223956 Bullies, 4497 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 12:24pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    Hank,

Have you watched the Sobral fight? Babalu didn't hold the choke any longer after the ref told him to let go than I've seen in lots of fights. The fact of the matter is if you just watched the fight (and babalu had kept his mouth shut) no one would have even noticed.

Babalu was in the wrong because it was clearly vindictive (only because of his comments), but his actions weren't different from what is commonly observed.

As for not finishing ARE YOU KIDDING? He was pounding away and maintained dominant position instead of foregoing it. That's what you do in a fight. Don't blame that on him, that's the ref's fault.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL2sNyfaths

Listen to Joe at the end.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 2:23pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nevermind. Just read What Upa said, since this was basically the same sentiment.
    Last edited by SpringHeeledJack; 8/29/2007 2:25pm at . Reason: Rehashing what others have already said.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 2:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And since when does Joe Rogan (mr. I advocate using an illegal substance anytime I get the chance to open my mouth) have the right to talk smack to anybody about what's bad for the image of MMA? Season 7 of TUF Team Rogan vs. Team Sobral. Make it happen, Mr. White.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 3:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    hmmm, my whole gym picked Randy. Also, if you watch the real-time polling that was going on during the Event they kept asking "Who do you think will win?" The whole night the majority picked Randy. Sorry, but what you "would say" is wrong.
    I'm going to trust the betting lines quite a bit more than I will straight anecdotal evidence. Gonzaga was the favorite to win by the golden standard of money. Just because your gym is filled with Randy nut-huggers doesn't make them the definitive opinion. The same goes even further when you consider that most of these people voting in the UFC poll are TUF fanboys who don't even understand who this "cro-cop" character is or what he has done. They just love DA NATURAL!

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 6:24pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    found this lil gem just now.

The following is from Josh Barnett's MySpace blog:

Let's get straight to it and say that Randy did a phenomenal job at UFC 74 in defending his title. As a fan and a fellow Washingtonian I was happy to see him win. But as for the title itself -- it still sits in my house. No one in UFC ever beat me for it, and as far as I am concerned, no one in the UFC can be the heavyweight champion until they take that belt off of me in the cage.

At the post fight press conference, Dana White said "there isn't anyone in the world that can beat this guy" in reference to Randy. All this because Randy beat a guy that had less than ten fights and only one noteworthy win? That's not even a world championship level fight, let alone reason to proclaim the winner as "unbeatable". This comment was made even more ridiculous by the fact that I was standing right there, living proof that Randy Couture is definitely beatable.

"Unbeatable", Dana says. If he actually believes that, I'm more than willing to step into the cage and prove him wrong. It wouldn't even have to be for the belt. I already got the real belt. They can keep their pile of brass they purport as the UFC Heavyweight Title and put it on their next paper champ.
    will Dana be man enough to sign Barnett and make this fight happen? Adding Barnett to the HW mix would be insane, and frankly i'm surprised it hasnt already happened

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 6:39pm

Style: Man-ho Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HANKtheTANK
    found this lil gem just now.

will Dana be man enough to sign Barnett and make this fight happen? Adding Barnett to the HW mix would be insane, and frankly i'm surprised it hasnt already happened
    You are right that is a Gem.

I would love to see that fight happen.

I wonder if it really is his myspace or just a clone page.

Of course Dana is going to say Randy is unbeatable, it makes for a huge fight next time up, if he wins he is unbeatable, if not then wow the new champ is even awesomer. Dana is good at what he does and deserves all the $ he gets.

I do agree with Barnetts thoughts on Gonzaga though.

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 7:03pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmm, the link didn't carry over when i pasted the quote
    so here it is
    http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Josh-Barn...r-Champ39.html

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 7:18pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by the yellow dart
    I'm going to trust the betting lines quite a bit more than I will straight anecdotal evidence. Gonzaga was the favorite to win by the golden standard of money. Just because your gym is filled with Randy nut-huggers doesn't make them the definitive opinion. The same goes even further when you consider that most of these people voting in the UFC poll are TUF fanboys who don't even understand who this "cro-cop" character is or what he has done. They just love DA NATURAL!
    hmmm, nuthuggers...i don't think so...betting lines are full of people who know **** about the sport. They just saw the bigger, stronger, younger guy and bet.

My gym is full of educated fighters INCLUDING 1 UFC fighter and 2 WEC fighters. Even if the betting lines meant that most people favored Gonzaga, you'd be wise to consider who you call nuthuggers. That term implies being a fanboy for the sake of it without intelligently considering both fighters, which I and most of the folks I train with are not.

edit: As for the fight...Yeah, he was a dick for holding on that long, but I don't fault him at all for the blood fest. He was trying to end it, and Mazzagati didn't stop the fight like he probably should have.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 10:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    hmmm, nuthuggers...i don't think so...betting lines are full of people who know **** about the sport. They just saw the bigger, stronger, younger guy and bet.

My gym is full of educated fighters INCLUDING 1 UFC fighter and 2 WEC fighters. Even if the betting lines meant that most people favored Gonzaga, you'd be wise to consider who you call nuthuggers. That term implies being a fanboy for the sake of it without intelligently considering both fighters, which I and most of the folks I train with are not.
    I don't know why being fighters and TRAINING makes one any less susceptible to nuthugging.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 10:28pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by the yellow dart
    I don't know why being fighters and TRAINING makes one any less susceptible to nuthugging.
    not that they're less susceptible, it's just that by being a fighter or training in the sport you are generally better educated about the sport. So...your decisions are then based on knowledge and experience, not the fact that you're swinging on said person's nuts.
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 23 LastLast