Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 1:12pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this just in from the UFC 75 Media Conference Call Recap

- White said that Babalu has been cut from his contract because of the episode this past weekend at UFC 74. He said if Babalu had held onto a leg or arm — rather than a choke — extra long that the results could have been a lot worse.
    oops, edited to add another piece from article

- White said “Babalu” has been cut from his contract but won’t rule out having him in the organization in the future. “I never say never,” he said.
    and this
    - White said Sobral knows he’s been cut from the organization and that he’s sure that he’s not happy about it. White said that despite the tone of past interviews, he was always planning to cut Babalu from the organization.
    Last edited by HANKtheTANK; 8/30/2007 1:17pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 1:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not like Babalu doesn't have any other options: IFL, Elite XC, K-1, Bodog. It's a shame pride isn't still around though, they probably would have signed him to rematch Shogun.

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 1:38pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Randy Couture Vs. Gabriel Gonzaga - Is it too early to judge Randy Couture's heavyweight comeback? Though he did outclass, but not finish, an injured Tim Sylvia who knows what will happen here. Gonzaga surprised a lot of people in his last outing against Crocop. He clearly was a qualified grappler but who knew he could do a good imitation of Crocop?
    I probably will have to do with Couture by JD.
    Couture won TKO 3rd.

Roger Huerta Vs. Alberto Crane - I have Huerta's last fight somewhere on my computer, haven't watched it yet. I understood his last opponent 'gave him fits' and 'rocked him' from what I've read. While some people may think Alberta Crane winning is an upset as he hasn't fought any big names, a look at Crane's BJJ credentials shows a huge threat on the ground.
    Huerta by JD.

Josh Koscheck Vs. Georges St-Pierre - I could see Koscheck taking GSP down a few times. Then....not much else. GSP by TKO late.

Kurt Pellegrino Vs. Joe Stevenson - Fairly equal in submissions, I see Stevenson's size getting him the win.

Patrick Cote Vs. Kendall Grove - Hmmmm, Cote will probably fend off Grove's submissions but lose to a decision.

Ryan Jensen Vs. Thales Leites - Don't remember their fights. Leites comes from a better camp.

Renato Sobral Vs. David Heath - Sobral by sub. He'll actually come forward and not run backwards like Machida.

Frank Mir Vs. Antoni Hardonk - Meh. Should play out like McCully vs Hardonk, which I didn't see. I'm sure Mir can wrestle the kickboxer Hardonk to the ground enough to get the UD.

Clay Guida Vs. Marcus Aurelio - Did you see Ishida vs Aurelio? The same will happen but Guida is much more aggressive. Guida by UD.
    Guida by SD

Somehow I didn't enter my picks on MMA Playground. I picked 8 of 9 winners but only 3-4 actual finishes
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 8:12pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meataxe
    Randy Couture Vs. Gabriel Gonzaga - Gonzaga - decision
    Roger Huerta Vs. Alberto Crane - Huerta - 2nd round TKO
    Josh Koscheck Vs. Georges St-Pierre - GSP 2nd rd TKO

Kurt Pellegrino Vs. Joe Stevenson - ???
    Patrick Cote Vs. Kendall Grove - haven't seen Cote fight, so ???

Ryan Jensen Vs. Thales Leites - Leites. I assume Jensen is just someone they are feeding to Leites.
    Renato Sobral Vs. David Heath - Sobral. Ditto.

Frank Mir Vs. Antoni Hardonk - ???
    Clay Guida Vs. Marcus Aurelio - as long as he does not cut his hair, Guida will prevail.

For the main event, I think Randy will be well prepared and have a good strategy. I think he will be able to use his preparation to avoid being stopped, but not strong enough to prevail. He might even win a round or two. No way will he be able to make Gonzaga look as silly as Silvia.
    Gaaah! If I had gone with Randy, I would have been 100% (of the ones I called). Actually, I was leaning toward Kendall Grove, so if I had called that one, I would be wrong.

Crane was pretty wild, but he fails to use strikes to augment grappling and vice versa. Huerta, on the other hand, succeeds.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 11:26pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just want to take this moment to point out again, that I WAS 100%...

That is all.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/31/2007 1:58pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf

That is all.
    I'm still surprised Cote won despite doing so poorly before in the UFC. I wonder if things will start to turn around for him now.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    8/31/2007 2:38pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf

That is all.
    We should, you know, like, keep score.

I should have voted Randy. I think it is the HARD RAWK entrance music that makes him win. AC/DC roolz.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    8/31/2007 2:46pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by the yellow dart
    I'm still surprised Cote won despite doing so poorly before in the UFC. I wonder if things will start to turn around for him now.
    He started training his standup at Sidyodtong. I think that made all the difference in the world.

Posted On:
    8/31/2007 3:58pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meataxe
    We should, you know, like, keep score.
    Read stickies? :icescream

Join here: http://mmaplayground.com/
    Find: Team Bullshido
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    9/01/2007 12:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tangerine---excellent point re language barrier.
    As far as Kos, let's face it, the hair itself warrants a savage beating.
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223