Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 1:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In Ontario, Native Reserves are definitely the way to go. In BC, we can do it anywhere there's a friendly city councillor in charge of athletics (which is almost anywhere, fights=money from outside of town).
    Man you're such an idiot.

Vancouver and Vernon both have provincially authorized MMA commissions that sanction the events. They USED to allow anyone to throw these fights, but that has changed over the past years. Several events were shut down because there was no athletic commission. Now there is. That's the only reason so many fights happen in Vernon; not cause its a great city, but becasue they have an actual commission.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 1:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And the article brings up a valid point. These things need to be sanctioned so that ppl don't get hurt. We certainly don't need to boxing commissions running anything though, MMA commissions do just fine with the proper support.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 7:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, you're a fool. The municipality's permission is ALL that is needed. If they decide they want an MMA commision, that's fine, but it isn't a province-wide requirement. There are plenty of events that happen with no commision.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 8:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/showdoc...l=50&length=50

Prize Fights
    Engaging in prize fight

83. (1) Every one who

(a) engages as a principal in a prize fight,

(b) advises, encourages or promotes a prize fight, or

(c) is present at a prize fight as an aid, second, surgeon, umpire, backer or reporter,

is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

Definition of “prize fight”

(2) In this section, "prize fight" means an encounter or fight with fists or hands between two persons who have met for that purpose by previous arrangement made by or for them, but a boxing contest between amateur sportsmen, where the contestants wear boxing gloves of not less than one hundred and forty grams each in mass, or any boxing contest held with the permission or under the authority of an athletic board or commission or similar body established by or under the authority of the legislature of a province for the control of sport within the province, shall be deemed not to be a prize fight.
    R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 83; R.S., 1985, c. 27 (1st Supp.), s. 186.
    Dude, when are you gonna learn to STFU about legal matters? You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. As you can see here, this matter is under provincial jurisdiction, and requires an athletic board or commission. Non-sanctioned events do happen, but they are technically illegal and can be shut down by the RCMP, if the event is brought to their attention. I know because this happened in Vernon before the commission was established.

Kthxbye.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 1:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you miss the part where I said YOU NEED THE LOCAL CITY COUNCILLOR IN CHARGE OF ATHLETICS' PERMISSION YOU FUCKING GOOF!?

I said that. Then I said it again. Then you came and trolled. Where do you live, again?

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 1:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    The municipality's permission is ALL that is needed. If they decide they want an MMA commision, that's fine, but it isn't a province-wide requirement. There are plenty of events that happen with no commision.
    Do you even know how to read? Did you even read the section I Just posted from the cirminal code of Canada??? A commission is required fucker!!!!

contest held with the permission or under the authority of an athletic board or commission or similar body established by or under the authority of the legislature of a province for the control of sport within the province shall be deemed not to be a prize fight.
    Any fight lacking one of these sanctioning bodies will be deemed a prize fight and will therfore be illegal.

You say a commission isn't required, the fucking criminal code says it IS! Who do you think is right?

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 1:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You DOUCHEBAG! In absence of a commision, the municipal coucillor responsible for sport IS THE FUCKING ATHLETIC BOARD. GO **** YOUR HAT.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 2:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You DOUCHEBAG! In absence of a commision, the municipal coucillor responsible for sport IS THE FUCKING ATHLETIC BOARD. GO **** YOUR HAT
    Oh I'm sorry Imust have missed that part in the CRIMINAL CODE OF CANADA!

The Vernon event that was cancelled had several council members, and the MAYOR planning to attend and it was still shut down by the RCMP.
    Start posting sources or STFU!

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 4:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, my sources are the events I've attended, WITH COPS THERE AS SECURITY, that didn't involve a commision.

I'm planning my own event locally, and there will be no commision, I'll do it on the reserve where the RCMP are not allowed to go without express permission. You can come fight me there, vale tudo rules (which the chief has already green-lighted), if you want, you fucking piece of ****.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 5:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha! Go to the Island to fight some chump from the internet! What makes you think I care THAT much! You're the one who apparently wants to fight. I could seriously care less about this, but it looks like you really can't handle getting owned in yet ANOTHER legal matter.

And fighting won't change the fact that I'm right in this matter. Getting away with an un-sanctioned event doesn't mean the law allows it. It just means no one cares enough to pursue it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast