Sponsored Links Spacer Image

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 12:53pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HANKtheTANK
    seems to me, a bet is in order....u guys should just agree to disagree, and then bet each other a friendly amount on ur respective choices, set it up somehow with someone trustworthy, and paypal the winner
    =)
    I'll second that motion!
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

software engineer

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 3:52pm

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meataxe
    I'll second that motion!
    Problem is both sides have it for Gonzaga. It's trickier to set up an agreeable bet over the degree of victory.
    52 blocks documentary: arrived

"Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 5:50pm

Style: Man-ho Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by the yellow dart

Last time I checked, divorces don't keep you from being able to do things physically in the ring. You can train through a divorce, fight through a divorce, do practically anything you want to since it is, for the most part, a mental game.

And hell, if Randy can't deal with a divorce, then its kind of sad that he got beat by Belfort when Belfort's sister had just been kidnapped and murdered (even if it was by cut).

Yellow Dart, welcome to the boards with a bang.

You have made some good points but, these last two are just plain wrong.

Divorce will mess you up, which is why so many men and women kill themselves and others during a divorce. If you are not happy you don't give a crap if you train well, or win a fight.

Also Randys family troubles were more around when he fought Chuck the second and third times.

The fight with Belfort was much earlier. BTW have you actually seen this fight, It was the same UFC where BJ came up a weight class and choked out Matt Hughes in the first round.

The fight lasted about 10 secs, Belfort threw a punch that barely grazed Randys eye, and cut Randys eyelid. Really wan't a fight at all. And at the time Belfort didn't know his sister was dead, that's why he had the picture of her on his shirt, and wanted to win so he could appeal for people to find his sister.

I just hope the Randy v Gonzaga fight isn't like this argument 5 rounds of tit for tat with a points decisison after 5 rounds.

I give this argument to Fatherdog for better technicals and impressive ring control.

As for the real deal Randy by Ground and Pound at the end of the third round, win by TKO strikes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 8:27pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    actually kick, Randy's retina I believe was torn or separated, much more serious than an eyelid

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 9:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red512S
    actually kick, Randy's retina I believe was torn or separated, much more serious than an eyelid
    You would be right, Red, I only saw the fight, I didn't hear the outcome on his eye.

The point was, it wasn't like they duelled it out for 4 rounds, and then after a dominant performance by Vitor that the fight got stopped for cuts.

More like ding, ding, first swing, tiny nick, torn retina, fight over.

Randy FTW.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/16/2007 12:09am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kick
    Yellow Dart, welcome to the boards with a bang.

You have made some good points but, these last two are just plain wrong.

Divorce will mess you up, which is why so many men and women kill themselves and others during a divorce. If you are not happy you don't give a crap if you train well, or win a fight.

Also Randys family troubles were more around when he fought Chuck the second and third times.

The fight with Belfort was much earlier. BTW have you actually seen this fight, It was the same UFC where BJ came up a weight class and choked out Matt Hughes in the first round.

The fight lasted about 10 secs, Belfort threw a punch that barely grazed Randys eye, and cut Randys eyelid. Really wan't a fight at all. And at the time Belfort didn't know his sister was dead, that's why he had the picture of her on his shirt, and wanted to win so he could appeal for people to find his sister.
    I really didn't know anything about Randy's divorce, I was just going with what Fatherdog was saying about him fighting during such divorce. My Belfort comments were more focused on the fact that Belfort was actually fighting rather than anything else. The fight was pretty much a joke and even Randy didn't really consider it a "loss." Personally, I think an injury is much more important than a mental state, especially given that some people do just fine despite what they're going through. I don't think we'll ever know with Randy.

To clarify, I know it wasn't the same fight, I was just saying that both had personal issues that Belfort (initially) dealt with better. I know divorce is a nasty thing, but I think a direct injury that affects what you can and cannot do in the ring is a much tougher thing to battle through.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2007 5:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair enough.

So did you make a prediction about who is going to win and how Gonzaga v Randy, (if you did I missed it, and I am not going back through the thread to find it.)

I want Randy to win this one, then beat Cro-cop, and then the UFC will have Fedor signed up, and the two of them can go at it. I also want a pony and a bright red Ferrari.

Also did you post at other boards before this, or just straight into it?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/16/2007 6:42pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair enough.

So did you make a prediction about who is going to win and how Gonzaga v Randy, (if you did I missed it, and I am not going back through the thread to find it.)

I want Randy to win this one, then beat Cro-cop, and then the UFC will have Fedor signed up, and the two of them can go at it. I also want a pony and a bright red Ferrari.

Also did you post at other boards before this, or just straight into it?
    I posted on the first page that Gonzaga will TKO Randy in either the second or third round (I think I said third). I think Gonzaga will use his size to push Randy around standing, and then punish him on the cage, and use the cage to negate Randy's wrestling. I think Randy will escape a few times, but he will wear out quickly and end up fodder for Gonzaga later on. He'll get in some good shots, but eventually lose it by the third.

Frankly I am glad that Cro-Cop didn't win because I think Randy would've gotten torn up by him. The last person to take Cro-Cop down and keep him there was Big Nog, and I don't think Randy has that skill yet. If they fight, as I am guessing they might to see who gets the next title shot (assuming Randy loses) then I think we'll see Cro-Cop take Randy's head off with a LHK.

And yes, I post on another major board that has decent MMA discussion.

Edit: I would only want to see Fedor vs. Randy after Fedor vs. Barnett since Randy is just like Barnett in miniature and with worse subs. Or at least I like to tell myself that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2007 6:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by the yellow dart
    I posted on the first page that Gonzaga will TKO Randy in either the second or third round (I think I said third). I think Gonzaga will use his size to push Randy around standing, and then punish him on the cage, and use the cage to negate Randy's wrestling. I think Randy will escape a few times, but he will wear out quickly and end up fodder for Gonzaga later on. He'll get in some good shots, but eventually lose it by the third.

Frankly I am glad that Cro-Cop didn't win because I think Randy would've gotten torn up by him. The last person to take Cro-Cop down and keep him there was Big Nog, and I don't think Randy has that skill yet. If they fight, as I am guessing they might to see who gets the next title shot (assuming Randy loses) then I think we'll see Cro-Cop take Randy's head off with a LHK.

And yes, I post on another major board that has decent MMA discussion.

Edit: I would only want to see Fedor vs. Randy after Fedor vs. Barnett since Randy is just like Barnett in miniature and with worse subs. Or at least I like to tell myself that.
    Randy said he would have preferred to fight Cro-cop than Gonzaga. I think Randy is in the zone, and will be unstoppable for a year, then have a big loss, and get put in the hall of fame a second time.

As for Barnett you really think that he is that good? He's good but not that good IMO.

I would like to see Gonzaga fight Nog. That would be like a supersized Hughes v Penn match-up.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/16/2007 10:47pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Randy said he would have preferred to fight Cro-cop than Gonzaga. I think Randy is in the zone, and will be unstoppable for a year, then have a big loss, and get put in the hall of fame a second time.

As for Barnett you really think that he is that good? He's good but not that good IMO.

I would like to see Gonzaga fight Nog. That would be like a supersized Hughes v Penn match-up.
    It takes quite a bit to beat Nog, even by decision. If you look then at all the times he has lost to Cro Cop, only one was fairly concrete (the second one). The first time he injured himself, the second time he was coming off an absolute battle and winning against the #2 fighter in PRIDE. He is #4 as far as I consider the rankings, with Gonzaga at #5 (since one match does not rankings make). Barnett is nasty pretty much everywhere, with enough striking to do a better job than Randy, which he did when he beat Randy. I like Randy, but he has never fought any top 5 guys at any point in his career. PRIDE has always had the superior HW division, and he has never been tested against any of them except Barnett, who he lost to.

Oh and Gonzaga vs. Nog would be a good fight. Both have nasty chins, but I think Nog's experience would pull him through.
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast