bunch. The audience actually gasped at this rude "foreign barbarian" (this is the Japanese word for foreigner, gaijin) breaking a rule. So, they "extended" the match 1 more minute to give him some more punishment as payback. I'm surprised none of y'all caught that.
    Yes, I winced when Duff gave the guy a head shot. It didn't appear he did it "purposely" nor was he rude, I think he was: tired, frustrated and lacking control. All things to be expected from a beginner at a style. The show did a fine job showing the crowds reaction, they weren't subtle in the least, but the head shot isn't what lead to the one-minute overtime as punishment. Unless Duff had a broken leg, quit, gassed or was dead, I fully expected OT....the show, in my opinion, would have failed had it not shown the OT.

The Japanese are very subtle. An American in the same situation would've shouted and cussed out Bill. I think Bill should've bowed and apologized for hitting the karateka in the face. That would've been a very Japanese thing to do. He would've been great ambassador for America if he did that
    So, by proxy, if Duff was jacked in the puss, or Jason for that matter, you would fully expected them to throw a fit? They are both Americans and your statement ascribes that behaviour to both those parties, as well as all Americans. Yes, we have a reputation for being bratty and yes Duff should have bowed in respect, as he had been respectful this episode and in all past episodes, however he appeared frustrated and was probably embarassed by his gaffe. While bowing may have been a very Japanese thing to do, he reacted like an American football player, he looked like he blamed himself and probably introspectively called himself a dummy.

And I doubt the actions of Bill Duff, host of History Channel's Human Weapon would elivate him to the ambassadorial level of the Sainted Angelina Jolie or Sir Bono.

Putting the "ow" back in "flowery technique"

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 2:57pm

Style: CMA, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvarks
    Well, I doubt Duff would have died. If the Karateka would have went full-contact head shots, Duff would have been given the same opportunity.

Yes, I winced when Duff gave the guy a head shot. It didn't appear he did it "purposely" nor was he rude, I think he was: tired, frustrated and lacking control. All things to be expected from a beginner at a style. The show did a fine job showing the crowds reaction, they weren't subtle in the least, but the head shot isn't what lead to the one-minute overtime as punishment. Unless Duff had a broken leg, quit, gassed or was dead, I fully expected OT....the show, in my opinion, would have failed had it not shown the OT.

So, by proxy, if Duff was jacked in the puss, or Jason for that matter, you would fully expected them to throw a fit? They are both Americans and your statement ascribes that behaviour to both those parties, as well as all Americans. Yes, we have a reputation for being bratty and yes Duff should have bowed in respect, as he had been respectful this episode and in all past episodes, however he appeared frustrated and was probably embarassed by his gaffe. While bowing may have been a very Japanese thing to do, he reacted like an American football player, he looked like he blamed himself and probably introspectively called himself a dummy.

And I doubt the actions of Bill Duff, host of History Channel's Human Weapon would elivate him to the ambassadorial level of the Sainted Angelina Jolie or Sir Bono.
    Thank you for clearing up the "Americans are stupid, Japan's better" load of horse ****.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 8:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJM
    Thank you for clearing up the "Americans are stupid, Japan's better" load of horse ****.
    ?Que?

Putting the "ow" back in "flowery technique"

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 1:03am

Style: CMA, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvarks
    ?Que?
    I was thanking you for explaining how the show hosts weren't trying to be the white barbarians.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 10:53am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Duff was like a foot taller and trying to punch a guy in the chest who was crowding him. Ooops, he hit him the face. Big deal. Get over it, Japanese fans.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 10:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJM
    I was thanking you for explaining how the show hosts weren't trying to be the white barbarians.
    Thanks....I thought you may have been taking me to task over stating the obvious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2011 8:09pm

Style: Koei Kan Karatedo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the Fight Quest episode better. For one they dont get their information wrong. I was pissed when HW said a knee strike was a strike to the knee.
    watch?v=7iO3SFEdV8I

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    8/31/2011 4:21am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice necro on the zombie thread!

Just a touch over 4 years between posts. Way to keep the dialog flowing.
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast