Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 4:24am

Style: Retard Poster Jitsu (BJJ)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    You'd probably be better off publishing something online or in print form and maybe having a local paper publish it next to Martial Art ads. That way people are given access to the information they need to make an informed decision. Keep in mind McDojos have also used this technique....

TKD
    Damn it you've got me thinking now (makes me dizzy).
    I like the idea of doing a mini Bullshido guide in print or online, there's also the option of getting a piece in one of the free local papers.

If I needed to lift some information off Bullshido is it Phrost or the person who wrote it (or both) I would need to get permission off?

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 1:10pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check with Phrost, Omega, PizzDof and maybe Samuel.

You may wanna pony up for a membership and start this thread in the Member's Area.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 2:36pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJM
    Tis a good idea, but will it really deter people from making bad decisions?
    I think the bigger question is "why would anyone sign up for this?"

I don't intend that to be an insult. I like the idea, but from a consumer perspective, I can only see this being useful as a 1-hour lecture on how to choose a martial art -- and even then, your most likely demographic will be soccer moms looking for info that might help them decide which school to choose for their 8-year old.

Otherwise, you have to be able to answer this: Why would someone want to take your class(es) instead of just signing up at some dojo somewhere? I can already see the confusion:

"So, it's like a self-defense class, but it's not?..."

Just something to think about...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 6:02pm

Style: Retard Poster Jitsu (BJJ)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daGorilla
    I think the bigger question is "why would anyone sign up for this?"

I don't intend that to be an insult. I like the idea, but from a consumer perspective, I can only see this being useful as a 1-hour lecture on how to choose a martial art -- and even then, your most likely demographic will be soccer moms looking for info that might help them decide which school to choose for their 8-year old.

Otherwise, you have to be able to answer this: Why would someone want to take your class(es) instead of just signing up at some dojo somewhere? I can already see the confusion:

"So, it's like a self-defense class, but it's not?..."

Just something to think about...
    I suppose from a consumer perspective it would alll be in the presentation.
    What can I say I like the idea (it's mine course I like it), but on reflection I don't think I have the skills to present it properly (not without some more work).
    Taking into account various comment from different members I feel that a way forward for this idea is to write an article for the local free papers & run a class off the back of that.
    When I say run a class I mean get someone far more skilled than myself to do this. Therefore this may take some time to plan and organise, but I am still confident in the basic premise.

(Ad even as a one hour lecture I feel it may still have potential).
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123