• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/12/2007 9:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He did get lucky. He got lucky in that Crocop came in expecting an easy payday against a puny grappler that couldn't hit properly. He paid for his disrespect. Gonzaga will get knocked out in the first round when they rematch, because Crocop will return like the fury of God.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2007 2:26pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog

I'm not angry; I'm exasperated because you're a retard.

Randy can and has won fights only on his feet, and the ability to win decisions with your standup means you have good standup, whether you're finishing the fight or not.
    Randy has done no such thing, and in fact has to go to the ground to finish a fight, or generally, he can't finish at all! Winning a decision with standup means you have Josh Koscheck standup, or that people don't want to fight you on the ground. Saying that Big Nog has strong standup because he beat people to decisions a couple times doesn't make it true.

On a similar note to your own, I find it ludicrous that someone beefs up an old fighter who really came back only to beat Tim Sylvia into some gigantic unstoppable killing machine who frankly should have stayed retired after getting beaten by Liddell. While Randy is still a good fighter and arguably top 10 HW, his days are numbered, and I think the last one will be the fight against Gonzaga. Not being able to see the weaknesses in the subject of your man-crush is just silly.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    8/12/2007 9:20pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by the yellow dart
    Randy has done no such thing,
    Randy never took Jeremy Horn down in their fight, and beat him standing the entire time.

Randy beat Tim Sylvia in every exchange standing up, regardless of whether he was shooting takedowns or not.

and in fact has to go to the ground to finish a fight, or generally, he can't finish at all! Winning a decision with standup means you have Josh Koscheck standup, or that people don't want to fight you on the ground.
    No, it means that you don't have KO power, which is entirely separate from having good standup. Randy does not have KO power. He has good standup, and is perfectly capable of winning a decision with it by outstriking the other guy for as long as the fight lasts.

Saying that Big Nog has strong standup because he beat people to decisions a couple times doesn't make it true.
    Since I never said that Big Nog has strong standup, or indeed mentioned him at all, maybe you'd like to occasionally argue with things I say rather than random bullshit you've come up with on your own?

On a similar note to your own, I find it ludicrous that someone beefs up an old fighter who really came back only to beat Tim Sylvia into some gigantic unstoppable killing machine who frankly should have stayed retired after getting beaten by Liddell. While Randy is still a good fighter and arguably top 10 HW, his days are numbered, and I think the last one will be the fight against Gonzaga. Not being able to see the weaknesses in the subject of your man-crush is just silly.
    Randy has plenty of weaknesses; his submission defense is suspect, his conditioning (as seen against Van Arsdale and Sylvia) is not as good as it was during his run at LHW, and his ability to work off his back is uncertain. "Bad standup" and "one-dimensional", however, are not among his weaknesses, and your assertion of them is retarded.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Posted On:
    8/12/2007 9:32pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jacare vs Couture

is Gonzaga > Jacare????

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2007 10:31pm

Style: Man-ho Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Okay, at this point I'm just going to stop putting forth well-reasoned arguments,
    Hey you said you were going to stop putting forth well reasoned arguments, but then everything you said after made good sense.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2007 11:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Randy never took Jeremy Horn down in their fight, and beat him standing the entire time.

Randy beat Tim Sylvia in every exchange standing up, regardless of whether he was shooting takedowns or not.
    I'm sorry, but beating up Horn and Sylvia standing is like beating up a larger version of Royce Gracie and Andre the Giant .

No, it means that you don't have KO power, which is entirely separate from having good standup. Randy does not have KO power. He has good standup, and is perfectly capable of winning a decision with it by outstriking the other guy for as long as the fight lasts.
    Does he really think that he will be able to stand only with Gonzaga, a guy who was able not only to take Werdum down, but then at one point mount and pound at Werdum, who is one of the better grapplers in MMA. It isn't an issue to do nothing but standup with a guy like Sylvia, but againt a fighter whose whole strategy is to take you to the ground and submit you? I think not.

Since I never said that Big Nog has strong standup, or indeed mentioned him at all, maybe you'd like to occasionally argue with things I say rather than random bullshit you've come up with on your own?
    Hey, they're called comparisons. Many people use them.

Randy has plenty of weaknesses; his submission defense is suspect, his conditioning (as seen against Van Arsdale and Sylvia) is not as good as it was during his run at LHW, and his ability to work off his back is uncertain. "Bad standup" and "one-dimensional", however, are not among his weaknesses, and your assertion of them is retarded.
    I like how I am retarded besides the fact that you can't find an example of Randy doing well against a class-A striker in the past few years with the possible exception of Sylvia, who hasn't fought anyone halfway legitimate besides AA the past few years (you may object to Monson, but he really is a better straight up grappler and not especially great at MMA). Couture, previous to fighting Van Arsdale, who is horrendous, and Sylvia, who is also suspect, did little but get beat by Chuck Liddell. He beat Belfort in 2004, but even that is circumspect given Belfort's poor efforts recently. To me, I feel like there are almost more questions about Randy than there are about Gonzaga.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 12:19am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by the yellow dart
    I'm sorry, but beating up Horn and Sylvia standing is like beating up a larger version of Royce Gracie and Andre the Giant .
    You said he'd never beat anyone standing ever; again, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Does he really think that he will be able to stand only with Gonzaga, a guy who was able not only to take Werdum down, but then at one point mount and pound at Werdum, who is one of the better grapplers in MMA.
    Werdum is one of the better grapplers in MMA, but he's not anywhere close to being the wrestler Randy is, and in fact almost all of his losses are due to him being unable to outwrestle the other guy, so arguing that Gonzaga will be able to take down Couture because he was able to take down Werdum is an incredibly shitty argument. Also, Gonzaga was outwrestled by Monson much more recently than his loss to Werdum, and their respective performances vs Sylvia and Liddel should make it pretty plain that Monson is nowhere near Couture's level when it comes to wrestling.

I like how I am retarded besides the fact that you can't find an example of Randy doing well against a class-A striker in the past few years with the possible exception of Sylvia, who hasn't fought anyone halfway legitimate besides AA the past few years (you may object to Monson, but he really is a better straight up grappler and not especially great at MMA).
    Okay, how about you find an example of Gonzaga doing well against a class-A wrestler in the past few years and get back to me.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 12:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You said he'd never beat anyone standing ever; again, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
    When you're fighting Horn in RINGS, which as I recall, didn't allow people to get punched in the head is an absolute joke. Neither proves anything about Randy's striking, and as it was, happened 7 years ago. His standup has hardly improved. The only reason he stayed on his feet so long in his fight with Sylvia was because he couldn't do anything on the ground either, and so grinded out a boring, standing decision with one of MMA's slowest strikers. He has proved little to nothing on his feet.

Werdum is one of the better grapplers in MMA, but he's not anywhere close to being the wrestler Randy is, and in fact almost all of his losses are due to him being unable to outwrestle the other guy, so arguing that Gonzaga will be able to take down Couture because he was able to take down Werdum is an incredibly shitty argument. Also, Gonzaga was outwrestled by Monson much more recently than his loss to Werdum, and their respective performances vs Sylvia and Liddel should make it pretty plain that Monson is nowhere near Couture's level when it comes to wrestling.
    I don't think you understand what the difference between ADCC and MMA is. The ADCC is nothing but submission grappling. Some people who do amazing there can be absolutely horrendous at MMA. Monson's only major victory has come over Fujita, but he has also lost to guys like Forrest-Fucking-Griffin who is pretty much a B-level fighter. To be frank, the only reason Monson got that title shot was the simple fact that they couldn't have AA face Sylvia again given that they had already fought far too many times. I'm also not sure why you think Couture is so much better at wrestling than Monson. Neither did much on the ground vs. Sylvia. Couture couldn't even finish Sylvia off when he had his back.

Okay, how about you find an example of Gonzaga doing well against a class-A wrestler in the past few years and get back to me.
    Find me an example of Randy fighting a top-level BJJ guy who actually uses it. You can argue BELFORT !!!1111!111!! all day, but Belfort has almost never used his BJJ in competition, with fewer subs than even Randy to his credit. Randy can't hang with top-level BJJ guys, and its always been one of his major problems. We don't know how Gonzaga fares against wrestlers, but we do know how Randy does against bigger, nastier submissions experts and guys who are at least decent at BJJ, weigh, oh around 250, and actually know how to strike as well.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 12:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hasn't Randy won some sub-grappling tournies?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 1:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    Hasn't Randy won some sub-grappling tournies?
    He drew with Jacare recently but that's about it as far as I am aware.
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast